This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by conneem View Post
    Somewhat off topic (but in line with the last few posts).

Ransomware attacks on private enterprises is one thing (still bad) but shouldn't one on a national health service be approaching classification as an attack on national security (I don't want to say terrorism as probably not politically motivated).

If you knew the situation with the IT systems of orgs such as the HSE you'd probably quickly reach the opinion that they were simply asking for it and were negligent about security and access. And I'm not being flippant or typing that as a throw-away comment. I'm quite serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
      If you knew the situation with the IT systems of orgs such as the HSE you'd probably quickly reach the opinion that they were simply asking for it and were negligent about security and access. And I'm not being flippant or typing that as a throw-away comment. I'm quite serious.
      No, I can well believe it. Similar situation in the US with a lot of archaic infrastructure systems as well I imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post
        I am my own Ltd company, If I write my own travel letter and the Guard rings the number on it, well he/she will be talking to me stood beside them. So to bolster it I previously spoke to my client at that time and requested an extra covering note.

It is embarrassing, as If you get a jobsworth they could cause a right irritation....
        Last edited by foyler; 14-05-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• NI today:

96 new positive cases
          39 Hospital inpatients
          3 ICU patients

Comment

• How on earth did they get a passport so quickly? I submitted my sons application just before they decided to stop processing them back in feb. Not a whisper bout it since..

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                How on earth did they get a passport so quickly? I submitted my sons application just before they decided to stop processing them back in feb. Not a whisper bout it since..
                Is your son's a first-time passport? Renewals via the passport app have been super quick, and you can renew kids passports too with it....?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                  How on earth did they get a passport so quickly? I submitted my sons application just before they decided to stop processing them back in feb. Not a whisper bout it since..
                  I did mine online couple weeks back, just ploughed on past all the warnings about them not processing, expecting to be waiting months. New passport arrived a few days later! Maybe reach out on their web chat?

Comment

• No it was a renewal and online. Ill get onto them next week about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cibo View Post
                      Is your son's a first-time passport? Renewals via the passport app have been super quick, and you can renew kids passports too with it....?

Just FYI

I applied online on Monday this week and it landed on Wednesday just have to wait to use the dam thing now!

Comment

• With the blackout on data due to the HSE IT attack & subsequent shutdown this is the last info published i have until they start publishing again, hopefully at some stage next week.

The downward progress of the 55+ age groups is great to see.

Comment

• Cheers Mark, I’d say like lots of us it may be a welcome break.

Comment

• Vaccinations -Understanding efficacy rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                              Vaccinations -Understanding efficacy rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A
                              That’s excellent, thanks for sharing

Comment

• Mark can you just post some random graphs in the mean time too keep us going ?
                                Don't bother with Eco, it's not very nice, leave it in normal & drive it like you just stole it.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X