X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy with my analysis too DMZ

Comment

• Glad you are all happy. I'm also happy with the current situation and I hope if cases start climbing that they get boosting not trying to go back. And hopefully NPHET is now history. If ever a quango needed to be eh, repurposed, its NPHET.
      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Last edited by Mark F; 02-09-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• This weeks LEA data

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
              I really doubt there is any compliance left in the populace for a reintroduction of restrictions either and I'd say they know that too.
              100% There definitely isn't.

A work colleague a number of weeks ago ended his own life. (Also happened in my previous job in a completely different industry. All be it. I was not working there then.)
              As part of an employee assistance program, the main contractor got a councilor to talk us.
              Something he said, really struck me.

He said he had been a councilor since 2008, but never had as many call outs for bereavement support for suicides since restrictions began.
              He said the supports, and outlets that people had to relieve stress, and depression, had all been taken away with restrictions. He also added that face to face meetings are considerably more beneficial, than phone and video. And that the latter mediums being the only option for many, compounded issues.

While the above is anecdotal evidence, I do believe the government has seen some mental health and financial figures, that are not conducive to further restrictions.

Comment

• Anyone have thoughts on why Israel yesterday (and this could be newspapers jumping on a one day anomaly) recorded the worst cases per 100k in the world? This is the country who should be ahead of the rest of us and is well ahead of most in terms of vaccinations. Ireland is the sick man of Europe, yet it is also the most vaccinated in Europe.

Is it vaccinations wearing off? Vaccination making us feel immune and not bothering to social distance anymore? Its a little concerning, although its great to see hospitalizations and deaths are still way down.

Comment

• Originally posted by jf_cole View Post
                  Anyone have thoughts on why Israel yesterday (and this could be newspapers jumping on a one day anomaly) recorded the worst cases per 100k in the world? This is the country who should be ahead of the rest of us and is well ahead of most in terms of vaccinations. Ireland is the sick man of Europe, yet it is also the most vaccinated in Europe.

Is it vaccinations wearing off? Vaccination making us feel immune and not bothering to social distance anymore? Its a little concerning, although its great to see hospitalizations and deaths are still way down.
                  I think it's because reporting on how many people have the virus is a dumb thing to do in a mostly vaccinated world. Vaccinated people still catch Covid... they just don't get as sick & don't end up in ICU from it.

In theory you can have a country with 100% of its people vaccinated whilst also having 100% of its people testing positive for Covid... but if none of them are sick enough to be in hospital or to die from it then who gives a :D:D:D:D.
                  Speed is just a question of money, how fast do you want to go

Comment

• Israel may have the global crown but we just took the European one.

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-40816307.html

I wonder if this is directly due to the length of our lockdowns and restrictions meaning when other countries were achieving some degree of “controlled spread” and therefore some sort of population immunity we were effectively virgin territory for this variant.

let’s hope the hospitalisations etc stay low.

Comment

• I had the same thoughts over the summer - EU countries which were previously a hotbed last winter and spring and which haven't vaccinated anywhere near the same level of the population as Ireland are still exhibiting manageable (low) case numbers, and have very small hospitalisation numbers. Which for me points to natural immunity building up in the surviving population. The flip side is when adjusted for population size you're looking at 3-4 times the total number of deaths from Covid than happened in Ireland for some of these countries.
                      There's no right or wrong - different approaches obviously result in different outcomes.

Let's hope the lack of serious illness continues in Ireland, and the combination of natural immunity and acquired immunity from vaccination allows people to continue with some level of normality and less stress in their lives.

Comment

• I don't even know if I should post this here or in the rant thread or even at all. Very sad situation in Florida and I'd imagine reflective of the southern red states in general.

It's an account of 12 hours in a covid ICU and not a pleasant read. I don't know how the staff do it to be honest.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...-covid-19-icu/

Comment

• If you belong to the privileged 10% or so of the world’s population who can get vaccinated and you’re not doing it and you end up in ICU… well… best of luck with that. I’m not sure I would be all that sympathetic.
                          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• I agree with that. I have a friend who lives in the US who isn't vaccinated. Nothing will convince him the tinfoil hat stuff is rubbish. He believes in chem trails and Whats App being infiltrated by the NSA and has a ton of guns and yes you guessed, was a Trump supporter. In a way Darwin is at work but I really really hope he doesn't get it.
                            sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I have sympathy for the staff that have to deal with the morons that are jamming the floors of these ICUs. Don't have sympathy for the clowns, feel sorry for them that they were victims of a political con for which they are paying a huge price but you make your bed etc etc.

Kids cases rocketing in FL also and idiot governor talking about withdrawing school funds if they enforce masks.

They might be top 10% in wealth but in terms of lack of cop on they seem to be in the top percentile as well.

Comment

• It's not just America where you find the conspiracy theorists. My in-laws in Kildare are a case in point. Tried sticking magnets to my wife after she got the jab and have attended protests all over the country.

They have protested outside Vaccine centres and were in Waterford to march in memory of the poor young man who passed away down there. Even though that poor young man's family were no connection to them and didn't want such a protest.

​​​​​​Using these deaths to further the agenda of Ben Gilroy and the likes. I can admit the vaccine may have played a role in the death, but let the family be.

One of them was even at a gathering of anti vaxxers/ maskers outside a school in Maynooth last week. If they dare do that outside the school I work in all ties are cut.

There seems to be a constant need to feel discriminated against and that they are victims.

Comment

Working...
                                X