Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when are the people in charge here going to cop on and freeze the backroads accounts of the unvaccinated?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
      Out of curiosity, why do you think it being busy has anything to do with Covid-19 (given the thread)?
      All booths fully checking documents, whereas a few weeks back it was wave everyone through with just the Passport check.

Comment

• Ok. I went through yesterday and they just checked the passport. It was very busy too so seemed to be more about passenger volume than anything else.
        I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Meself and the lads are only doing the Six Pubs of Christmas this year.
          1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
          2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
          2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
            Meself and the lads are only doing the Six Pubs of Christmas this year.
            were doing the same six pubs twice to limit the spread.
            Don't bother with Eco, it's not very nice, leave it in normal & drive it like you just stole it.

Comment

• It seems the models were more accurate than we thought - just the timing a little slower, possibly in thanks to the weather? or the Oct 21 changes?
              "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post

Stephen Donnelly has called for a decrease in discretionary social contacts and when pressed on the definition of that by journalists, replied that people shouldn't be going to nightclubs three times a week. A point was then made that some people might chose to go to a nightclub three times a week and in any case it had been deemed safe for the sector to open, to which Donnelly replied that if you went to a nightclub three times a week, don't do anything else that week.

Maybe there's some people out there who feel that terms like 'discretionary social contacts' are normal and that contradictory advice is too even if a sector or activity is declared safe or not, but in any case the point I made in my post about 'no not like that' stands because this is precisely what he is saying. The constant moving of goalposts and restrictions and advice continues to be perplexing.
                Not to defend The Donnely but can the Gov be expected to get everything right?
                The modern world we live in has never seen anything as widespread as covid, its constantly changing and the vacines havent been as successful as many had hoped and here we are again looking for heads to roll.
                I'm growing tired of the blame game.

Its Gods fault after all. 🙄😋

Comment

• I'm not one for making excuses for the Guv'ment but if people just did simple things like cut down
                  on their contacts, wash their hands and wear their masks.
                  Everyone is sick of restrictions but unfortunately for now, Covid isn't going anywhere.

Most people should be well used to what is the best things to do so they shouldn't need to be told after nearly
                  two years of this thing.

Looking at the news earlier there isn't a whole lot of room left in Intensive Care wards so you'd have
                  to say if things keep going the way they are, further lockdowns or restrictions must be on the horizon.

And it's hard to believe the Government/NPHET is only now, finally coming around to really pushing Antigen testing.
                  If people can test themselves at home and the likes of children going to school, that will hopefully start making inroads into
                  keeping asymptomatic cases at home.

Comment

• Or rollout boosters and rock on
                    I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Boosters are being quietly rolled out. Now approved for 50-59 year olds.

Comment

• The vaccinated by age breakdown is a bit tough to take.
                        FEOmLs_WQAIPWE_.jpeg huge amount of people in their 50s and younger who haven't felt the need to get vaccinated.
                        I read on rte that the icu consists of roughly equal numbers of unvaccinated and the vulnerable vaccinated, a distinction that a lot of anti vaxers choose to ignore. Vulnerable vaccinated would presumably include a lot who haven't yet gotten their boosters.
                        This is going down a bad road and the government needs to get the boosters out and step up the covid pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by philb View Post
                          The vaccinated by age breakdown is a bit tough to take.
                          FEOmLs_WQAIPWE_.jpeg huge amount of people in their 50s and younger who haven't felt the need to get vaccinated.
                          I read on rte that the icu consists of roughly equal numbers of unvaccinated and the vulnerable vaccinated, a distinction that a lot of anti vaxers choose to ignore.
                          I think a proportion of anti-vaxers struggle with maths and logic. Reading the comments section you get poorly written stuff like "See- 50% of ICU is taken up by vaccinated people, the vaccines dont work pal". When they dont get that the other 50% of the ICU take up is from just 8% of the population. If you point that out, they go silent.

Comment

• I suspect the problem is that the 40-60 age group is quite large in terms of number of people so let's say 10% not being vaccinated translates to quite a large number of people who are then much more likely to need that ICU capacity. The percentages of unvaccinated don't tell the full story is my point I guess particularly with a virus where age is a major indicator of outcome.
                            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• % positivity of tests continues to rise , 7 day average now at 15.1%.
                              Daily test qty's are at all time high since the very start of the pandemic averaging just under 28K test per day in the last week

Comment

• Only the 85+ age group bucking the case trend

[

Comment

Working...
                                X