This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fez View Post

this is how I feel currently, it's getting to the point where the conspiracy theories seem more realistic than the truth. I just feel like we're flooded with so much information on cases, hospitalisations, deaths and variants that it does nothing but make us fearful or cynical. It's nearly as if the delta variant isn't scaring people anymore, we need delta plus. I won't surprise me if they do a new coke on it and bring back original coronavirus in a few months.

and now I seem crazy, but really I'm just fed up.
    Turn off the radio, stop reading the news for a while.

get out and enjoy the sun when it shines.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post

Turn off the radio, stop reading the news for a while.

get out and enjoy the sun when it shines.
      This 100x!

I genuinely noticed mental uplift when I concisely avoided reading news for few weeks in the morning before work. If something really important happens you will hear about it anyway.

Comment

• Yeah, trying to avoid it as much as possible

Comment

• FDA add warnings about heart inflammation to both the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...derna-vaccines

Comment

• I’m on the dubious side of dubious when it comes to vaccinating young people. I don’t think we need to rush into it anyhow.

Comment

• Went for a spin on the S1000 to Killarney the other day and its back to its usual vibrant summer self again - it would cheer you up just being there but at the same time throngs of young and presumably unvaccinated people eating and drinking outdoors makes me wary of doing anything other than passing trough with my helmet on. Well I went out there just to check on the progress of my cervelo road bike which is in for repairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by el_marko View Post
                FDA add warnings about heart inflammation to both the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...derna-vaccines

What I have difficulty with is the transparency in all of this. Why can't full advice be given to people when receiving a vaccine such as those administered against SARS-COV-2?

If they're not interested or incapable of understanding it then nothing much changes in reality, vaccinations continue being jabbed into people's arms.

I've tuned out of a lot of the covid news, but it was just over a month ago I first heard murmurs in the media about inflammations of heart tissue post-vaccination with the mRNA vaccines. AZ was linked to something similar I believe? As is actually falling ill with covid - it's one of the complications some people experience.

We were vaccinated in March with a viral vector vaccine (so not mRNA) and were told the same thing prior to receiving both jabs.
                For a period of 3 days - No;
                • hot baths/showers/saunas/jacuzzis etc
                • alcohol consumption
                • exercise
                • manual labour/physical exertion/strenuous activities

Most others we know who also had the jabs were puzzled by it or found it curiously amusing, but I was the only person to question the doctor who did the pre-vaccination exam before you went for the shot. She simply explained to me that a small number of patients experience inflammation of heart tissues as a side-effect, and avoiding strenuous activity etc etc for 3 days helped avoid any further complications if somebody did have this side effect.

If the Russian lab who developed the vaccine and the Asian doctors who were doing the medical examinations knew to advise people of this then why the hell did they not follow similar guidelines in the West? Instead we've people with complications, and committees being established to review patient data and advise on same, and further fuel for anti-vaxxers etc which reads more conspiratorially than if it had been disclosed when the vaccines were announced.

We had the knowledge and wisdom before-hand, but we chose to ignore it?

Comment

• I was up in N-Irn this morning and stopped for a Lavazza coffee at the Applegreen Lisburn on the M1 into Belfast and several people sitting inside at tables having meetings. On way back I made a bootlegging trip for cheap vino into Tesco bainbridge and several tables inside in the coffee shop with folks have coffee, buns and the chats.

Was weird that I did a double take both times as it seems so alien but on the other hand it was great so see some normality.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
                    We were vaccinated in March with a viral vector vaccine (so not mRNA) and were told the same thing prior to receiving both jabs.
                    She simply explained to me that a small number of patients experience inflammation of heart tissues as a side-effect, and avoiding strenuous activity etc etc for 3 days helped avoid any further complications if somebody did have this side effect.

If the Russian lab who developed the vaccine and the Asian doctors who were doing the medical examinations knew to advise people of this then why the hell did they not follow similar guidelines in the West?
                    That's pretty crazy that this was known so early. It's obviously been known some time, but only making its way into public knowledge now.

