This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
    Well as usual, Irelands laissez-faire approach to these type of things, ive been to several pubs, restaurants and crossed the Irish sea and the sum amount of people who have actually asked to see it is 1. I didnt actually have it on me at that point and he still let me into the restaurant. Whilst some are ranging and raving about civil liberties on social media, in the real world its barely being enforced.

Most seem to link vaccine passports to some kind of david icke new world order madness.
    Maybe because in a country where 90%+ of all adults are now fully vaccinated, its kind of pointless exercise at this point?

Comment

• And..... now back to the offices. Another weird inconsistency in Ireland of the €9 plate of fish and chips vaccine - you can ask for Covid certs and ID to allow someone have a pint/pizza/coffee. You can't do so to allow them back into offices. Which means that the little arrows and one person in a lift and every second desk with a big red ribbon over it stuff is here for the foreseeable. *

*edit - unless it isn't next week because, well something changes.
      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
            Believe it or not, there are people who don’t like police state machinations like vaccine passports in order to get a pint. Maybe we could even call them normal?
            +1 on this.

Comment

• Ill keep saying it, Health Passports are here to stay whether you like it or not. Covid or not. In what depth they get utilised is another story and will vary from country to country. I would agree normal day to day pints and access will return to normal as we were used to it. International travel though they will remain. Plagues are now costly and if countries can control sickness entering to some degree then they will. This digital age will make things easier from that aspect.

Just like liquid screening for security reasons following 9/11, once in security measures are hard to let go.

Comment

• Comment

• ROI/NI comparison update

Comment

• ROI hospital inpatient update

Comment

• hospital trend starting to follow recent case reduction trend

Comment

• The newest variants of the virus may be a cause for concern, particularly the Mu variant that may be more resistant to current vaccines.

Comment

• Seen as we appear to be making a lot of decisions based on what ze Germans are doing I thought I'd highlight a couple of things I spotted in the Fatherland's media:

In the last sitting of Parliament before a general election later this month a decision was made to amend the legislation dealing with the Pandemic. Some notable changes are that the yardstick for infection control and subsequent measures to contain the pandemic will be hospitalisations rather than incidence rates. Also, some workers (schools, playschools, care home settings) will be allowed to be asked by their employer if they are vaccinated and will be allowed to be hired or redeployed on that basis. I could imagine Ireland following suit on those two changes.

Their vaccination rate is stuck at 60% with ICU bed occupancy doubling in the past 2 weeks, and 90%-95% of those patients are not vaccinated. However they found that a significant chunk of the population are simply laggards: 10% won't get vaccinated, 5% of those were Covid deniers. But the remaining 30% are either worried, unsure, mistrustful or simply not too pushed. And I think reaching those people will be important there as it is here.
                          1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                          2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                          2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Good to know but I wonder if Germany is the benchmark anymore. Aren't we like dropping practically all restrictions including vaccine passports in October? 60% vs 90% is a big difference. It looks to me that most countries with a high number of vaccinated are planning to go back to normal in the next month or two.
                            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone else find it quite stark or surprising that we're actually 30% better than ze Germans at something requiring following rules, paper work and doing what your asked/told by authority.......
                                Not sure if I'm proud or concerned but leaning towards the former as its allowing business' like ours to function & thrive to a degree & I suspect its mutually beneficial on the basis of folks being allowed to live again.

As for the folks abstaining or declining vax, then heading out to enjoy the freedoms the rest of us have facilitated only to end up in hospital & ICU, drunks in A&E come to mind - back of the fcuking line!

Comment

Working...
                                X