Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mk1 golf build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So frustrating waiting for parts.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

    E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

    Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tristan View Post
      So frustrating waiting for parts.
      And updates
      Deadly Dave

      Comment


      • Yep, I'm waiting 6 weeks now for that particular part and have Been told it could be a further 4 weeks!

        Comment


        • I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread but looks interesting. I have about 150hp in my mk1 with wide wheels etc. It is non turbo and it spins the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in damp conditions but it sure can move. Some people convert their car to 4 wheel drive and I've seen one mid build near drogheda. You need to create a whole centre tunnel so it's a big job. Mine has no power steering but steering is still light in all but stopped conditions even with wide wheels.

          I have found new, aftermarket and used parts for the MK1 are relatively easy to find and low cost compared to rarer cars. Mine is fully re-registered with an engineers report as a 2L 1982 mk1. Nct exempt is a big plus.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zg3409 View Post
            I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread but looks interesting. I have about 150hp in my mk1 with wide wheels etc. It is non turbo and it spins the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in damp conditions but it sure can move. Some people convert their car to 4 wheel drive and I've seen one mid build near drogheda. You need to create a whole centre tunnel so it's a big job. Mine has no power steering but steering is still light in all but stopped conditions even with wide wheels.

            I have found new, aftermarket and used parts for the MK1 are relatively easy to find and low cost compared to rarer cars. Mine is fully re-registered with an engineers report as a 2L 1982 mk1. Nct exempt is a big plus.
            I'm guessing your username is a reg?
            I've a Zg Registered mk1 too. It will be getting the 2.0 out of my mk2 when that gets its own engine swap.
            www.PatHoranMotors.com

            E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

            Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tristan View Post

              I'm guessing your username is a reg?
              I've a Zg Registered mk1 too. It will be getting the 2.0 out of my mk2 when that gets its own engine swap.
              If you look up my username on cartell etc you can see it's not a golf. I would love an old Irish reg but mine is a swimmer.

              Comment


              • Ah no worries. I luckily have 3, GZG, INI and TI
                www.PatHoranMotors.com

                E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

                Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by zg3409 View Post
                  I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread but looks interesting. I have about 150hp in my mk1 with wide wheels etc. It is non turbo and it spins the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in damp conditions but it sure can move. Some people convert their car to 4 wheel drive and I've seen one mid build near drogheda. You need to create a whole centre tunnel so it's a big job. Mine has no power steering but steering is still light in all but stopped conditions even with wide wheels.

                  I have found new, aftermarket and used parts for the MK1 are relatively easy to find and low cost compared to rarer cars. Mine is fully re-registered with an engineers report as a 2L 1982 mk1. Nct exempt is a big plus.
                  Hey.....yeah mine is going to be 4 wheel drive (haldex) yep you need to raise the centre tunnel and lower the steering rack, cut the boot floor etc. I have everything there ready to go.....just need time, and waiting for some parts to move forward is taking an age.

                  Mine is an original irish shell with brown log book etc and i will definitely need nct exempt!!

                  Yours sounds like fun!, what engine have you in yours?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tristan View Post
                    Ah no worries. I luckily have 3, GZG, INI and TI
                    Your greedy Tristan 🤣

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Datsunjay View Post

                      Your greedy Tristan 🤣
                      No (well, yes) , I'm old and have been collecting for years!
                      www.PatHoranMotors.com

                      E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

                      Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tristan View Post

                        No (well, yes) , I'm old and have been collecting for years!
                        Are they running? Or are they projects?

                        Comment


                        • Projects tbh, I used to use GZG a fair bit.
                          www.PatHoranMotors.com

                          E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

                          Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

                          Comment

                          Bottom of thread

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X