Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do they think immunity lasts from the vaccines?

At Irelands rate could people possible be coming to the end of their immunity by the time everyone's vaccinated lol.

Will lockdowns be still used again when the immunity from the vaccines runs out I wonder.

Comment

• If we can get over the initial hump, I think we'll end up with annual boosters like flu, to help protect against new strains.

Comment

• NI today:

139 new positive cases
        154 Hospital inpatients
        14 ICU patients

Comment

• ROI hospital inpatient trend

Last edited by Mark F; 24-03-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• ROI testing update

Big upshot in qty of tests completed being reported today

694 positive swabs, 3.47% positivity on 19,979 tests.

3 day is 3.6% (Down 0.2%)
            5 day is 3.8% (Down 0.3%)
            7 day is 3.9% (Down 0.1%)

Comment

• St Patricks Day will surely see an uptick

Comment

• Cases per Fortnight per 100K by Age Group Trend for last 3 weeks

Comment

• Comment

• ROI today:

683 new positive cases
                    329 Hospital inpatients
                    76 ICU patients

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Limerick View Post
                      How long do they think immunity lasts from the vaccines?

At Irelands rate could people possible be coming to the end of their immunity by the time everyone's vaccinated lol.

Will lockdowns be still used again when the immunity from the vaccines runs out I wonder.
                      Brother is in Abu Dhabi and he's heard they're doing a booster on some of the first vaccinated but they're very strict there. Chinese vaccine btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuneR View Post
                        Brother is in Abu Dhabi and he's heard they're doing a booster on some of the first vaccinated but they're very strict there. Chinese vaccine btw.
                        I believe they're looking at starting to administer boosters from August in the UK - (Need to dig out where I read that...)

Comment

• I think the boosters are ready, or damn near ready in some cases, for rollout in the autumn. Of course I think they won't apply to a lot of Irish citizens for 2021. If you get the AZ shot in Mar/Apr it'll be Jun/Jul/Aug before getting the second jab. Probably little point in getting a booster 2-3 months later. Or that's my thinking anyhow.

I'm sure things will be made clearer at some point in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
                            This is it exactly. As vaccinations grow case numbers will become less relevant, and hospitalisations will be the only number to focus on.
                            But the health service is still going to to be in for a rough trot in the future. Not only with the backlog in treatments and screening/diagnoses, but people suffering with long covid will impact too. The increase in new patients being referred to cardiac consultants and pulmonary consultants across the country is noticeable, and unanticipated, as these clinics and services previously operated on the basis of a calculated average of new cases vs closed cases. Now there is new unanticipated demand being placed on these services.
                            Whether these patients will need lengthy ongoing care, or whether they'll recover gradually over the space of a few years is all unknown at this moment in time.
                            But things are continuing to back up with new cases being referred to cardiologists and pulmonologists around the country.
                            What's will be the solution to this? More money?
                            We have heard for years how the health service has been under all sorts of pressure and delays long before Covid and with the back log and the continued pressure from Covid into the future is it a case of People Will die and that will be acceptable because we saved more covid patients?
                            Its really hard to understand the logic of these severe restrictions in full knowledge that in the years ahead collateral damage will be massive.
                            Is there any talk of what next or what happens in a year or 2 years etc.
                            It just seems to be week to week planning here.
                            Its frustrating for me, I'm sure people in the medical profession are sick of it. ( no pun intended)

Comment

• More taxes Renn, more taxes.

Comment

• My brother is an anti mask and anti covid vaxer. I could strangle the idiot. He keeps sending me links to sites and videos about "our constitutional rights" blahh blahh blaaaahhhh. Dont really want to fall out with a family member over this but tis seriously pissin me off.
                                Latest one was a video to sign a petition against vaccination passports. (I think they make perfect sense).
                                Covid is not going away even when all adults are vaccinated. Children can still and will get it in schools and creches etc.

Sorry...rant over

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X