No announcement yet.

Blowing off steam - The Rant Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure this is a rant but sheep on the road. I’m sure it’s near impossible to contain the stupid creatures but now I have about €1500 worth of damage to my F-Pace. I had to be in Kilkenny yesterday with the family. Decided to take the non motorway home stopping for some chips etc. avoided sheep in one stretch but later on spotted 2 sheep on the right side of the road so slowed and then 2 more jumped over the fence….

Comment

• Originally posted by -MICK- View Post
      Not sure this is a rant but sheep on the road. I’m sure it’s near impossible to contain the stupid creatures but now I have about €1500 worth of damage to my F-Pace. I had to be in Kilkenny yesterday with the family. Decided to take the non motorway home stopping for some chips etc. avoided sheep in one stretch but later on spotted 2 sheep on the right side of the road so slowed and then 2 more jumped over the fence….
      Always assume if there is one sheep then there are more to follow and they will walk out in front of you even if they see you coming. That's how they operate. Hence the saying "Following like sheep" They are the most dumbass animals on the planet.
      When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

Very often that individual is crazy.

Comment

• Farmers should have figured out at this stage how to keep them in the field is all. And yes I was expecting more to be on the road having seen the others. But the choice was two sheep or one sheep or a wall…… sorry one sheep…

Comment

• We’ll have to wait until they start taking out cyclists for something to be done about them in the mean time, they should be marked/tagged and the farmer held held accountable.
          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
            We’ll have to wait until they start taking out cyclists for something to be done about them in the mean time, they should be marked/tagged and the farmer held held accountable.
            Having now realised I need a full bumper and other bits I’m sorry I didn’t go find the farmer. This could be a 2 grand hit.

Comment

• Anytime I come across these dumb beasts I always slow right up, I’ve seen some get spooked in traffic and run head first into the door of a car. Had to of done damage and they seem to everywhere up the Sally Gap roads now too
              I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• No no no,
                learnt a long time ago from the old man - show no weakness, pick a gap and accelerate through it.
                Pretty much always driving noisy cars helps.

Failed me once in all the years and like mick cost me €1500 in bumper and headlight, is there even any recourse if you track down the farmer and have the offending sheep in da boot?

I now know I’m liable for my fcuking trees leaning over the road and paid the price, but without wanting to ruffle any feathers , farmers get away with murder.

I guess as we’re now learning , that whole food production thing is important and tricky so I never went looking.

Comment

• Having to go to the office tomorrow getting up an hour earlier tomorrow is bad enough, but then looking out on the street and seeing the neighbours kids have left a rake of bikes and scooters on the road in front of my driveway again and I'm going to have clear all that crap out of the way first thing in the morning makes it worse, they'll probably be all wet, slipperly, cold and filthy from being left in the rain too.

Last edited by crank_case; 06-06-2022, 11:00 PM.
                  https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Originally posted by foyler View Post
                    No no no,
                    learnt a long time ago from the old man - show no weakness, pick a gap and accelerate through it.
                    Pretty much always driving noisy cars helps.

Failed me once in all the years and like mick cost me €1500 in bumper and headlight, is there even any recourse if you track down the farmer and have the offending sheep in da boot?

I now know I’m liable for my fcuking trees leaning over the road and paid the price, but without wanting to ruffle any feathers , farmers get away with murder.

I guess as we’re now learning , that whole food production thing is important and tricky so I never went looking.
                    Around here it's more deer than sheep and that is not fabulous in a convertible but isn't a sheep sort of like a pedestrian where it can't be at fault and if you go looking for the farmer he will ask for a new sheep?

Comment

• Sheep, deer.... Mehhhh....

Try a fcuking charging male elephant which nearly t-bones your car as he charges blindly out of the woods onto the road in the depths of Sri Lanka.

Comment

• Yeah I had a deer and my life flash before my eyes not too long ago in the Honda, these are all late night hoops so who da fcuk is gonna listen to my complaints

Imagine rocking up to the cop shop or a farm in a convertible at 2 in the morning with the remains of a sheep…..I suspect the response would be similarly withering, one potentially gun fire!

Comment

• Ah fcuk you and your mad life Deltona, you always have a better story

Comment

• Originally posted by Cappo View Post
                            I’m not sure if you southsiders know Griffith Avenue one of the longest tree lined avenues in Europe. They have added a bicycle lane on both sides of the road protected by poles . Car parking is outside the bike lane, so further reducing the road available to motor transport.

ok, I don’t have an objection to cycle lanes, but I drove up the avenue to Glasnevin at a non peak line, a trip that should be about 10 to 15 minutes. It took me 35 minutes.

most of the problem is at the junctions of the main roads. The cycle lane runs all the way to about two meters to the junctions. Any motorised transport trying to make an left turn has to take a wide turn to make the corner, which means the only about 3 to 4 vehicles ‘make’ the traffic lights.

the ironic thing is, that in the 35 minutes I was stuck in traffic, I saw not one cyclist in either direction, not one!
                            Yes this. Stillorgan Park. Left filter to Carysfort Avenue eliminated in this way. I now know that at say 3 pm this can take 20 minutes so I take a different, much longer route. Never see any bikes there.

Who are these idiots that make decisions on their desktop that cause chaos and misery? Did I vote for any of them? None of them mentioned traffic chaos as a policy as far as I can recall.
                            sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post

Around here it's more deer than sheep and that is not fabulous in a convertible but isn't a sheep sort of like a pedestrian where it can't be at fault and if you go looking for the farmer he will ask for a new sheep?
                              https://www.irishexaminer.com/farmin...20the%20cattle.

www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post

My sister had a cow hit her car a while back, she had come to a full stop before it happened but she claimed off the farmer

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X