No announcement yet.

The prancing moose ! 242 TIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmn I really didnt think I'd be able to buy a bertone in immaculate condition for 2k (profit off the white one but yeah.....

Starts on fluid, needs pumps.

One owner, 70k miles

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk

2005 toyota sequoia, 1993 300d, 2009 prius, 1984 Volvo 242 turbo intercooler

Comment

• This thread reminds me of one those good netflix series (any genre) you began watching and were immediately sucked in and follow it religiously - excited by new episodes/seasons etc, but at some point in the middle of the whole thing, you say to yourself "where are we in this, again?"
      At the same time you could jump in at any stage and enjoy it, as there's so much going on. In my case, I blame work, life etc for my memory lapses but anytime I get an update notification I know I'm going to be watching the 'prancing moose' (singular & plural).

I welcome the new character

Comment

• It's funny because at work I'm basically a project manager for software training and I'm all about sprints and that scrum/ agile methodology stuff.

At home, I fricking shun the laptops/ tech and have little to no direction/ targets other than to have fun with it, there's probably about a weeks' concerted work to get the turbo coupe going. But God knows when I'll get to it lol

Last night I got to do a mini-merican road trip with my brother in law,, ate some excellent bbq and picked up a dream car for a relative pittance. Twas a great way to refill the tank!

Comment

• Ah I get it, the counterfoil to the day job . Good to have separate places/spaces for different types of activities to engage the brain !

Sounds a bit familiar

I am uninformed about Bertone coupes, - so had a quick look online, interesting heritage.
          https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...-bertone-coupe

What's the colour of this new addition? got a bit of a purple hue off it

Comment

• Originally posted by DadsMorrisMinor View Post
            Ah I get it, the counterfoil to the day job . Good to have separate places/spaces for different types of activities to engage the brain !

Sounds a bit familiar

I am uninformed about Bertone coupes, - so had a quick look online, interesting heritage.
            https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...-bertone-coupe

What's the colour of this new addition? got a bit of a purple hue off it
            Yeah I thought so too but it's the standard black, truck of the light on yer man's phone, lots of blue light LEDs in his shed.

I'm relieved it's the later version of the orv engine, less inclined to have the camshafts eating into the heads!

Comment

• https://youtu.be/hG8dd1PRalE

We have progression the 75, full fuel system overhaul coming!

1984 gets a new to me harness for the 1993 940 lh2.4 engine management.

Comment

• Had to try the Chevy wheels on

Comment

• Having a bit of fun with the 75, fuel sender is toast !

The tank has a whole heap of rust in it and varnished petrol, leaving some vinegar in it for a week and sunshine to see if it's salvageable. New ones are available but the quality is supposed to be iffy.

And with a bit of trimming this Honda prelude spoiler will make a good ghetto spoiler

Also slapped a body kit on the Datsun before it hits the container for Cork!

Comment

• Some lh2.4 wiring for the 940 t engine conversion non the grey one, extending the maf to go on right side of engine.

And scored a nice wee Volvo R badge which is gracing my horn button which was a bit too plain!

Comment

• Was flying it on the bike down to see the parade earlier when I saw this, just the one pic - and I had to flee

Comment

• Man I'd love a gold one, that's a later one too, better engines and a/c too!

Comment

• When you buy a crashed late model car to harvest its a/c system but you go a bit mad and take everything but the body!

Comment

• Started back in on her after quite a hiatus. Change d all the front seals.

I changed out the old brittle plastic cover for an early b21 aluminium one I'd polished to within an inch of its life.

Thinking of cutting an access hole so I can adjust the cam gear on the fly if I feel the need.

Had to go with a block mount Vs head mount distributor and run the aux shaft to suit. The 940t the engine came in originally had neither.

Put the headlight stone guards from the bertone onto it for a bit of rally feel.

Also hooked up the wiring harness, all bar the alternator (tiny hands needed).

Threw in what's left of the downpipe, will have to get a joiner section made to link in from the 90 out of turbo to the rest of exhaust,had to cut the cat out to get access for the engine.

Ne timing belt and all new cam/ crank seals too.

What's left now is to fit rad and intercooler, plumb both and finish the wiring conversion from 84 to 89 specs , apparently simple!

Hoping this junkyard motor is a good runner !

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Forgot to put on the strut brace, so had to go back out before bed and do it, really ties the room together!

Comment

• Well I got distracted again...

Between this and the bertone I'm never gonna get any of them done.

I just get so flipping bored working on one at a time!

This way at least I'm procrastinating and making progress?

I had picked up a 1990 sedan interior in tan color recently for a song, (well a whole car worth of parts) beats the disentegrated remains of what went before.

It runs on starting fluid, so if I'm lucky a fresh gas tank, pump and filter and it'll be back to life !

It's a pretty cool little car, full suspension, lowering springs, massive sway bar upgrades!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X