Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone that has chosen to get vaccinated - have a cupcake.

Everyone that cannot, or has chosen to not get vaccinated - have a cupcake.

The only thing wrong here, is the them and us attitude. The division in society. That is what's wrong. Our government departments have decided to use this as a tool over the last six months or so to get to the top of the vaccine charts like the good little pixie heads we are in Europe, try not to let it cloud your thinking for too long. Focus on the good that has happened this year and let's push on with the great unwinding of restrictions and the return to normality for all.

We are all people at the end of the day, some are not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate and stood firm, more were not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate but were pressured into it for work/travel/social reasons, others are delighted to have the chance to get vaccinated. None of these people are wrong.

Comment

• Tbh the message is very simple: if you don’t like lying in ICU with severe breathing difficulties, organ failure, months of rehabilitation if you make it, get vaccinated. Forget the other vague benefits. Plenty of unvaccinated people in ICU who had the opportunity to get vaccinated, very much regret it. In my opinion at least, it’s not worth taking the risk. Each and everyone can make their own assessment and I really don’t care what the outcome of that assessment is.
      I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by richardsheil View Post

I tried nicey nicey. Didn't work

He is a selfish ignoramus.
        PMSL. You put a post on a motoring forum yesterday , telling a complete stranger to prioritise getting a medical predcure. Seriously,
        That post and this one, says way more about you, than it does about me.
        You know, There are people who buy new petrol hybrids every year because its saving the planet.....
        I dont feel the urge to buy one of those, and pollution is killing far more people than Covid.
        So to is Alcohol as I mention above, Theres is an anti booze tablet available on prescription which inhibits the intake of alcohol by a person yet nobody is forced to take one.

I really hope you're a pioneering, cycling, vegan, other wise you're just another hypocrite.

Comment

• Originally posted by foyler View Post
          I'm not sure the majority on here would have been vacc'd if it was just for themselves , I certainly wouldn't as I'd have fancied my chances getting through it ok, allied to the fact that I was fairly sure I already had the antibodies, so I think the message might be to consider doing it for the greater good.
          For anyone else sitting on the fence, waiting until they want/have to travel, I'm reminded of a quote from a Few Good Men,

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it.
          Must agree, you are 100% right.

I will get the jab fairly soon, It will be my choice after careful consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by dimitri View Post
            Everyone that has chosen to get vaccinated - have a cupcake.

Everyone that cannot, or has chosen to not get vaccinated - have a cupcake.

The only thing wrong here, is the them and us attitude. The division in society. That is what's wrong. Our government departments have decided to use this as a tool over the last six months or so to get to the top of the vaccine charts like the good little pixie heads we are in Europe, try not to let it cloud your thinking for too long. Focus on the good that has happened this year and let's push on with the great unwinding of restrictions and the return to normality for all.

We are all people at the end of the day, some are not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate and stood firm, more were not comfortable with the rush to vaccinate but were pressured into it for work/travel/social reasons, others are delighted to have the chance to get vaccinated. None of these people are wrong.
            Well said. You are 100% correct. People should stay in their own lane. Simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
              Tbh the message is very simple: if you don’t like lying in ICU with severe breathing difficulties, organ failure, months of rehabilitation if you make it,
              The same message has been given to smokers for decades. I wonder how many smokers are giving out about the unvacinated..... just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

PMSL. You put a post on a motoring forum yesterday , telling a complete stranger to prioritise getting a medical predcure. Seriously,
                That post and this one, says way more about you, than it does about me.
                You know, There are people who buy new petrol hybrids every year because its saving the planet.....
                I dont feel the urge to buy one of those, and pollution is killing far more people than Covid.
                So to is Alcohol as I mention above, Theres is an anti booze tablet available on prescription which inhibits the intake of alcohol by a person yet nobody is forced to take one.

I really hope you're a pioneering, cycling, vegan, other wise you're just another hypocrite.
                No just not a selfish person

Comment

You're trying to force your will on others, I'd rethink that opinion if I was you.

Comment

• I thought my mam had been missed by her GP when it came to the vaccination, but it turns out a local cabal of rabid catholic anti-vaxx nurses and GP's got to her first and convinced her that each vaccine had been made with the assistance of foetal tissue. Shes 75 and prone to respirator infections. Despite our best efforts to convince her this wasn't the case, and that the church have given it the ok, shes standing firm. So if shes dies from it, so be it. We've tried, and failed - but its her decision, so I'll leave her to it. I don't feel in any way responsible for her health decisions.

