This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Velux View Post
    Stephen Donnelly there live on TV3 saying that will be all flying around Europe,and even to America by middle of July unhindered,once you are vaccinated and have your digital green pass.

So 1 minute it's the "stay at home the virus is here".
    And now suddenly its "yippee lets all go off on our holidays to wherever we like".

You would swear that the Corona Virus had just up and disappeared with the way this Donnelly fella and all the other ministers just flip flop around the place...lol.

And that EU aul wan Ursla Underline is the same too.
    Clowns the lot of them.
    Probably makes no difference as we’ll not get our vaccines by then. Only over 85s will be able to fly

Comment

• NI today:

99 new positive cases
      72 Hospital inpatients
      7 ICU patients

Comment

• ROI testing update

435 positive swabs, 2.24% positivity on 19,406 tests

3 day is 2.5% (Down 0.2%)
        5 day is 2.7% (Down 0.1%)
        7 day is 2.7% (No Change)

Comment

• ROI today:

418 new positive cases
          137 Hospital inpatients
          37 ICU patients

Comment

• Looks like we're stuck in a 120-150 cases per 100k per 14 days window.
            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Notification received of appointment for first dose of astra zenica for Saturday so light at the end of the tunnel at last.

Comment

• Good news

Comment

• So Dr Ronan Glynn had refused an interview with Highland Radio earlier in the week regarding his and CMO comments on Donegal but it appears to be happening today at 11am He has tried to soften us up last night before Greg Hughes gets at him

Comment

• Are there any local views as to why you guys are consistently at the top of the charts?
                    I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by Gav46 View Post
                      So Dr Ronan Glynn had refused an interview with Highland Radio earlier in the week regarding his and CMO comments on Donegal but it appears to be happening today at 11am He has tried to soften us up last night before Greg Hughes gets at him
                      I'd refuse an interview with Highland Radio, because it's Highland Radio.

My wifes work is setting some unrealistically quick back to the office plans. It's the sort of decision making you get when you run an Irish subsiduary from the UK. It never ceases to amaze me the mental block British people have about Ireland NOT BEING IN THE UK. It's such a stereotype, but it's depressing how often its lived up to in Business, where supposedly rational, data driven decisions are made.
                      https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• It could be worse. We're suggesting strongly to our Indian colleagues that they should be back in the office. I mean only a handful have died of Covid-19 in the last month, why are they complaining?
                        I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Purely selfish question here, I want to go on holidays as I'm sure a lot do.

What do you all think the chances of international travel being open by November? I would like to travel to the USA the end of November.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            Are there any local views as to why you guys are consistently at the top of the charts?
                            I'm not local but would add that Donegal is a complex county in terms of travel and movement. It's defacto part of NI if you think of how people travel in/out of the county to elsewhere in ROI excluding the road to Sligo, there is constant movement in and out of Derry (which has had one of the highest Covid rates in NI) who's hinterland is north Donegal. You have a lot of folks there that travel to/from the UK for work, usually tradespeople and a long standing historical connection to Glasgow and Scotland, again with plenty of associated movement and travel. Add to that people in NI who have holiday homes or relatives in Donegal.

I would imagine there was some dividend with NI's vaccine rollout and people registered with HSC/NHS GPs in the north but that the underlying driver of numbers at this point is partying if the Garda Tout Line is any indicator.
                            1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                            2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                            2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Neilo View Post
                              What do you all think the chances of international travel being open by November? I would like to travel to the USA the end of November.
                              I'm going to take a punt at this and suggest that as early as next month international travel will start becoming quite commonplace again assuming someone is vaccinated/had covid and has negative tests. The EU is starting to make noise about it and I think Ireland won't be able to remain an outlier. The French, Italian and Belgian communities living here are putting enough pressure on their Ambassadors to publicly and consistently question the Irish approach and that will eventually lead to the removal of EU countries from the MHQ list, opening up inter-EU travel again.

US/non-EU might be more complex but not impossible by end summer. November is complex as if Covid is not eradicated by then it might return to the pattern we saw over the past winter, and travel then hinges on whether or not the virus is seen as an acceptable risk by then.

I have my second vaccine dose on June 1st (underlying risk factor rather than age was the determinant) and I'm eying a quick trip to Germany subsequently to see family I have not seen since November '19.
                              Last edited by Flet; 06-05-2021, 09:45 AM.
                              1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                              2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                              2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                                It could be worse. We're suggesting strongly to our Indian colleagues that they should be back in the office. I mean only a handful have died of Covid-19 in the last month, why are they complaining?
                                https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Working...
                                X