This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thos View Post
    How do those age demographics compare to last year? I don’t recall seeing such young ages on a par with older groups. UK strain I’m assuming in full effect.
    Here is the same graph from Nov last year when we were at same average incidence on the downward slope of Wave 2

Comment

• Thanks for sharing, hopefully that means some positive vaccine effect on the older age groups, but definitely a different impact for under 18’s in circulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnRA View Post
        Shits cray, yo. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mid=tw-nytimes

It shows how dysfunctional and divided the world is, let alone Ireland.

Over a year in to this and the powers that be can't come together to eradicate the issue.
        Something like this is always ripe for corruption of course but I think the core problem is that this is currently a zero-sum game. The vaccine supply is a limited resource and every country is has to try to establish a hierarchy of priorities and although some of the approaches being taken seem questionable at best, there really is no clear "right way" to do this, but what is clear is that bureaucracy and politics have taken too much a front seat in the process.

Comment

• There's a debate out there about kids showing up more in the stats now and I'm not sure anyone really knows if it's the new strains or we just testing more of them now. But they're definitely getting more cases. It's probably not an unreasonable assumption to assume that some of the new strains are spreading easier among kids.

Comment

• ROI today:

520 new positive cases
            359 Hospital inpatients
            81 ICU patients

Comment

• I don't know what way they're justifying vaccine administration. My grandmother is 70 odd, has diabetes amongst some other minor geriatric ailments that she's on a cocktail of medicines for. Still no vaccine. Yet a friend of mine from college is mid 20's. Has diabetes but is fit as a fiddle and has been taking his chances with covid from day one. Got his first dose today.

Can the HSE not filter by age/ailments?

Comment

• @Foyler,

Get out on your bike again, You will not be the only one.Needs must.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
                  Unlikely the schools would show up so quickly and if it is the schools its Irrelevant becaus covid doesnt seem to effect Kids.
                  The Tourists for paddies day, and the Dublin population getting on with life is likely why the cases are going up and if they are, so what.
                  People are getting vaccinated, So Fvck it.
                  I'm sick of the scare tactics now at this stage.
                  As are most people I feel.

With due respect. It has turned up in schools. I should know. Cases confirmed by my kids school. 2ND class and 6th class have cases confirmed. We received email notification.

Comment

• Some students back over 3 weeks now, so increases in those ages was inevitable.

Via RTE news on some recent case sources:
                    HSE's Director of Public Health for the Midlands Dr Una Fallon said the high number of cases in Co Offaly is due to an amplification of case numbers in creches, at funerals, factories and other workplaces.
                    Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn said public health teams had seen outbreaks recently in students, among the Irish Traveller community, a small number in schools, and some in the meat-processing sector.
                    There is some concern about a possible increase in incidence among children between 0 and 12 years of age, says Prof Philip Nolan. There is very strong investigation going on around schools, he says.
                    Last edited by Mark F; 22-03-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeusExMachina View Post
                      With due respect. It has turned up in schools. I should know. Cases confirmed by my kids school. 2ND class and 6th class have cases confirmed. We received email notification.
                      I wasnt having a go at you at all, I was just generalising and I take your point, 1 school local to you has cases and there maybe others.
                      Fair enough.

With Vacines rolling out, is it really as much of a concern now as it was this time last year knowing what we know.
                      My 14yo is due back after the Hols, We live in Tallaght, large population, the schools have been fine, no major scares or any thing that I have heard of. None closed before lock down, and surely now as I say, 'with vacines' we must be in a better place and not as worried as before.

Comment

• There was a positive case in my wifes school today.
                        The reactions from other parents is "interesting".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark F View Post
                          HSE's Director of Public Health for the Midlands Dr Una Fallon said the high number of cases in Co Offaly is due to an amplification of case numbers in creches,
                          Interesting fact, creche workers DO NOT wear PPE.
                          Children under the age of 5 don't do social distancing, or cover their mouths when coughing etc.
                          Creche workers are not considered front line and thus not getting vaccines.

So my wife gets minimum wage to take a big gamble to bring it home to me and I have chronic asthma.

On the up side, my folks are late 70's are getting theirs on Friday, they are out in Howth, which is gods waiting room anyway but, thankfully, as both are in great health they were way down the GP's list.

My sister is 40 and lives in London and got hers last week as she had a pre-existing condition. I didn't know being a tw@t was a medical condition - every day is a school day I suppose.
                          Last edited by Rochey; 23-03-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochey View Post
                            My sister is 40 and lives in London and got hers last week as she had a pre-existing condition. I didn't know being a tw@t was a medical condition - every day is a school day I suppose.
                            Ouch!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                              There was a positive case in my wifes school today.
                              The reactions from other parents is "interesting".
                              Can you explain more on the other parents reactions?

Comment

• Hasn't the panic around Covid-19 and schools subsided a bit now? Covid-19 isn't exactly that unusual and in groups of hundreds of people you're going to get the odd infection here and there. There was a case in one of the kid's classes last week and there was no real drama, possibly because it didn't spread in the school as validated by testing. I'm sure it can spread in schools but as I understand it most of the young people's infections are occurring outside of school. In the cases that I know of, it was one of the parents infecting the child at home and it stopped there. I'm sure there are other variants of spread too but you know... life goes on and all that.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X