This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you up to in the shed?

Lots of us do lots of things that neither suit or justify a dedicated thread, but others might be interested in all the same. This thread is for those things.

(Mods I've seen this on a few other forums and it works well as a sticky)

A few years back I got a free Mazda Demio from former member on here K10. it was a grand wee car, but had a dent on nearly every panel so was unlikely to ever be of much interest to anyone. We do some stuff on my wife's home place so it became a field car and then I decided to cut the roof off it for added silliness.

It's been an occasional project with my kids and sometimes Cian shows up to get abuse too.

I'm sure I posted pics of it here in the past but I can find nothin since the software upgrade.

Anyway we got it back in one piece before Christmas and this is it being driven by my 13 year old daughter who learned to mig weld by joining the roof back together.

oh yeah, and something happened the exhaust, it got hit by accident with a grinder along the way

I'll come back to this when I have a feckin' shed.

Then I can move all my bad ideas under one roof.

Comment

Same with no shed, but I plan to spend at least tomorrow and Sunday doing a proper detail on this.

Seats out. Wheels off. Under the bonnet. The lot.

Dealer plates back on. Dealer sticker on. Focus badge back on. And 15mm wheel spacers on.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by Cian86; 14-01-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I put back brake pads into the E32 yesterday. Mind you, it was a nice enough day that it could have been done outside too.

Comment

Most recent project was not car related, making a brass fireplace surround for an ethanol fire my wife bought. Made from a single sheet of brass, sides and top are all one piece still.
          The dangers of women browsing Pinterest and asking could you make that?

IMG_20211205_134659.jpg

Comment

Can we all use your shed and land to :D:D:D:D:D around in, serious lacking of space shed and land on my plot!!
            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Putting this back together, have wiring sorted:

IMG_1348[1].jpgIMG_1629[15691].jpg IMG_2211[15695].jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Triumphtr4a; 16-01-2022, 07:16 PM.
              Justin.

scimitar resto https://www.flickr.com/photos/147918...57687265253636

TR6 resto EFI conversion https://www.flickr.com/photos/147918...57712947056502

Comment

Nice, I having pangs of regret for selling my SE5a now. Nice chin spoiler, I think they really improve the looks of a scimi.

Comment

Lovely colour too

Comment

Making Anti roll bar drop links, because Micks Garage didn't deliver the parts I ordered Tuesday....
                    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

good idea for a thread. mostly mine is used for fixing bikes and brewing beer. a shed that can fit cars is a while away.

Comment

I've mostly been working on a tractor recently, 1963 David Brown 880.

Didn't need too much doing to it, rewiring, tweaking, servicing

PXL_20211204_173639850.jpgPXL_20211218_180309895.jpgPXL_20220103_165141150.jpgPXL_20220101_095411783.jpgPXL_20220112_203343978.jpg

Comment

I'm nearly finished fitting this satchell engineering shifter in the garage at the moment, garage does come in handy over the winter
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          as Marcus Gronholm once said "up the arse of timo".....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Comment

Originally posted by DUFFMAN View Post
                            I'm nearly finished fitting this satchell engineering shifter in the garage at the moment, garage does come in handy over the winter
                            More info needed! Anything with Satchell on it gets my attention
                            www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Need to do a big tidy up of my main shed - looks a mess. Nothing major going on though - just a myriad of small DIY jobs

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X