Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0BAE9339-5696-42B0-B709-DA6748B1B7E7.jpegThe problem with deaths as an indicator is that they lag so much that by the time those numbers spike all you know is that you did something wrong two months ago.

I think we should look at Northern Ireland tbh. Their hospitalisations are beginning to go up a bit. It’s certainly big increases in percentage but of course small numbers in absolute terms. I think NPHET would view it as worrying, though.

We’ll see if this screen grab comes out ok.

I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Registered early last week for my first vaccination, no text or email. Logged into my account today to see if there was anything and I'm down to get the pfizer jab tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Seamus Coffey has been monitoring RIP.is for some time. the pattern of excess deaths is apparent:

https://twitter.com/seamuscoffey/sta...451053572?s=21

Couple of other things - I don’t think it’s correct to say that people in their 20s are routinely being vaccinated. if they can access a small number of vaccines from monday they might help interrupt transmission starting from a month or so but not a game changer.

Big good news - a million extra vaccines for the next month, also went uncommented- that’s really significant in terms of the ability to ramp up further.

in terms of younger people and AZ/J&J - i’ve advised my siblings to wait if they can. one will and one won’t I suspect.
        The harm/benefit I think is slightly negative under 30 but if some younger people want to take a small risk for their own reasons and to also protect some vulnerable people that’s fine by me.

"All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• Maybe you can let NPHET know about the big vaccination shipments? They seem to be a bit unsure about how that stuff works.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
            Maybe you can let NPHET know about the big vaccination shipments? They seem to be a bit unsure about how that stuff works.
            Ming likes to point out when I make snide comments on this thread.
            "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• Comment

• 1.75million on two dose's is awesome in all fairness. 3rd of the Population roughly?

Comment

• I’m one of that 18-35 year old cohort for which access to j&j at a pharmacy opens up today. I’m on the fence about whether to just get the single shot, 66% effective jab ASAP vs holding out indefinitely til Pfizer or Moderna become available.

I’ve no short term travel plans and not really mixing with others a whole lot so there’s no huge rush, but I am an impatient man and I’d rather not be at risk of catching the virus.

Are there any other 18-35 year olds opting for j&j registration this week?

Comment

• Wife hasn't been able to travel any distance for a jab at the vaccination centres, so was waiting on the pharmacies. She got a call last week offering either J&J (OK) or Pfizer (yes please) as Pfizer vaccs were beginning to be distributed this week. Fingers crossed, it goes to plan this week

Comment

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
                      I’m one of that 18-35 year old cohort for which access to j&j at a pharmacy opens up today. I’m on the fence about whether to just get the single shot, 66% effective jab ASAP vs holding out indefinitely til Pfizer or Moderna become available.

I’ve no short term travel plans and not really mixing with others a whole lot so there’s no huge rush, but I am an impatient man and I’d rather not be at risk of catching the virus.

Girl (mid 20s) at work decided to cancel her first Pfizer jab at doctors for the J&J. She wants the one jab to be protected straight off the bat and not be waiting for the second to get the full protection.

I got my first Pfizer on Friday and 17k km away my brother got his on the same day, just my youngest brother left and we'll all be vaccinated. So far i haven't noticed being monitored by "the man".

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

I’m one of that 18-35 year old cohort for which access to j&j at a pharmacy opens up today. I’m on the fence about whether to just get the single shot, 66% effective jab ASAP vs holding out indefinitely til Pfizer or Moderna become available.

Called around a few pharmacies in Ballina and Tubbercurry, all have waiting lists that exceed their current supply with no idea of when they’ll be getting more, so not taking more registrations.

Guess I’ll just wait for registration to open through the portal and get the Pfizer one when it becomes available.

Bit miffed to find waiting for registration to formally open was already too late, but at least vaccine uptake is good.

Comment

I’m on the fence about whether to just get the single shot, 66% effective jab ASAP vs holding out indefinitely til Pfizer or Moderna become available.
                              Earlier in the thread someone (Alfaguy I think?) posted a link to a very informative clip that explained why you shouldn't use the efficacy percentages that everyone is throwing around to compare one vaccine against another - basically unless both vaccines were tested on the same population at the same time it's useless to use these numbers to gauge one against another, it's not a valid comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunk View Post

I mean, is anyone else out there disquieted by this? A couple of pages ago I listed our actual death stats, and theres no comment. But in a week where someone just got a 1m euro payout for a bad vaccine taken in a panic about swine flu, is there anyone willing to take a sanity check here?
                                Is there a possibility that the number of deaths that could have happened but didn't because of lockdown, have been offset by COVID deaths? It would give the impression then that the numbers are on par with previous years, but they might / should have been a lot lower considering our circumstances.

Just a thought.

Automotive Photographer
                                http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X