No announcement yet.

Blowing off steam - The Rant Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did shiftwork as a porter and cleaner in A&E during holidays to pay for college.
    7.30pm to 7.30am for seven nights, then a solid week off before heading in to do the same again.

I loved that job, but it was tough over the winter as you could go a week without seeing daylight.
    I used to take my break and walk down to a 24/7 Tesco at 3am where I'd just meet the weirdest people.

Also I saw some absolutely insane stuff on that job...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrasslers View Post
      I did shiftwork as a porter and cleaner in A&E

Also I saw some absolutely insane stuff on that job...

Please Continue....
      looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

• **Descriptions of injuries below**

I saw two gunshots wounds while working there. One lad had fired a shotgun into his own chest and took a fist sized chunk out of it. While extremely serious, the injury was not fatal, the angle at which he put the gun to his chest and his choice of fine shot may have helped that outcome. After he was stabilised I had to bring him to the X-Ray department for them to assess some of the damage. Shot pellets show up extremely well on X-Ray and they were clustered near the wound and spread into his shoulder and arm.

Motorcycle accidents created some dreadful injuries, in one case a rider had hit a solid object (can't remember what) and had smashed his crotch into the fuel tank. I was assisting the nurse who removed the bandages from the affected area. His scrotum had split and his testicles were hanging outside it. The nurse says "Uh, sorry to tell you this but you've got some severe damage to your genitals" the rider who was alert and otherwise suffering only minor injuries replies breathily and sarcastically "Yes... I know".

You hear it all the time, but witnessing it really drives it home. The amount of time and resourses spent on looking after alcohol related injuries is ridiculous. Saturday and Sunday mornings from 1am to 4am was nothing but sloppy drunks who fell over and fights outside nightclubs.
        Last edited by Wrasslers; 20-05-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• I got one of them voucher packs from Tesco this morning. You know 30c off this and 40c off that. I don’t know who has the energy to remember to bring those vouchers and then match against the basket to achieve a 70c saving and waste everybody’s time at the checkouts but I certainly don’t.

Here’s an idea. Why not just assign these vouchers to my Tesco card and deduct them automatically if I manage to buy the right type of ham that the voucher is valid for. That’ll give me a nice little surprise and my love towards Tesco will be forever.

Comment

• Think the idea is to get you to buy stuff that’s slow selling so more than likely stuff you wouldn’t normally get. The thoughts of traipsing through the shop deliberately targeting particular products to get 70c off is crazy though. I doubt many do it but also believe there are many out there that would.

Comment

• There’s a series on tv called extreme couponing, obviously a Yankee show, but it works for them, also some actually use it for good, they can get like $600 worth of good for like $12 and donate it to the needy.
              I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• The vouchers are used by the retail outlets to track the effectiveness of their campaigns, so that is why you don't see them being digital (yet).
                They could potentially be made with QR codes etc. but then they become shareable, which will go against their use...
                "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Tesco are advertising an app now, so surely it should all become trackable via that now.
                  I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
                    The vouchers are used by the retail outlets to track the effectiveness of their campaigns, so that is why you don't see them being digital (yet).
                    They could potentially be made with QR codes etc. but then they become shareable, which will go against their use...
                    Only if the QR code doesn't correspond with the membership card/account which is attempting to use it. You scan your account code first, and if the specific vouchers which have been sent to your account (via the app) are applicable to any items you've scanned in they are automatically applied, so it's not necessary to scan the vouchers themselves. Ditto the actual QR code, it just ties back to your account and shows the offers promoted in your app may have successfully swayed your purchasing decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post

Only if the QR code doesn't correspond with the membership card/account which is attempting to use it. You scan your account code first, and if the specific vouchers which have been sent to your account (via the app) are applicable to any items you've scanned in they are automatically applied, so it's not necessary to scan the vouchers themselves. Ditto the actual QR code, it just ties back to your account and shows the offers promoted in your app may have successfully swayed your purchasing decisions.
                      True that. Then its a bit nuts, really.
                      "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..

Comment

• Yeah, sad to say I do most of the grocery shopping in the household, so have these bloody apps and loyalty cards in my phone. I shouldn't admit to that...
                        But that's how some of the local super/hypermarkets operate. Hell, I can scan stuff on my phone as I shop, place it in the trolley, walk to the self service checkout, scan my account and it's all there rang up and ready to go with any discounts or offers applied. Tap the phone to pay and wheel on out the door. I hate :D:D:D:Ding queueing...

Comment

• Isn’t “dog food” false advertising? It’s very last food the dog eats.

Comment

• Why do they bother covering the murdering of school kids. They never do anything to stop it. Every time is the same. More guns are sold and the slaughter continues.

Tis tiring.

And this fcuking Roe v Wade sh1te. Jesus the place is going back decades.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                              Isn’t “dog food” false advertising? It’s very last food the dog eats.
                              Dogs can't read.
                              https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                                Isn’t “dog food” false advertising? It’s very last food the dog eats.
                                It is. Its not made from dogs.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X