Gran Turismo 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
    I am watching 10 minutes of intro movies. Does this shite ever end?
    I know.. non skippable intros or credit rolls in 2022, geddouddahere...
    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Ok maxed out the Capo now a 0.7 litre widebody anti-lag beast no changes to any settings, took it for a quick test around Tsukuba

Geared too long, pushing harder but it was going very well

Until it wasn't anymore and got a closer look at my titanium exhaust

Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

• This is the way.

Comment

• I bought two Capos in the hope I win a 13b and allowed to swap into it

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post

I know.. non skippable intros or credit rolls in 2022, geddouddahere...
            O button skips em no??
            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post

O button skips em no??
              Not the first time though. You have to watch it.
              I had to even watch it twice, as I had to sign up to Playstation network all over again, as Playstation does not expect people to migrate throughout their life. (I understand its a alien request to have in the year 2022.)
              "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
              "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Yeah, it was non-skippable the first time. Was dead annoyed about this because Sony released the intro video to watch on youtube a few hours before the game launched, so I thought "great I'll get a head start!" and watched it like an idiot for nostalgias sake when FMV in games was still a big deal and you'd watch every intro. Imagine my reaction to booting up the game at midnight to sit through the movie again...

I wouldn't even minded so much if it was as car focused as previous intros, but they seem to have gone for a slightly prententious but crap episode of "reeling in the years" this time round.

It's a real mixed bag this game, the core of driving round is great, but aside from the grind/MTX problem there's just a few little things like the unskippable intro the artificial "rarity" of rare-in-real-life cars we'd like to get away from in a fantasy computer game thanks very much, the slightly over-reverent tone and reluctance to implement things like damage properly that makes it feel like the game likes the smell of its own 1990s farts at times.

Real love/hate relationship with this game. The updates are making it better for sure, and the Cappuccinos inclusion almost makes up for a lot of things for me personally, though perhaps not quite fixing things at the rate I'd like. Hopefully it's a GT Sport type situation, where the game is constantly updated and is a totally different, much better beast than at launch.

Comment

• Game should have been release more prepared in my opinion kinda bored waiting for updates!

Comment

• I also only just got started with the game, and already am finding things that make me dislike it.
                    I want to drive cars. I don't want cafes, menus and arbitrary hurdles to go through. And the various interruptions like "Hi I am Andy I am from Whereeveristan and I am here to bla bla" are just needless ...junk.

The same about the driving tests which I hate with a vengeance.
                    They are so badly built its not even fun.
                    You are being dropped into a car you havent driven on a racetrack you have not driven and are told to get the next three corners right or else.
                    No opportunity to make a few testing/ sighting laps.
                    Fail.
                    Do over.
                    "It looks like you are typing a letter would you like some help with that?" Get lost clippy.
                    Fail.
                    Do over.
                    First time driving a Formula car, and you get Laguna Seca.
                    But funny enough, all the Japanese cars are on tracks that suit them. Funny that.

its 2022 but the game is still stuck in the 1990s, as you say. The graphics and cars have improved, but they have not changed anything game play wise from the PS2 version.

I am disappoint
                    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Ya i was getting serious gt2 vibes when i first started playing it but im not into online racing so the game is extremely limited if you want to stick to single player mode!

Comment

• Yeah, the interruptions are cringe, but at least it's not Forza Horizon levels of utter idiots blathering on about how you're a superstar! or Papa Fernando.

Don't mind the driving tests so much, that get the next three corners dead on is a bit like hillclimb which I love rather than circuit racing, every corners do or die. They should make them totally optional though, I think you need them to enter certain races.

Overall though, yeah, there's a sense of we've moved on but GT hasn't in some ways. Even many remastered versions of 90s games come with "quality of life" improvements these days.

My big bugbear at the moment with multiplayer is lobbies aren't persistent. In assetto corsa, if you create a lobby, that lobby stays active til there's no-one left in it, even if the person that created it leaves. In GT7, it disappears as soon as the creator ends their game, so you can be sat waiting through a race, waiting for the next one, and then someone just ends the game and you've got to go looking for another one.
                        Last edited by crank_case; 28-04-2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• The only thing that bugs me is my skills, but I did manage to get gold in the beasty Nissan, though in saying that, their “professional virtual racers“ with their tips and “awe looks like your struggling” can get fooked!! Actually fcuking irritating me know thinking about it
                          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                            The only thing that bugs me is my skills, but I did manage to get gold in the beasty Nissan, though in saying that, their “professional virtual racers“ with their tips and “awe looks like your struggling” can get fooked!! Actually fcuking irritating me know thinking about it
                            Yeah, don't patronize me Sarah, I know that run was rubbish.

Still, could be worse...

https://youtu.be/_OB6oix2c3g?t=15

Comment

• Still tipping away at the World 700 races, but haven't settled on the best car for them .
                              Tried the GR4 M4 (doing that GT thing where you try the car closest to your own RL car!), then I watched a YT vid praising the virtues of the Silvia GT Touring car, which is much quicker and cathces a slide nicely. Just mind the curbs!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/x741Kda.jpg[/img[

[img][/img]
                              It's been brilliant around Le Mans (a race I'm really enjoying with the 30 minute, random rainstorm format)
                              If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

• Detuned Castrol Toms supra is my fav on hard tyres and low fuel setting!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X