No announcement yet.

Blowing off steam - The Rant Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenty of grey there to be exploited or used by a judge with a certain leaning.

On the case I paid out for the leaning tree, the very first question I asked at the outset of the small claims lady was, are costs at play & can they be awarded.
    my thinking was if they are , I’ll give it my full attention, time and get the best legal representation and we would win and I’d have the satisfaction of billing the fcuk making the claim for my time etc etc.

No she said, costs are never awarded in SCC.

Fine I’ll rock up and see how it plays out , because claim was only €200 ish

Court day arrived , one of my crew called in with COVID so I had to cover.
    judge didn’t appreciate the no show and awarded the full amount and costs of €270.

Hold the fcukin phone says I, go back 18 months and re-read the email you replied to?

I’ll have to go back to the judge on this…..yes you will

Judge has discretion to do what she wants, sorry , pay up or we’ll see you back in court.

the judiciary, a great bunch of lads & lassies….

Comment

• I’ve no intention on chasing a farmer. I’ll chalk it down.

Comment

• Well, I hope the roast dinner was at least decent
        I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• I'd say if the farmer liability was clearcut then farmers would be paying mega amounts in insurance given that everyone hitting a sheep would be getting whiplash and be out of work for 5 years and can no longer enjoy sex as all they can see is sheep etc etc etc and that's an easy €3m right there.

Comment

• 3 million you say.... Hmmmmm
            www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Well, you did say you saw 2 sheeps jumping over a fence, I put it to you that you were asleep when the collision occurred!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdf View Post
                Well, you did say you saw 2 sheeps jumping over a fence, I put it to you that you were asleep when the collision occurred!

Comment

• Having a fear of sheep would cause a man sleepless nights...
                  "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                  "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by jdf View Post
                    Well, you did say you saw 2 sheeps jumping over a fence, I put it to you that you were asleep when the collision occurred!
                    Objection!! Shearsay

Comment

• It’s only hearsay if ewe weren’t there. Stop trying to pull the will over the jury’s eyes!
                      Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

• Ewe'll be back in here all sheepish like correcting yourself to say you meant wool. There'll be no need to ram home the point.

Comment

• I've herd it's the sheep that are afraid of you, not the other way around.
                          Deadly Dave

Comment

• Flock that, it would be a herd of cattle not sheep.
                            Deadly Dave

Comment

• It's a very minor rant, more a whinge really.

Companies that supply products to supermarkets in mixed variety SKUs.

So like maybe there's two varieties of barbecue sauce in the same box. The nicer one sells out, and you're left with the other variety, but because the box isn't empty and they don't want to be stuck with them, they don't put out another box with the nicer variety till the less nice one sells out.

It's a bit like being told you can't have any ice cream unless you eat all your sprouts, but as an adult, by Aldi.
                              https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Why is only one feeder road off/on the N7 Newlands Cross junction a constant amber light?? You can drive freely off outbound to Belgard/Tallaght (given right of way is clear), you can’t drive from Belgard/Tallaght onto N7 outbound, you’re stuck on a red light!! It irks me
                                I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X