I personally wouldn't have bothered with the vaccine if it was purely for the sake of my health, or anyone elses - but I like dining indoors and travelling. Thats the case for most people I know too - which to be honest, is probably just as selfish a position as any.

Comment

Why do you think he is selfish?
                      Is it not the case that you can catch it and pass it on if you are either vaccinated or unvaccinated. The difference is the effect it will have on yourself if you get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

Why do you think he is selfish?
                        Is it not the case that you can catch it and pass it on if you are either vaccinated or unvaccinated. The difference is the effect it will have on yourself if you get it?
                        You're much less likely (seven times less likely) to catch it or pass it on when vaccinated. You are more than 40 times less likely to end up in hospital.

I think taking up hospital resources unnecessarily is a bit selfish. They've enough to be doing and it must be maddening to know that your ICU would be 50% less full if those people had been vaccinated.
                        Last edited by SJ; 01-10-2021, 12:03 PM.
                        "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• But if usage of hospital resources are our basis for determining a perception of selfishness, then surely now is the time to burn down all the chippers in name of protecting the HSE. And throw all the confiscated cigs on top of the raging flames.

Would someone ever have dared to have a go at an obese person on here for similar reasons?

It's not strong logic to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ View Post

You're much less likely (seven times less likely) to catch it or pass it on when vaccinated. Your more than 40 times less likely to end up in hospital.

I think taking up hospital resources unnecessarily is a bit selfish. They've enough to be doing and it must be maddening to know that your ICU would be 50% less full if those people had been vaccinated.
                            I figured the ICU element would come into any reply alright. But being brutal about it - ICU is not currently at capacity?
                            Is anyone who ends up in ICU then selfish irregardless of the reason they ended up there (e.g. if they fell off a mountain bike or crashed a car?)

I got vaccinated myself because I didn't want to play the lottery of it turning into long Covid or becoming an ICU case if I did catch it.

But I think it is completely inappropriate for anyone to try pressure anyone else into injecting something into their own body. I also think it is completely inappropriate to label anyone that asks the questions or thinks about things as an Anti-vaxxer.
                            In the current landscape the people that are anti-"anti-vaxers" are more hysterical and blinded than the picture they are trying to portray of anti vaxers.....if you get my point

Comment

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

I figured the ICU element would come into any reply alright. But being brutal about it - ICU is not currently at capacity?
                              Is anyone who ends up in ICU then selfish irregardless of the reason they ended up there (e.g. if they fell off a mountain bike or crashed a car?)

I got vaccinated myself because I didn't want to play the lottery of it turning into long Covid or becoming an ICU case if I did catch it.

But I think it is completely inappropriate for anyone to try pressure anyone else into injecting something into their own body. I also think it is completely inappropriate to label anyone that asks the questions or thinks about things as an Anti-vaxxer.
                              In the current landscape the people that are anti-"anti-vaxers" are more hysterical and blinded than the picture they are trying to portray of anti vaxers.....if you get my point

I cannot understand this. 50% of people in ICU would not be there if they had taken an injection. That's a lot of work and resources and taking it up because you can't be arsed to make time for a vaccination is selfish. I don't see how that's remotely arguable?

Sure, if you have an accident and need care, that's fine; but if you regularly drive without a seatbelt because you simply can't be bothered putting it on, and you have an accident, then your recklessness means that a lot of time and effort needs to be spent on your care, when you could have done a lot of people a favour if you had done the reasonable thing.

I don't get your point at all but I'm not sure I want to. Have you any idea how many people have died because some people won't take reasonable precautions?
                              Last edited by SJ; 01-10-2021, 12:13 PM.
                              "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ View Post

Have you any idea how many people have died because some people won't take reasonable precautions?
                                Before you think I'm having a go, I'm not.
                                evry ome is entitled to their opinion.

I have taken 99% of all precautions available to me, social distancing, cleaning hands, wearing masks etc like most people.
                                These are the most relevant precautions

Some of the reasons for people being in ICU is because of their lazy approach to good health, smoking drinking obesity etc has caused far more ICU admission due to covid than healthy unvacinated people like myself.

Interesting to see if anything been published about the amount of people who have died with covid who have been vaccinated?

Comment

Working...
                                X