This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

Before you think I'm having a go, I'm not.
    evry ome is entitled to their opinion.

I have taken 99% of all precautions available to me, social distancing, cleaning hands, wearing masks etc like most people.
    These are the most relevant precautions

Some of the reasons for people being in ICU is because of their lazy approach to good health, smoking drinking obesity etc has caused far more ICU admission due to covid than healthy unvacinated people like myself.

Interesting to see if anything been published about the amount of people who have died with covid who have been vaccinated?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...says-1.4688659

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ View Post

I cannot understand this. 50% of people in ICU would not be there if they had taken an injection. That's a lot of work and resources and taking it up because you can't be arsed to make time for a vaccination is selfish. I don't see how that's remotely arguable?

Sure, if you have an accident and need care, that's fine; but if you regularly drive without a seatbelt because you simply can't be bothered putting it on, and you have an accident, then your recklessness means that a lot of time and effort needs to be spent on your care, when you could have done a lot of people a favour if you had done the reasonable thing.

I don't get your point at all but I'm not sure I want to. Have you any idea how many people have died because some people won't take reasonable precautions?
      I'm not sure anyone said they can't be arsed getting vaccinated?

In the last year if you want to classify who the most selfish were - then these were the people that went to the pubs last Xmas, didn't bother with social distancing, didn't bother wearing masks, went on holidays and flew back here prior to any controls being in place etc. etc.- all prior to any vaccine being in place

Comment

• Originally posted by dimitri View Post
        We are all people at the end of the day, some are not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate and stood firm, more were not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate but were pressured into it for work/travel/social reasons, others are delighted to have the chance to get vaccinated. None of these people are wrong.
        Well said dimitri. These are personal choices in a society and we should try and exercise a healthy degree of tolerance of each others views.

I'm in DMZ's camp re. not worth taking the risk (and have had a rotten enough last three months with lingering post-Covid symptoms) but if someone wants to take that risk on... well... best I can say is have at it.
        1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
        2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
        2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

I'm not sure anyone said they can't be arsed getting vaccinated?
          Their meaning was clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardsheil View Post

Their meaning was clear.
            To you maybe, but your view is clearly one that is not held by sane people and certainly not accepting of free choice.
            Pleaee Dont keep up posting just one liners, you're doing us a disservice, your fully fledged posts are truly hilarious.

I must stay in bed for a week more often, absolutely hilarious the amount of lunacy lunacy going on in here.

Comment

• Just in time.

Comment

50% of people in ICU would not be there if they had taken an injection.
                Well they only account for half of the problem and I think, if i understand the article above says 70% of those have underlying health conditions.
                So unvacinated people like my self are not adding to any of the hysteria about this

Comment

To you maybe, but your view is clearly one that is not held by sane people and certainly not accepting of free choice.
                  Pleaee Dont keep up posting just one liners, you're doing us a disservice, your fully fledged posts are truly hilarious.

I must stay in bed for a week more often, absolutely hilarious the amount of lunacy lunacy going on in here.
                  Nice to see I am getting under your skin

Comment

• Originally posted by richardsheil View Post

Nice to see I am getting under your skin
                    Not in the slightest,
                    Good news for anti Vaxers below

https://www.thejournal.ie/restaurant...62196-Oct2021/

Comment

Well they only account for half of the problem and I think, if i understand the article above says 70% of those have underlying health conditions.
                      So unvacinated people like my self are not adding to any of the hysteria about this
                      5% of people account for 50% of the problem.Does that make it any clearer?

And yes we will end restrictions ASAP because freedom is important.

Of course we will promote vaccination, like we promote giving up smoking and healthy eating too. What’s the problem?
                      "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

5% of people account for 50% of the problem.Does that make it any clearer?

And yes we will end restrictions ASAP because freedom is important.

Of course we will promote vaccination, like we promote giving up smoking and healthy eating too. What’s the problem?
                        All is good

Comment

• iam not getting the vaccine nor my 5 month (pregnant) wife.

Iam not in the slightest knocking anyone that does,indeed if we were both a few years younger and our holidays / social life was on hold and not pregnant we would possibly choose differently.
                          It does surprise and slightly concerns me how quick people are putting this rushed vaccine in their bodies from unethical big pharma.
                          I don't consider myself an anti vaxer,selfish or a crack pot.

But the Tony,Leo and media properganda machine runs strong,time will tell if people were right to exercise caution

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...mber-1.4305550

Comment

• It's not a 'rushed vaccine.' No corners were cut in development- it's an example of what can be done with unlimited resources. If you look at the timelines and the scale of trials vs what is normally funded it's clear.

It's your choice but honestly I'm so glad my pregnant wife has been vaccinated. unfortunately there have been tragic outcomes relating to Covid in pregnancy, and hundreds of thousands of healthy births from fully vaccinated mothers.

as for 'exercising caution' - it's a question of what you think is being cautious. I think the deadly virus is more likely to do harm than the vaccine, so getting vaccinated is what being cautious looks like.

Comment

• A virus so "deadly" the healthy majority have to be tested to confirm if you have it?

I can see it from your point of view.We are clearly poles apart in our thinking but that's ok and replicated everywhere.

But let me check out and say i hope we both have two happy, healthy bundles of joy next year and all this vaccine fodder is left in the past.

Comment

• Yes that virus. The one that led to people dying in tents in carparks in Italy, and in temporary pre-fabs in the UK. The one that filled every bed in our public hospitals 9 months ago. How deadly is deadly enough? maybe you haven't lost anyone but many of our members have not been so lucky.

Under no circumstances would I wish illness on anyone and I wish you and yours the very best. If you are unvaccinated there is a higher burden on you to keep away from risky places in order to keep your family safe. Please keep that in mind as pregnant people are at higher risk of complications from Covid and the baby won't have any immunity.

CDC in the USA issued an alert on this two days ago:
                                https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/han00453.asp
                                Last edited by SJ; 01-10-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X