This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
    I have a small printed card in front of me with the HSE logo and hand writing that outlines my name, the vaccine batch number, the date administered and the appointment for Dose #2. The cynic in me thinks this is faked easier than a Garda ID was back in the day. I did have to give my PPS to the GP so I wonder will the state eventually issue some sort of proof but TBH right now I can't really see how some angry border guard might view this card as proof of vaccination.
    I asked earlier in the thread if this is the vaccine cert and I guess it is. I will ask on the second vaccination if there is something a bit more official but worst case, use that piece of paper and tell the border person to call the GP if they want to check. Or ask the GP to write an official looking letter/cert or some such?

Germany has an entry portal for this stuff as I'm sure you know and I understand they're updating it to allow the vaccine cert to be posted so not sure there will even be a conversation. Go straight to quarantine perhaps...
    I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post

Germany has an entry portal for this stuff as I'm sure you know and I understand they're updating it to allow the vaccine cert to be posted so not sure there will even be a conversation. Go straight to quarantine perhaps...
      This is what we're facing into -- flight connection in one EU country, final destination airport in another EU state, and then a pre-booked and confirmed taxi hop across the border into a third EU country. Pre-travel PCR test obviously mandatory, accompanied by registered transit docs for the country where the final leg of the flight lands, and then pre-registration on a govt. portal of the third country before we cross into it, followed by 14 days of self-isolation there, with a subsequent PCR test 8-10 days after self-isolating. On a practical level a negative test will only shave maybe 3-4 days at most off the isolation period.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
        Well, beggars can be choosers now can't they?

Wished I'd paid more attention in class now . - If I get a call and they ask me what I'd prefer, what do I say - bloke mid 40's. - Stick me with whatcha got?

I'm fine with whatever really but if there's a doc standing over you with vial A and vial B, what's the scoop?
        I don't think you'll get the choice by brand, if they don't have an mRNA type vaccine available (Pfizer/Moderna) at time of vaccination you will be asked if you will accept a Viral Vector type one instead

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
          This is what we're facing into -- flight connection in one EU country, final destination airport in another EU state, and then a pre-booked and confirmed taxi hop across the border into a third EU country. Pre-travel PCR test obviously mandatory, accompanied by registered transit docs for the country where the final leg of the flight lands, and then pre-registration on a govt. portal of the third country before we cross into it, followed by 14 days of self-isolation there, with a subsequent PCR test 8-10 days after self-isolating. On a practical level a negative test will only shave maybe 3-4 days at most off the isolation period.
          My head hurts reading that. I think the gist is that they don't want people to travel, lol.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
            My head hurts reading that. I think the gist is that they don't want people to travel, lol.
            My head hurts arranging it all and filling in forms and online portals....

Comment

• One and done for me bloke if I get the call so j&j if possible.
              We should probably base it on who has the biggest war chest if it all goes Pete tong....

Comment

• I got the first Pfizer jab last Sunday. Glad to get that one. Really wanted to avoid the AZ or the J&J one.

Comment

• I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer on Saturday. Because of the Indian variant, its a booster variant called the Punjab.
                  sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by cibo View Post
                    Is your son's a first-time passport? Renewals via the passport app have been super quick, and you can renew kids passports too with it....?
                    Was onto the passport dept there. May aswell have talked to the wall. Cos I cant locate the an post track number they cant tell me if they have received the documentation or not. They have a huge backlog to get through

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer on Saturday. Because of the Indian variant, its a booster variant called the Punjab.
                      Funny of plenty of levels, nearly spat the the coffee up, brillant.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                        Was onto the passport dept there. May aswell have talked to the wall. Cos I cant locate the an post track number they cant tell me if they have received the documentation or not. They have a huge backlog to get through
                        Apply again online, if that is feasible for you to do it.

I applied for a replacement before everything went to crap and got the full passport the next day and a handy passport card 4 days later.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

• In no panic as we cancelled our trip to spain. Im applying for my citizenship, decided its about time and brexit made me decide to do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            ... its a booster variant called the Punjab.
                            (groan...) oh the pain. I can't stand it.
                            ________
                            Wheelnut

Comment

• Lads I know I'm a bit thick but I can't seem to register for my vaccine.
                              HSE still smarting from those Russian brats?
                              2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                              2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
                              2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                              2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                              1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                              1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post
                                Lads I know I'm a bit thick but I can't seem to register for my vaccine.
                                HSE still smarting from those Russian brats?
                                THe HSE just tweeted an hour ago that there were problems registering so it's probably nothing you are doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X