Whatcha ridin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raleighs are gorgeous!

And that’s quite different, alright - what is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Type17 View Post
      The Raleighs are gorgeous!

And that’s quite different, alright - what is it?
      Originally a Kirk Revolution MTB, made under licence by Dawes until the early 90s.

Magnesium frame with cro-mo forks; frames have a reputation for stress cracking and slow failure, so not many left around.

Built it up as a 1x9 speed with a hefty raid of the spare parts pile! Paint is Montana Gold graffiti aerosols with Montana weatherproof lacquer on top.

Comment

• Those Raleighs are awesome. Quite the collection! Are they for sale?

You will own nothing and you will be happy!

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Bash Street Kid;621213]Those Raleighs are awesome. Quite the collection! Are they for sale?[/QUOTE

Not yet.....only just finished them!

Comment

• Superb Paul - any of those Raleighs a 54?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twinspark View Post
              Superb Paul - any of those Raleighs a 54?
              Unfortunately not...I tend to only build projects in my size range (56-59).

Comment

• Originally posted by Twinspark View Post
                Superb Paul - any of those Raleighs a 54?
                BTW, still waiting for my seatpost removal wizard to come back with that Terry Dolan and my Olmo....he's either very slow, they're very stuck or he's eloped with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
                  Rowdy bike! Eyeing up a few enduros?
                  First enduro in the bag.

Left hand: thumb - cut, swollen, probably sprained, not broken
                  Left leg: shin - cut [unknown cause]
                  Right leg: calf - cut [pedal pin witness marks]
                  Right leg: knee - bruised
                  Right arm: grazing in numerous places from wrist to neck from a front wheel washout, and kissing a tree

Fair bit of bambi on ice roadie skills deficiency but sure it's all a bit of craic isn't it. 103rd out of 165 starters, and beaten by 17 seconds by my 16 y.o. - which I will never hear the end of. But our performance trajectories are on that kind of widening path - off road at least!

Comment

• Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    First enduro in the bag.

Left hand: thumb - cut, swollen, probably sprained, not broken
                    Left leg: shin - cut [unknown cause]
                    Right leg: calf - cut [pedal pin witness marks]
                    Right leg: knee - bruised
                    Right arm: grazing in numerous places from wrist to neck from a front wheel washout, and kissing a tree

Fair bit of bambi on ice roadie skills deficiency but sure it's all a bit of craic isn't it. 103rd out of 165 starters, and beaten by 17 seconds by my 16 y.o. - which I will never hear the end of. But our performance trajectories are on that kind of widening path - off road at least!

Nice to do something different in a year where the season is drastically altered.

I’ve had a go at 2 or 3 club road races for the fiat time since 2015, and I’m just as bad at it as I always was, albeit with a lot more sucking wheels this time.

Comment

• Well, fair play, sounds like you gave it your best shot. Saw photos of the fog, was it slippy?

Comment

• That foggy mist was down for the day and alternated between being heavy or very heavy, so everything was damp and greasy. Particularly on S1 which ran down one of the red/blacks to the far uplift point, very greasy and very dark under the trees. Djouce is my local spot so I wasn't overawed by the terrain or anything, just not the fastest at getting down it. I don't have the skills to be riding flat out and not make mistakes. Feels like those online typing exercises where you try and keep up with the letters as they're coming at you as your fingers get tied in a knot!

I'm sure the bike could be more appropriately set up too, tyres are nearing end of life and I'm not set up tubeless so couldn't drop the pressures as low as you'd want to for that weather - I've tried getting them mounted but they're not TLR and even with a compressor they just weren't seating.
                        Last edited by Desmo; 17-08-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• I bought a Canyon enduro bike at the end of September last year, haven't been on it yet, aside from cycling it up the road to check it didn't fall apart after assembly. I had serious ambition to get back on 2 wheels and become a regular up the GAP etc., but not sure I have the dedication to actually get on the thing and make use of it now, seems like it would be a pain in the arse living in an apt, with no way to clean it etc. Am I looking at a horrific loss if I try to move it on, or is the second hand market for more upscale stuff alright here? It's a large CF Spectral.

Comment

• I’d imagine if ever there was a good time to sell a bike, now is that time

Comment

• There are ways around having a mtb in an apartment though. I have a mobi v15 to wash the bike at the car after a day on the trails, and I’ve seen these bike sock things that you can put over your wheels and drivetrain to store indoors

Comment

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
                                I’d imagine if ever there was a good time to sell a bike, now is that time
                                Yeah, definitely for the average bike, but for something that cost 3k, does that still apply? I have heard that bikes are flying out of shops and sites like adverts etc., but I feel like the higher end stuff wouldn't be as much in demand maybe?

Originally posted by colm89 View Post
                                There are ways around having a mtb in an apartment though. I have a mobi v15 to wash the bike at the car after a day on the trails, and I’ve seen these bike sock things that you can put over your wheels and drivetrain to store indoors
                                I could probably get some sort of decent set up alright, not sure how arsed I am doing it though haha. My mate was supposed to get a bike with me, but he's now bottled that, struggling to see myself getting up on a winter's day to go biking in the rain, on my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X