Clear All

• Allspace
    replied
    Nice rides lads, they look sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Desmo
    replied
    Two lovely bits of kit.

Would've thought you'd have been better off with round bars, Baldrick - so that you could use clip on TT bars for the tri's.

Leave a comment:

• bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post
    Nice
    Did I read 6.3kg over on boards?
    Yeah. It was actually available from Canyon in 2 build options, one of which was a sort of (silly) lightweight showcase 4.96kg!

Leave a comment:

• Gn3dr
    replied
    Originally posted by bloke View Post

Here's me new ride. Ultimate Evo. From a time when men were men, sheep were scared, race bikes were light and brake blocks gripped wheel rims.
    Nice
    Did I read 6.3kg over on boards?

Leave a comment:

• davemx-5
    replied
    Congrats bloke and baldrick.

Leave a comment:

• bloke
    replied

Here's me new ride. Ultimate Evo. From a time when men were men, sheep were scared, race bikes were light and brake blocks gripped wheel rims.

Leave a comment:

• slipsliderg
    replied
    Nice Bike Baldrick, many happy Km's to you.

Leave a comment:

• baldrick
    replied
    New Trek Emonda with upgraded bars as Ive started triathlon training and didn't want to buy a full on Tri bike.
    Last edited by baldrick; 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Allspace
    replied
    You had a piece tucked into the top of your jeans again didn't you bloke?
    Great bit of kit, well wear.

Leave a comment:

• bloke
    replied

Picked up this beauty of a cx bike for an absolute song yesterday. I was really happy with the bike when I saw it and then yer man just starts with the "These are no use to me any more, if you want to take them away" and starts handing me tyres and tubes and mudguards. I got like 4 sets of both brand new and barely used cx tyres and tubes - about 450 quid worth of rubber!

Twill do for the trundle to school, which is all I wanted a bike for, but I'll surely have some winter adventures on it too.

Leave a comment:

• colm89
    replied
    Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

Is that frame very laid back in the seat tube angle or something? Saddle looks very far forward - or is that compensating for reach with the long stem?
    Nope, 72.5 degree seat angle, which is the same as most race focused bikes (giant tcr for example). I’ve just always ridden with the saddle fairly far forward based on a few bike fits over the years so my hip angle stays pretty open.

Leave a comment:

• Gn3dr
    replied
    Originally posted by colm89 View Post
    Carbon wheels needed new tyres but it seemed too close to winter to do that, and the weather has just been shite here, so I ordered new tyres for my freshly rebuilt hope winter wheels and threw them back on yesterday. Don’t see myself doing any more racing in the road this year anyway.

Still on the ugly old crankset too, sigma refunded me for my broken power meter crank, was covered by warranty but they didn’t make them anymore. Not missing power so I’ll pick up a nicer crank in the next few weeks.
    Is that frame very laid back in the seat tube angle or something? Saddle looks very far forward - or is that compensating for reach with the long stem?

Leave a comment:

• Allspace
    replied
    That second Canyon Ultimate CF 10 would be my choice. And if you wanted rid to reduce the cost a bit you could sell on the spare wheels.

Leave a comment:

• colm89
    replied
    Carbon wheels needed new tyres but it seemed too close to winter to do that, and the weather has just been shite here, so I ordered new tyres for my freshly rebuilt hope winter wheels and threw them back on yesterday. Don’t see myself doing any more racing in the road this year anyway.

Still on the ugly old crankset too, sigma refunded me for my broken power meter crank, was covered by warranty but they didn’t make them anymore. Not missing power so I’ll pick up a nicer crank in the next few weeks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• colm89
    replied
    I’d probably go boardman myself based on spec.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X