Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks Mark, yours has been an amazing contribution and very much appreciated.

Comment

• I really do appreciate the thanks folks. so glad my contribution had a positive impact with our little community

Comment

• Many thanks Mark, echoing the previous posts your data has been my go to point of information. Its much appreciated.

Comment

• Thanks, Mark. A well deserved break. Like many have said, you were my main source of info throughout this pandemic.

Comment

• https://www.thejournal.ie/detailed-c...=twitter_short

"Taoiseach Micheál Martin said yesterday that he “can’t guarantee” that the remaining Covid-19 restrictions will be lifted next week following a “wrong turn” in the trajectory of the virus."
            Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• I had set a phone reminder for tomorrow for ‘pre restriction easing scare story’ but it seems I was off by one day. Ah well, next time.
              1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
              2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
              2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
                I had set a phone reminder for tomorrow for ‘pre restriction easing scare story’ but it seems I was off by one day. Ah well, next time.

Comment

• No promises,but may update periodically when time allows:

Fair swing in cases since last posting

Last edited by Mark F; 16-10-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• I think there is a 'border effect' in our stats where vaccination rates appear lower in the ROI border counties (possibly due to residents there having been vaccinated in NI and not showing up in ROI stats) plus ROI border counties have at different times had quite a high rate of cases, possibly due to differing public health approaches in the two jurisdictions.

What I don't fully comprehend though is how two counties -Carlow and Waterford - that are far from the border and therefore unlikely to have distorting factors as outlined above have a vaccination rate of 99.4% (Waterford) and 98.6% (Carlow) have two of the highest incidence rates in the State. I'm sure there isn't any one reason, it just seems odd.
                      1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                      2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                      2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Both Waterford and Carlow are massive College areas. and they are all near back to full time, maybe a simple answer

Comment

• It was my immediate thought, tbh. And not because students are evil people, but looking at my eldest who has just started 3rd level education, he's on jammers public transport to get to a jammers college. Plus obviously the extra curricular studies of the pub trade.
                          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Comment

• Cork is after taking some jump up the table.Went from the bottom 4 to top 4 in about 11 days.

Comment

• I have noticed more and more people not wearing masks in shops..... Do we need a new public message? ( Im still not vaccinated so a bit hypocritical I know )

Comment

Working...
                                X