I personally though, think the labeling of people with genuine concerns about the long term safety (or even short term) of these very much rushed to market vaccines, simply as Anti-Vaxxers is falling into the category of highly blinkered thinking. Not saying that you are doing so personally, btw, just a general comment - I feel we have entered an era where one is either 'this' or 'that' and nothing in-between. An almost Republican vs Democrat like thinking has more or less infiltrated the world in a way - trying to shout down valid points of discussion with an overarching label of sorts.

For example, if one is not giving your kids the standard, established vaccines, I personally think they fall into a bit of a 'nutcase' category, as their long term safety is established.

However with the Covid vaccines, the fact these are insanely rushed, with a hell of a lot of money to be made for large, powerful and politically influential corporations, would leave you wondering. Obviously there's a risk reward factor in there. I was certainly glad when my 80 year old folks got it.

There was a great Rogan podcast recently with Krystal ball and Saagar Enjeti, who were explaining how (all, I think) major news networks in the states, have Pharma members sitting on their board, given that they are absolutely massive media advertisers in the US. So without going all tinfoil hat, you start to see how there are serious conflicts of interest in the media narrative, and for politicians not towing the line as they have the power to really damage them.

That coupled with the pretty crazy claims about the US funding gain of function research in Wuhan (again, all second hand info from that podcast mentioned above), you'd really have to wonder what is truly going on behind the scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by el_marko View Post

That's pretty crazy that this was known so early. It's obviously been known some time, but only making its way into public knowledge now.
                      I find it disappointing more than crazy. It's medical knowledge which has been established on many virus types and their vaccines for many, many years (incl. adenoviruses and coronaviruses). We were told the vaccines were developed quickly because of existing knowledge, research, and techniques - but this well known piece of information is suddenly "new" and results in a new media cycle and new investigative panels and reviews? Pull the other one.....

Local vaccination began on 1st Feb 2021, and below is a link to a news piece from Feb 1st carrying comments from the head of public health for the capital city;
                      https://www.coronavirus2020.kz/ru/mo...kogol_a3747821

“Of course, when taking a vaccine there can be different side effects, expected side effects. It all depends on the individual.....[snip]

[/snip]The vaccine must be used with caution in chronic liver and kidney diseases; severe dysfunctions of the endocrine system (diabetes mellitus); severe diseases of the hematopoietic system; epilepsy, strokes and other diseases of the central nervous system; diseases of the cardiovascular system (a history of myocardial infarction, myocarditis, endocarditis, pericarditis, ischemic heart disease); primary and secondary immunodeficiencies; autoimmune diseases; lung diseases, asthma and COPD; in patients with diabetes and metabolic syndrome, with allergic reactions, atopy, eczema; malignant neoplasms, including malignant blood diseases”
                      As I said it was the doctor doing the medical pre-check exam explained the 72hr period and links to myocarditis/pericarditis to me after I asked in March.

Originally posted by el_marko View Post
                      Not saying that you are doing so personally, btw, just a general comment -
                      No, I'm not - at all. Apologies if it might have come across that way to some. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments as posted above.

​​​​​
                      Last edited by deltona; 26-06-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• New data from the UK indicating that the vaccines are slightly more effective at preventing hospitalisations with the Delta variant when compared to the Alpha variant after both one and two doses, 80% effective after one dose and 96% after two. however you are more likely to be symptomatic with Delta if vaccinated.

Full report here:
                        https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_17.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post

I find it disappointing more than crazy. It's medical knowledge which has been established on many virus types and their vaccines for many, many years (incl. adenoviruses and coronaviruses).
                          While I knew of this previously I was somewhat surprised that there was no indication of any risks or being told what not to do for the 72 hours post vaccination at all when i had my first vaccination during the week. With myocarditis , most people would probably never know they had it and it will sort itself out it in most cases, where it can become a areal life changing issue is when you exercise heavily when you have it.

Comment

• ROI Today

443 new positive cases
                            43 Hospital inpatients
                            13 ICU patients

Comment

• County data a bit patchy this week but here is what was published

Comment

• Just back from First Jab very smooth operation in Limerick in and out in 20 mins!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X