X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post
    The odd cheap bike still pops up e.g. http://www.adverts.ie/25099257
    no connection
    It's sure got potential. Same lad has another bike that might work. Thanks for the post.

Comment

• Has anyone got a pair of Shimano or Sram shifters they want to move on? 2x10 or 1x10 would be ideal but 11 speed would probably work too.

Comment

• Potentially will have Ultegra 6700 2 x 10spd shifters available soon Allspace. Still on a bike but project started to move that to 11spd.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan. What's the eta on the build?

Comment

• Week of Jan 10-14 hopefully.

Comment

• Well at least you have a plan, that's half the battle. Are you going aero cockpit or just changing the shifters? I've a PlanetX Stealth and ceramic BB laying around if you need then.

Comment

• This looks like a serious bit of kit
                https://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for...thyst/29902549

Comment

• That is very nice indeed.

Comment

• Off loading my Specalized Allez Race size 56 if anyone knows someone looking for a good second hand bike. 105 groupset, crank is ultegra 52-36 with spd, carbon seatpost. Running 28c on the rear for extra comfort vs 25c on the front for better aero. Offered 500 on a trade-in, was going to post it on Adverts for 700 and see what I can get.
                    Can replace the crank with FSA Gossamer and no peddles if needed. One of the SPD is stuck but as I don't use it I've not really bothered trying to remove it.

Ride is very comfortable and easy on the body. Great control and decends well. At one point it was 7.8kg, back over that now but can be done. Ill post an ad FS later today.

Comment

• I am hoping to be in the market for a lower end road bike. My knee is in bad shape with zero cartilage on the outside of the right knee and consultant advised taking up cycling to reduce weight and build up muscles, etc. I am selling an old hybrid that I have, and I have someone coming today to look at it, so should have the kitty sorted this afternoon.

Anyway, I do not have a great budget, €500 ish, and hitting for secondhand in case it does not work out or get to use it that much. I was told to get a 54 frame (I am 5Ft 8, with 30 inch leg). So if anyone has or knows of anything like that please let me know. I am not overly fussy on spec or that, just a road bike to get me started. I am weary of the Halfords brands as had one of theirs before and had issues, so not to sure would go with one of their brands again, but that could just be bad luck, etc.

I have an E bike for commuting (pre covid as working from home now), and will keep that for trips to city center, if we get back to the office, etc. So this will just be for spins for exercise, going to aim to do 30km-50km runs on it.

Comment

• Just to update, I bought a bike last night. Got a secondhand Forme Longcliffe 1.0, never heard of the brand before but has the Shimano 105 Group set and some other decent components on it from what I was told by work colleagues who are into cycling. It was bought new by the seller 6 years ago who is a retired teacher, he and his wife bought bikes when they retired, one of these plans that never happened so it was kept in the boiler house and rarely cycled. It is like new, was near enough to me, right frame size and I got it for €330, so worth buying I thought. Hoping to get it out today for a proper spin.
                        Last edited by jimgti; 14-01-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• That's a good deal, they'd be in around 100 euro new. 105 is a decent group set too, nice and smooth, have it on one of my bikes also. A fairly good bargain for you.

Comment

• Good job Jim, well wear. Now we just need pictures, of the bike you understand..

Comment

• Thanks guys, here is the adverts link - https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/fo...-bike/25805199
                              Will take a few pics later, but there are a few in the advert.

Comment

Working...
                              X