Whatcha ridin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
    Where did you pick them up? Import costs are another issue on top of availability.
    Bike24. Haven't seen any wheel deals of any kind for a long time now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
      Good to know! I’ve been curious to try campag for a while now, and with my power meter disintegrating last week and making do with an auld 5700 crank, and the broken spoke this week pushing me to buy new wheels, I thought I’d just go all in and switch to campag, partly driven by the fact shimano and sram aren’t easily got atm! I’ve been on 7900 shifters and mechs (and brakes) for a while, and while they still work great and look nice, my bike has become a bit of a mish mash of various generations of parts on a nice 2020 frameset.

Cyclesuperstore have 11s SR in stock at just under 2.4K and crc have 12s chorus at just under 1.4K, which would allow nicer wheels, but hey if I’m going to do something stupid I might as well do something really stupid ey?
      I think you'll get them a nice bit cheaper than that from Germany tbh.

Chorus11 for €1061 https://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online...roducts/CC2015
      SR11 for €1800 https://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online...ducts/CSRG2016
      Record12 for €1850 https://www.jedi-sports.de/campagnolo-record-12x2-groupset::8842.html
      SR12 for €2200 https://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online...ucts/CSRgr2x12
      eTap Force12 for €1250 AXS https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...nic-kit-804730 but you'd need to factor in a few additional bits, brakes maybe, a 12s cassette
      Last edited by Desmo; 31-05-2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• After a day of deliberation I bought a pair of hunt 36/50 they had in stock, and will keep the da7900 for a bit longer.

Comment

• Nice one.

I was just going to post these up for you:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-black...arbon-wheelset

Saw a pair up close and personal yesterday evening and I was well impressed. Very very nice wheelset and super super light.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
            Nice one.

I was just going to post these up for you:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-black...arbon-wheelset

Saw a pair up close and personal yesterday evening and I was well impressed. Very very nice wheelset and super super light.
            I have to say I was close to buying the ones Desmo recommended, but had a chat to a mate in the industry in London and his reckoning was that they’re most likely the same wheel with different branding but that hunt have a fantastic warranty, so I went with those and added the lifetime crash replacement for €65.

I’ll get the hopes currently on the bike repaired/rebuilt for the wetter days.

Comment

• Wheels arrived yesterday and I got them out for a quick shakedown ahead of the weekend.

Please ignore awful chainset, it’s a temporary replacement while my power meter goes back for warranty repair, though I’ve been considering ditching it if I can find a da7900 crank to match the rest of the groupset, or just getting an entirely new groupset as previously discussed.

Water bottle and rear light also crimes against cycling.

Comment

• That's lovely Colm. A 9000 crankset with the black and silver might really suit the 2 tone thing already going on.

What frameset is that, the Volare 931 is it? It looks smashing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
                  That's lovely Colm. A 9000 crankset with the black and silver might really suit the 2 tone thing already going on.

What frameset is that, the Volare 931 is it? It looks smashing.
                  Yeah not a bad shout. There are some da7900 cranks on eBay but after customs etc they work out more expensive than a brand new da crank, hence considering changing group set.

Frameset is a 2020 volare 931, I had held out for 5 months for the disc version but there was no indication of when it would arrive so I bit the bullet on the rim brake version. Looks like they’ve dropped rim brakes from their 2021 range.

Comment

• Trek FX3, bought it to get me back into it, gave cycling up for a few years, have done a couple of 15km cycles, tough going, legs are like jelly after it but hopefully won't take long to get back up to speed.

Comment

• You may know this already seeing as you were on the bike before, but spin the legs in an easy gear, don't mash the pedals at a really low cadence. The amount of 'beginners' out there pedaling a really heavy gear at like 50/60 rpm is crazy. Lighter gear, 80-100rpm, work the aerobic system and don't put strain on the muscles, which will give up far far sooner than the lungs.

Lovely Genesis Colm, but I did have to put my hand over the bottom of the pic when I saw it online last night

Comment

• Haha yeh it ruins the bike!

Comment

• Sold the cotic earlier in the year, cracking bike but it was probably a bit slack and lairy for what I prefer to do off road, and the shoulder dislocation was the straw that broke the camels back. Been enjoying riding on the road again for the first time in a few years, but I miss having an off road bike in the stable. I had actually went to buy a cube cx bike from cycle superstore but by the time I put it in my cart and went to checkout, someone had literally swiped it out from under me. A few days later I spotted that one of the nearest shops to me had gotten a handful of Scott scale 940’s in stock, one of which was my size, so I rang them yesterday and collected it this morning.

Always loved Scott bikes, so delighted to have managed to get one. Components are fairly basic, but the frame is lush. I’ll probably get better brakes and wheels sooner rather than later, but the stuff on it will do for a bit of trail road and gravel path bashing til the Connacht XC league starts in September. I’ll probably give it a few outings in the cx league too as a club mate runs the local league.

So much for giving up mtb!

Comment

• Nice to see gumwall making a comeback

Comment

• That's slick Colm, well wear. What's your tyre choice going to be ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Allspace View Post
                                That's slick Colm, well wear. What's your tyre choice going to be ?
                                I’ll probably eventually go maxis ardents front and rear, or a high roller 2 front and ardent rear, but I’ll get some use out of these schwalbes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X