Sea Swimming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeremy Taxman View Post
    Miltown Malbay, co. Clare this Saturday morning. 1k and 2k swim.

https://eventmaster.ie/event/0p3bHzqsA1
    Did the 2k here in 45mins. Also had to avoid the biggest compass jellyfish i've ever seen.

4k in Limerick this weekend. Will be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by colm89 View Post
      Just got the results from the race on Saturday, 2nd overall in the men’s wetsuit category of the 3km race. Happy enough with that having only really taken up swimming properly in April.
      Fair play, well done.

Comment

• Well done Colm that's a great result 👏

Comment

• Did the first Fenit bay swim there at the weekend. Up at 5am for a 7am start.
          4.5k of rough seas with 2 ft waves. Not a pleasant place to be.
          My time was awful but felt like death all day before and after it. Turned out I had a chest infection, so i'll give that as the excuse.

Comment

• In the past 2 months I have taken up sea swimming, now I am far from swim long distances but I think it's a fantastic hobby. So much more enjoyable that swimming in a pool.

Bring on the colder months.

Aside from a wet suit for when it is really cold, is there anything else I should be looking at approaching winter
            Vtec addict

Comment

• Originally posted by chris139ryan View Post
              In the past 2 months I have taken up sea swimming, now I am far from swim long distances but I think it's a fantastic hobby. So much more enjoyable that swimming in a pool.

Bring on the colder months.

Aside from a wet suit for when it is really cold, is there anything else I should be looking at approaching winter
              Depends how long you are in for. If you're gonna be in for extended periods in the winter I'd recommend one of the wetsuit hoods.

Most important thing I've ever found over the years is warm, loose clothing you can throw on you as soon as you're out of the water is best!

Comment

• Get yourself a float. Adds visibility and piece of mind. Also the easy on clothing is a great point.

Comment

Working...
                X