Blowing off steam - The Rant Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post

I had the exact same thing the other day waiting for one of the kids to get vaccinated. Some moron sitting there with diesel engine on for 30 mins. Such unbelievable stupidity. Thankfully it was sufficiently far away so I didn’t get the fumes but listening to that crap for 30 mins was bad enough.

It’s not exactly uncommon though. Supermarket car parks are full of the same thing. I used to really enjoy it back in the queueing to get inside days, not.

So yes I feel your pain and frustration.
    Some times needs must. I had to do it the yesterday, 2 kiddies asleep ehat do you do bake them in the sun or run the engine for A/C. I hated doing it though.
    https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Constant battle with my wife in the winter. She wants to run the car in the morning to warm it up before putting the kids in it.

a: It takes forever to warm an idling diesel.

b: I like my neighbours and don't want to inflict half an hour of a clattering tractor noises on them.

c: Environment/engine damage/whateveryourehavingyourself

It's mostly b.

Comment

• Anyone else notice a huge surge in spam phone calls lately, or is it just me? Up to 3 or 4 calls every day recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrasslers View Post
          Constant battle with my wife in the winter. She wants to run the car in the morning to warm it up before putting the kids in it.

a: It takes forever to warm an idling diesel.

b: I like my neighbours and don't want to inflict half an hour of a clattering tractor noises on them.

c: Environment/engine damage/whateveryourehavingyourself

It's mostly b.
          In fairness one major win with EVs is that you can easily preheat/precool them and there is no such thing as an engine running so if you’re sitting waiting somewhere you just have a/c, stereo etc on and nobody is bothered by it.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTI View Post
            Anyone else notice a huge surge in spam phone calls lately, or is it just me? Up to 3 or 4 calls every day recently.
            yep, had a fair few last week. Many of the numbers calling were replicating my mobile number, with just a digit changed. I blocked all of them and they’ve stopped but the texts have started. Apparently I’ve lots of parcels awaiting delivery!

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post

Nah, sounds too hissy fit, drone metal is the thing - you need to hear SunnO)) at full volume on big speakers with a lot of bass, it's more like an impersonal force of nature, like an earthquake or hurricane.

This, aimed at the howareyas playing Scooter at full blast out of a half cab on the roof in Mountjoy sq I want to say 15 years ago

For me it's the neighbors fecking dogs, I open the back door and there's then yappy little feckers running all round, I've resorted to playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3CKmMbTU9w outside and 2 mins of it has them fecking off and shutting up!
              2005 toyota sequoia, 1993 300d, 2009 prius, 1984 Volvo 242 turbo intercooler

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveD View Post

yep, had a fair few last week. Many of the numbers calling were replicating my mobile number, with just a digit changed. I blocked all of them and they’ve stopped but the texts have started. Apparently I’ve lots of parcels awaiting delivery!
                Ya housemate was just saying this. This evening actually.

Comment

• A) Its not acceptable to sit on someones car so you can chat to your mate in a supermarket carpark! And if some tells you to get off their car, have the common decency to apologise!

B) Keep your screeching funking kids off their funkin trampoline at 7,30 every morning!!!!!

Comment

• 7.30 FFS!
                    Similarly lads screaming their heads off at 11 pm outside your front door!

Comment

• What the name of :D:D:D:D are kids doing up at that hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveD View Post

Now that you say it I've had at least a few calls over the last few days and the number is damn near identical
                        to my own number.
                        I have blocked it a few times but I guess they just change a number and call again.

What exactly are they trying to achieve?

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post

Now that you say it I've had at least a few calls over the last few days and the number is damn near identical
                          to my own number.
                          I have blocked it a few times but I guess they just change a number and call again.

What exactly are they trying to achieve?
                          To take your money. Tell you your details have been compromised and they just need to double check some stuff.
                          They wouldn't keep trying it if some poor souls didn't fall for it.
                          It's the data that was illegally mined recently from the HSE etc.
                          Just think Glengarry Glenross for real crooks
                          2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                          2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
                          2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                          2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                          1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                          1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Eoin View Post
                            7.30 FFS!
                            Similarly lads screaming their heads off at 11 pm outside your front door!
                            This..

I know people think it's just me being a grouch when I moan about noise from kids playing on our street, but it's the hours, duration and nature of the noise. Some days its been incessant yammering, screaming and general drama from before 8AM until 9PM. Funny how boomer facebook would have you believe kids are glued to screens, but I sometimes wish these kids would discover nintendo.

Thank goodness the summer holidays are over. I never thought I'd be happy to welcome back the rain and dark evenings.

Also, anyone who lets their child out of the house with a recorder needs to be tried for acts of terrorism..

https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post

This..

I know people think it's just me being a grouch when I moan about noise from kids playing on our street, but it's the hours, duration and nature of the noise. Some days its been incessant yammering, screaming and general drama from before 8AM until 9PM. Funny how boomer facebook would have you believe kids are glued to screens, but I sometimes wish these kids would discover nintendo.

Thank goodness the summer holidays are over. I never thought I'd be happy to welcome back the rain and dark evenings.

Also, anyone who lets their child out of the house with a recorder needs to be tried for acts of terrorism..

Do we live on the same estate bar the recorder...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eoin View Post

Do we live on the same estate bar the recorder...
                                Doubt it. I think you'd definitely notice the recorder..

https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Working...
                                X