No announcement yet.

One wheel electric personal transport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One wheel electric personal transport.

These things should be banned. One of the Goonzquad boys had a bad fall off one - go to 15:30 to hear what happened in the video.

Comment

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Gyrowheel thingies, which are probably not too bad, but still seem to be faceplants waiting to happen compared to even electric kick scooters, but maybe I'm wrong.

Those one wheel not a skateboard thingies target market seems to be people who looked at a unicycle and thought "this doesn't make look like enough of a twat"
      https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
        For a moment there I thought you were talking about Gyrowheel thingies, which are probably not too bad, but still seem to be faceplants waiting to happen compared to even electric kick scooters, but maybe I'm wrong.

Those one wheel not a skateboard thingies target market seems to be people who looked at a unicycle and thought "this doesn't make look like enough of a twat"
        Last week I seen a fellow on one of these Big Wheels flying along on the road with a baby on his back. FFS!
        We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

I see a guy on the back roads between peamount and hazel hatch early most mornings on one of those gyro wheel yokes. It's like a UFO it has that many lights and strobes on it no idea where or how far he's travelling on it.

Comment

The son has one of these, when he was working he used it to commute to work, a round trip of about 8km. most of it was on a dedicated cycle path, (Clontarf prom). No issues with battery, just odd looks and bewilderment. This was before the era of electric scooters, so a real novelty. The grandson has it now and has on occasion used it to get to school, but on the path. Great in a straight line but difficult on the sharp turns

For some reason Alfaguys video is not included, but its the one he linked
            Last edited by Cappo; 22-06-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

those one-wheels skate board style ones are class, I saw one scooting along a bus lane one day and totally committed to buying one in my head on the long drive home from Dublin to Galway. I was totally heart broken when I finally googled the price of 2K +
              A friend of mine got one since and absolutely loves its. I have had a quick spin and they are very easy to use. He used to commute 10K on it, but got pulled over by the guards one morning and got a right tearing down . This wasjsut before the new e scoot laws came in tho, not sure where it stands now.

Comment

Technically the new scooter regulations are STILL not in law, for goodness sake. I was being tongue in cheek in my earlier comments. I probably wouldn't get on one, but neither do I think we should be stopping adults or older minors using them.

The big gyrowheel yokes always make me giggle a bit, especially if lads have all the lights.. kinda makes them look like a crappy version of that gobot that could turn into a motorcycle, which in turn was a weird half knock-off, half spin-off (it's complicated) of Transformers.

Comment

I remember the old 2-stroke ones..,

8CjWYwQl.jpg

Comment

Similarly..

There was even a madlad who did that skateboard thing but bigger in the 1930s
                    Ride the Machine: Charles F. Taylor's One-Wheel vehicles. (thenewcaferacersociety.blogspot.com)

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X