Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV series, documentaries

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Solar Opposites is the funniest thing I have seen in years.

    Resident Alien is fun. Some really good one-liners.

    What we do in the shadows. Vampires in modern house share.
    Last edited by Jeremy Taxman; 19-03-2021, 10:59 AM.

    Comment


    • For everyone except Rennwagen, I've just been on a history binge on Netflix.

      The Romans, Constantinople, the Samurai, even the Pirates in the Caribbean. All really top class entertainment, with a really good balance of historically evidenced stories with an appropriate amount of dramatised acting and dialogue....but ultimately, because it's history, it involves endless murder, treachery, ridin', pilligin', etc.

      Rennwagen, have you watched comedian Bill Burr on Netflix?? Love Larry David too. When I'm older, I'm going to be exactly like Larry David.
      Last edited by stooge166; 19-03-2021, 12:05 PM.

      Comment


      • Just got a notification that F1 Drive to Survive season 3 is back on netflix.
        First two were excellent, hopefully this one is as good.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stooge166 View Post
          For everyone except Rennwagen, I've just been on a history binge on Netflix.

          The Romans, Constantinople, the Samurai, even the Pirates in the Caribbean. All really top class entertainment, with a really good balance of historically evidenced stories with an appropriate amount of dramatised acting and dialogue....but ultimately, because it's history, it involves endless murder, treachery, ridin', pilligin', etc.

          Rennwagen, have you watched comedian Bill Burr on Netflix?? Love Larry David too. When I'm older, I'm going to be exactly like Larry David.
          Love the history programmes aswell so I'm sorted for a while now, Probably enough there until Christmas

          Comment


          •  

            Comment


            • The 'Need for Weed' episode in the series Bad Sport on Netflix is a very good one. It's about the 1984 IMSA champion, Randy Lanier, and how he funded his racing career.
              Automotive Photographer
              http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

              Comment


              • I watched the docudrama series about the Salisbury poisonings - incidentally called The Salisbury Poisonings - last week. It's quite good.

                The short Netflix series called Dig Deeper about the disappearance of Birgit Meier is an incredible watch. I had seen a German docu about the case before and the Netflix one seemed to have drawn from it but it's still an incredible watch. The only fault I'd level at the docu is that it slightly neglects to highlight the nationwide impact of the Göhrde Murders that took place in the same area and were in all likelihood committed by the same person.

                While it is only right to make this docu about Birgit Meier and have her case and her person as a victim front and centre as this often gets forgotten about in documentaries about female victims of serial killers I did think that this feature made by people outside of Germany neglected ever so lightly to highlight exactly how impactful the other murders were. I remember it distinctly being in the news and I was only 8 or 9 at the time. The docu does allude to them overshadowing the investigation of Birgit Meier which is accurate and fair but doesn't really explain very well why. The incidents would have had a place in the national collective memory similar to (say) the murder of Veronica Guerin or the Omagh Bombing.

                Here's two summaries of the Göhrde Murders (they'll need to be translated to English): https://www.abendblatt.de/region/art...e-Moerder.html and https://wendland-net.de/post/dem-pha...erder-zu-37210
                1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring


                Comment


                • Another to watch is Dopesick, which depicts the introduction of Oxycontin to the US and the beginning of the opioid crisis. Stellar cast, and a harrowing portrayal of the effects of Oxy on ordinary people (wrongly) prescribed the drug.
                  Automotive Photographer
                  http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

                  Comment


                  • Agreed on that, watching Dopesick at the moment.

                    Also worth a watch is Dr Death, great cast and well presented on screen. May be familiar to those who listened to the podcast a few years ago which covered the story.

                    For those who like TV drama Yellowstone is very good. 4 seasons of drama based in Montana based around cattle ranching, politics, power struggles etc
                    1883 has just launched - only 2 episodes released so far, but both have been very good. Fictional story based on the last push during the 1880s into the wild west.

                    Comment


                    • A great documentary focusing on the conception, design and building of the Titanic rather than its demise.
                       

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PaddyMcGrath View Post
                        Another to watch is Dopesick, which depicts the introduction of Oxycontin to the US and the beginning of the opioid crisis. Stellar cast, and a harrowing portrayal of the effects of Oxy on ordinary people (wrongly) prescribed the drug.
                        I’ve a brother who died with a needle in his arm a few year’s back in McDonald’s toilets Daunt square Cork so I’m in the loop ref drugs but can honestly say that I think there’s no answer to this scourge making cannabis legal or not etc, apathy atm ref this problem

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Corks finest View Post
                          I’ve a brother who died with a needle in his arm a few year’s back in McDonald’s toilets Daunt square Cork so I’m in the loop ref drugs but can honestly say that I think there’s no answer to this scourge making cannabis legal or not etc, apathy atm ref this problem
                          Sorry to read that . Drug addiction is a totally misunderstood and under resourced epidemic.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

                            Sorry to read that . Drug addiction is a totally misunderstood and under resourced epidemic.
                            Agree 100 pc

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

                              Sorry to read that . Drug addiction is a totally misunderstood and under resourced epidemic.
                              Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jeremy Taxman View Post
                                Solar Opposites is the funniest thing I have seen in years.

                                Resident Alien is fun. Some really good one-liners.

                                What we do in the shadows. Vampires in modern house share.
                                Resident alien 👽 💪💪

                                Comment

                                Bottom of thread

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X