Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does a business stand, re "Smart Glasses"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does a business stand, re "Smart Glasses"?

Getting bombarded with ads for smart glasses lately.
    Where does one stand, legally, in relation to someone recording you with these, without you knowing? We get a lot of strangers calling to us, and whilst it's reasonably easy to spot someone recording you with a phone or GoPro, not so obvious with the Glasses, especially if they're smart enough to cover over the light.

It's not that I'm clocking cars, or welding chassis together, but I could be having a heated moment with a wheel bearing or ball joint, and don't particularly want it uploaded to the Internet!

And we occasionally have some high end vehicles around, that again we would not want recorded.
    ​​​​​​
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

You would want to be a very sad individual with zero life interests to walk around with these recording everyone.

As for businesses, just like CCTV maybe advanced warning that they cannot be recording on your premises, as in the terms and conditions. Should someone present a scenario like you mentioned at least you had a pre warning up and may have some comeback as to the validity of posting said footage.

Comment

I'm not a lawyer and the internet is apparently not the best place for legal (or financial) advice but nobody is allowed to record or take photos inside your premises without your permission.

Comment

A heated moment . Stick up a sign that no recoding is to take place on the premises without prior consent.

Everything is online these days I’m blue in the face from telling people not to be recording in work. Whilst I never minded it a lot of the others do. Some people fail to grasp that.

From what I can see though the frames are very obvious on them so should be an easy spot.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
          You would want to be a very sad individual with zero life interests to walk around with these recording everyone.
          Instalife all over social media sure!

Maybe include on the sign that recording could lead to prosecution...

Comment

There's a lot of them though.
            www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cold View Post
              I'm not a lawyer and the internet is apparently not the best place for legal (or financial) advice but nobody is allowed to record or take photos inside your premises without your permission.
              That is correct.
              GDPR works (both ways)
              "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
              "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

think you're vastly underestimating the extreme percentage of these that are alive in 2022
                looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2 View Post

think you're vastly underestimating the extreme percentage of these that are alive in 2022
                  Stop the planet I want to get off....

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post
                    Getting bombarded with ads for smart glasses lately.
                    Where does one stand, legally, in relation to someone recording you with these, without you knowing? We get a lot of strangers calling to us, and whilst it's reasonably easy to spot someone recording you with a phone or GoPro, not so obvious with the Glasses, especially if they're smart enough to cover over the light.

It's not that I'm clocking cars, or welding chassis together, but I could be having a heated moment with a wheel bearing or ball joint, and don't particularly want it uploaded to the Internet!

And we occasionally have some high end vehicles around, that again we would not want recorded.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Have you got a Duty of Care/Liability Disclaimer on the gate or front door? "Beyond this point, you are on a premises..."

If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

Yes, I might edit it to have No unauthorised recording.
                      www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X