Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - The New Hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by richardsheil View Post
    Renn,

    Get vaccine please.
    Oh i will, I just havent had time .

    Comment


    • Good stuff.

      You thanked all the people above. Maybe make it a priority.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by richardsheil View Post
        Good stuff.

        You thanked all the people above. Maybe make it a priority.
        Bit of a strange comment that one,

        What has thanking any one got to do with anything? And my priorities lie elsewhere at the moment.
        I will have to get the vaccine eventually for travel, not because I want to, for the very same reason I never had a Flu Jab.
        I rarely take any kind of medicine, not even parcetemol tablets. Lots of people do, and I'm sure it works for them etc but unless I really need to take a Drug , I just dont.
        I feel very pressured by society at the moment to get vaccinated and I would prefer not to, for the moment any way.

        Has every one in here been vaccinated?? Just curious.

        Comment


        • I think it should be made a criminal offence to be in a public place, public service vehicle, aircraft or vessel while not being vaccinated. Just the same potential effects as drunk or dangerous driving.
          I feel more uneasy going to the gym now as I hear more and more a/holes spouting on about not getting it because they hate being told what to do etc.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
            I think it should be made a criminal offence to be in a public place, public service vehicle, aircraft or vessel while not being vaccinated. Just the same potential effects as drunk or dangerous driving.
            I feel more uneasy going to the gym now as I hear more and more a/holes spouting on about not getting it because they hate being told what to do etc.
            Yet we dont ban Alcohol.
            Not the same thing though, asking any one, especially a sceptic like myself to take a drug that has been only in existence for a few months, and isnt really trailed as any normal drug would be is a little off putting.
            but, like I said, I Dont take any other types of drugs if I can help it.
            I dont take offence at any one doing otherwise, that's the great thing about free choice.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
              One thing that struck me yesterday as I went for my covid test at Citywest hotel.
              The people there, who are doing this work and putting themselves in harm's way, are absolute heroes. I was actually emotional and felt so proud of the people there.
              That's a bit rich coming from a person who does not want the vaccine and personally contributes to putting these people in harms way so that your own principals aren't offended! Makes me emotional too - like angry.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post

                That's a bit rich coming from a person who does not want the vaccine and personally contributes to putting these people in harms way so that your own principals aren't offended! Makes me emotional too - like angry.
                lighten up Ted, I dont have covid and I didnt put any one in harm's way.
                I'm sure the Ngardai are very well appreciated and people commend their work etc doesnt stop half the country getting balddered every weekend does it?

                Comment


                • Easy now lads no need to make.it personal.

                  Sorry alfa but making it a criminal offense is a wee bit ott now. Im vaccinated and id be very much pro vaccination but aside from those that arent or wont get vaccinated for personal reasons (i have no reason to believe renn is unvacvinated due to being a anti vax type) there are some that cannot be vaccinated.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                    Easy now lads no need to make.it personal.

                    Sorry alfa but making it a criminal offense is a wee bit ott now. Im vaccinated and id be very much pro vaccination but aside from those that arent or wont get vaccinated for personal reasons (i have no reason to believe renn is unvacvinated due to being a anti vax type) there are some that cannot be vaccinated.
                    Well I have been vaccinated in the past, MMR , Tetanus etc. As said above I havent prioritised the covid vaccine yet but i will eventually. I do feel a bit pressured to get it now though , which ads a little resistance too.

                    Comment


                    • Sorry I was just back from the gym annoyed by this guy on about he got covid so he was as good as vaccinated now and no need to get it. Its people like that that will prolong this misery for everybody even the vaccinated.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post

                        That's a bit rich coming from a person who does not want the vaccine and personally contributes to putting these people in harms way so that your own principals aren't offended! Makes me emotional too - like angry.
                        That is my point. Rennwagen you are full of nonsense and won't play your part because you are too busy. Rubbish. You are a sceptic based on nothing.

                        Comment


                        • If the intention is to motivate Rennwagen to get vaccinated, I’m not sure the last few messages will help.
                          I'm with the resistance

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            If the intention is to motivate Rennwagen to get vaccinated, I’m not sure the last few messages will help.
                            I expect the intention is to counter the opinion, yes we are all entitled to one but if you express yours expect it to be challenged.

                            I expect that in the very highly UNLIKELY event of Renn contracting Covid-19 and becoming seriously ill (by the selfless actions of people around him who have been vaccinated), he will also refuse hospital treatment, intubation and any drugs required to keep him alive.
                            But no, that will be ‘really needing’ to take a drug to keep him alive, rather than taking a preventative drug to protect himself, family, friends, workmates and the hospital staff who would end up caring for him.
                            Comparing this to paracetamol or tetanus is moot, this is a public health emergency not a personal heath one.
                            ‘I’ll take it eventually for travel not because I have to’... The selfless many protect the selfish few.



                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                              If the intention is to motivate Rennwagen to get vaccinated, I’m not sure the last few messages will help.
                              I tried nicey nicey. Didn't work

                              He is a selfish ignoramus.

                              Comment


                              • I'm not sure the majority on here would have been vacc'd if it was just for themselves , I certainly wouldn't as I'd have fancied my chances getting through it ok, allied to the fact that I was fairly sure I already had the antibodies, so I think the message might be to consider doing it for the greater good.
                                For anyone else sitting on the fence, waiting until they want/have to travel, I'm reminded of a quote from a Few Good Men,

                                I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X