No announcement yet.

Android phone suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google doesn’t sell through mobile companies as far as I know. I presume the list above is a set of contract phones? That’s primarily Samsung/Apple territory. I’m sure the S21 FE is fine out of that list. I would check the battery size on the main contenders to make sure to pick the biggest. Maybe charge speed as well.

Comment

Im on the One Plus 9 Pro now, cannot fault it whatsoever. Hyper Charge, loads of memory/space, camera is ace on it.

You can also purchase the earlier models still from One Plus also, so even go back to the One Plus 6 Pro which is brilliant in its own right if the price doesnt work for you.

Its also not bloated by software from a supplier, so Android updates etc are issued bang on time etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post

The only options they are giving me are the ones listed. Which is a bit , tbh.
        Is that a restriction through work? That you're limited to Samsung and Apple, as Vodafone have plenty other models available both personal and business bill pay.

Edit: Just to answer Cold above, both my Pixel 5 and my dads Pixel 6 are through Vodafone and they still offer the Pixel 6 at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC1 View Post

Is that a restriction through work? That you're limited to Samsung and Apple, as Vodafone have plenty other models available both personal and business bill pay.

Edit: Just to answer Cold above, both my Pixel 5 and my dads Pixel 6 are through Vodafone and they still offer the Pixel 6 at the minute
          Yeah, that's the list our rep sent. I might haggle for other options.
          www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Yea, I'm with Vodafone and got the Pixel 6 for 100 quid I think it was.

Comment

Avoid the Pixel 6 at the moment - shocking battery life problems. Wife got one recently and its about to be launched into orbit if they don't roll out a fix.

I was an Apple/iphone head for years but my last phone is my first android - Samsung Note 10 Lite - was cheap as chips and still going strong, plus the novelty of the pen hasn't worn off yet.

From your list I'd go for the Samsung galaxy s21 FE 128gb

Comment

I concur. I have had a Samsung for work for 2+ years and it's still going strong. I can't say I love it or anything but battery life and all that jazz is still excellent.

Comment

i might ignorantly totally hijack this thread if possible Tristan rather than starting a new one

Im one of those people who is totally paying over the odds each month for something because im totally out of touch with this stuff. i dont have time/interest to keep up with this stuff.

I have a Hwawei P20 Pro thats about 4 years old i think - im on Three paying 45 a month, that normally ends up being 55ish.

Its starting to show its age, battery, getting slow, etc.

I went onto Three.ie and there is nothing of good value that interests me and i think i might be paying over the odds for what i use.

i NEED:
                  MUST have a good camera- critical
                  plenty of storage/Micro SD slot. theres currently 30,156 photos on my phone.
                  unlimited data

Should i change the provider? what phones are out there for me? any opinions? thanks !

looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

You should switch to "SIM only" while you're thinking about it anyhow. You're paying contract rates for a phone that you now own. And you will not get a good deal on a new phone I don't think. Them's not the times we're in.

Comment

I have a SIM only rolling contract. Three Phones on it for 60 a month unlimited calls. texts and data including international data. Always supplied my own phones.

Easy to walk away or switch providers....

Comment

I think I got 3 months out of this one
                        www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

By the power of Backroads.....

" Alternative android options are below.

Google Pixel 3a 64GB for 0.00 * includes a free speak worth 60 euro*
                          Google Pixel 5 GB for 199.99 * includes a free speak worth 60 euro*
                          Huawei p40 lite 128GB for 0.00 * includes a free speak worth 60 euro*
                          Huawei p40 pro 128GB for 349.99 * includes a free speak worth 60 euro*
                          Xiaomi 11T pro 256GB for 299.99
                          Xiaomi MI 11 lite 128GB for 0.00
                          Oppo A54 64GB for 0.00
                          Oppo Reno 4 pro for 199.99 "

Wahay.
                          www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

Think I'd settle on the Pixel 5 from that bunch.

Comment

Apple iPhone, go wan you know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by davkav View Post
                                Apple iPhone, go wan you know you want to.
                                I'd prefer a long string with a paper cup on each end.
                                www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X