Clear All

• NI Today

1776 new positive cases
    109 Hospital inpatients
    7 ICU patients

Comment

• Latest ROI county data

Comment

• 13 - 34 age groups continue the rapidly increasing trend, in last 3 weeks 83% of the increase in cases comes from these age groups

Last edited by Mark F; 19-07-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• I wonder how long the government will stick to only offering vaccines to people based on their age.

I'm sure if those from 16 and up could get vaccinated I'm sure they would.

Comment

• Todays hospital inpatient data

Old norm of increasing inpatients over weekends due to no discharges looks to be back again, but more importantly looking at the HSE data in the last 5 days the inpatient qty in Mayo hospital has increased to 16 from 3, it has been confirmed that there has been an outbreak in the hospital so the rise in hospital inpatients reported data to 101 is not a true reflection of actual new admissions currently

Last edited by Mark F; 19-07-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
              I wonder how long the government will stick to only offering vaccines to people based on their age.

I'm sure if those from 16 and up could get vaccinated I'm sure they would.
              Vaccination Registration portal accepting all 18's and over now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark F View Post

Vaccination Registration portal accepting all 18's and over now.
                That's good to hear,hopefully that will be a big help to reducing numbers.

Comment

• ROI Today

1071 new positive cases
                  101 Hospital inpatients
                  20 ICU patients

Last edited by Mark F; 19-07-2021, 06:05 PM. Reason: Incorrect case number originally published by Dept of Health

Comment

• Down in Clare and the beaches are packed with the good weather, youd hardly think there was a global pandemic going on.. heard some first hand stories of people in kerry and donegal and it makes you wonder if some people are taking it seriously or care.

The olympics looks like it could be in trouble already with several athletes testing positive in the village.

Comment

• ROI to NI comparison update from latest available data

Would be a little cautious on the newest daily admission numbers from NI, historically they seem to get added to for a few day post initial numbers being posted

Comment

• Don't normally post anything on Death stats but this is an interesting comparison of UK data of the Second wave (Aplha/kent variant and pre vaccine ) first 50 days vs Third wave (Delta variant & vaccines in play) first 50 days.

Comment

• Yeah the vaccines are doing an amazing job when it comes to reducing deaths. Which is nice to see. I wouldn't be surprised if it's below flu now. Doesn't the UK have about 20k flu deaths a year? If I'm reading that correctly, that's 2.1 deaths per 10m per 50 days which is basically statistically zero give or take?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            Yeah the vaccines are doing an amazing job when it comes to reducing deaths. Which is nice to see. I wouldn't be surprised if it's below flu now. Doesn't the UK have about 20k flu deaths a year? If I'm reading that correctly, that's 2.1 deaths per 10m per 50 days which is basically statistically zero give or take?
                            On the 50th day into wave 3, the 7 day average rate was 2.1 deaths per day per 10m pop

Comment

• Originally posted by natnif View Post
                              I have a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate some objective input.

I got my first shot (Pfizer) 21 days ago. I've been in bad shape since. i got the general stuff like sore arm, shivers and that but it has now settled into complete brain fog and exhausted all the time. I have been to the doc a few times and am waiting on test results to make sure it's not a massive coincidence and something else is going on but...it's not. The vaccine has unfortunately knocked me totally sideways for 3 weeks with no real end in sight.

That's the background, now for the complication. I'm still out of work which is far from ideal. We are due our second child in a little over 6 weeks, and I am due for my second dose of Pfizer/knockout juice on Friday. I#m now very reluctant to take that second shot as I can't afford another month like this. So what do I do? My job puts me in close contact with people every day (when I'm back to work that is). I'd prefer to be properly vaccinated but I can't be sure how much of an effect the second shot will have, and no one seems to be able to give anything beyond a best guess.

Opinions?
                              Hey Fintan, Thats a dose and a tricky one, my sympathies - maybe pm bloke to see how he got on after experiencing similar with pfizer No 1, hes been posting a bit more so hopefully thats a good sign.

Comment

• Pfizer 1 knocked me for a few days at the start and then after that just tiredness and fog, as you say. Definitely eased off just in time for Pfizer 2, which I had at the weekend (pretty much 28 days). Second jab kicked in, after just a few hours. That night and following day, in bits. Aches, some fever. I'd prepared for this so just did nothing all weekend. Today, feeling tired but seem to be over the the worst. Next few days will tell but so far not feeling the same level of tiredness and "fog" that I did on the first. I was warned to go mad on the water in this weather, they were seeing people getting pretty rough after the jab and seemed to be dehydration

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X