Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gpk
    replied
    If they are stuck in there it's handy to get a 4mm drill bit and make a few holes though them to reduce resistance

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckfastMan View Post
    Here's a bush remover I bought the wife for her birthday

217525-braun-silk-pil-5-5380.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sideline
    replied
    Thanks BM. Installation tools for Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• BuckfastMan
    replied
    Here's a bush remover I bought the wife for her birthday

217525-braun-silk-pil-5-5380.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Bear
    replied
    Im one of the people who thinks pacini are :D:D:D:D but I have a number of Chinese bush removal tools which are fairly terrible finish wise but actually get the job done very well.

That set you linked Phil looks like excellent value.

Leave a comment:

• philb
    replied
    I bought something like this:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265019545348

It hasn't seen a lot of use but makes light work of any job I've used it on. I've used bolts plus sockets as well, but this takes a lot of the stress out.
    And as you've noted there's plenty of other parts of these type of jobs to go wrong. Such as getting the rear suspension of an e39 touring to line back up again..

Leave a comment:

• Sideline
    replied
    Job done. It took a bit longer than I thought which meant no Porter for me Saturday night. The nuts stripped on the threaded bar while pulling in the bush but luckily enough I was able to to get an M12 x130 bolt which I tightened up as much as I could, but the bush was only halfway in or halfway out, if your a pessimist.

The careful introduction of a blow lamp at this stage moved things on pretty swiftly and something I must remember the next time I do this.

Another thing I should have known was to jack up the front of the car evenly. I just jacked the passenger side of the car which I was working on and it left a strain on the anti roll bar which left refitting the wishbone awkward when working by myself.

The bushes I took out didn't seem worn enough to be changed and there is no difference in the car handling, any time I have changed suspension parts due to NCT failure they are normally visibly worn.

Retest booked for Friday,

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    I rebushed my GT6 with threaded bar. I had a number of lengths cut and ready. If the threads stripped on a though bush, then I would swap to a new threaded bar to get it out the rest of the way. Putting news ones back it was a lot easier, but there were all small enough bushes. It did the job.

Leave a comment:

• Sideline
    replied
    I called about the Pacini bush removers, they are in stock but no next day delivery. As I need to get this done over the weekend I might chance making up my own pullers, sure what can go wrong....

I remember tackling the subframe bushes in my old E39 years ago and what a nightmare. One of those jobs that you wish you hadn’t started.
    I got there in the end but it took time and a lot of patience.

Here is how it should go. Simple really

https://youtu.be/lQ-pZLYA9VI

Leave a comment:

• BuckfastMan
    replied
    Originally posted by markcro View Post

I don't know Pacini, but I find that if you are going to use a non-precision tool every 10 years, or maybe just once, then a cheap sh1te one is fine just to get the job done.
    Totally, thats why I bought a Pacini engine stand that's currently looking like the leaning tower of Pisa and its nowhere near its max load!

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckfastMan View Post
    Pacini is fairly shite in my limited experience but a few others here say the same.
    I don't know Pacini, but I find that if you are going to use a non-precision tool every 10 years, or maybe just once, then a cheap sh1te one is fine just to get the job done.

Leave a comment:

• BuckfastMan
    replied
    Pacini is fairly shite in my limited experience but a few others here say the same.

Leave a comment:

• TuneR
    replied
    Burn the bush and then use the kit linked above? Doing it in situ is always going to be awkward, there is a hydraulic press that i got a loan of from a truck mechanic before but fairly rare and expensive.

sd-1102-image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tristan
    replied
    I haven't tbh, but I have bought bits and bobs from IGE without issues. It was just a suggestion to point you in their direction.

Leave a comment:

• Sideline
    replied
    Thanks Tristan, have you used that brand? I looked further on that site and I seen this which may be more suitable for bush removal and refitting?

https://ige.ie/press-and-pull-sleeve-kit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X