The prancing moose ! 242 TIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaveD_XB View Post
    Great score..... Is it a pick a part type arrangement like they have here in Aus in that you now have to go & remove the engine yourself & trailer it home or will they remove it now & you just have to collect it from the counter sitting on a pallet?
    They'll remove engines / gearboxes but the rest you've to do yourself type deal.

I have to grab the rear diff out of that car and the passenger door for another person so it's going to get interesting next weekend

It's about an inch off the ground now so hopefully they'll throw it on stands for me !

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk

2005 toyota sequoia, 1993 300d, 2009 prius, 1984 Volvo 242 turbo intercooler

Comment

• New engine waiting to be built

Remote oil filter on the white one

Original location for reference once a turbo is fitted. Between the turbo/ exhaust manifold and the engine mount and boxed in by the alternator.

Comment

• This look familiar, engine out again, tried starting it and the thing was locked up!

During my mating of the box/ trans the input shaft came out 2/8 of an inch and bound up.

Just got another used trans and everything spins freely! Mandatory washers due to even out the warped flex plate.

And finally back in the car. Now to wire, throw in the manifolds and get it driving. Half think of selling it now to get some saving together for the real dream car.

At gas monkey on the way home from picking up the trans

Oh and u bought a Datsun for a friend back home, soon to hit a boat and then the rotisserie for a resto!

Comment

• A bit of light work on it, b pillar trims disintegrated in Texas heat. Got some black ones and painted them up in camel vinyl paint!

Picked up a running engine for $200 so saving my low mileage one as a backup for the coupe. After resealing it and thinking of eventually selling the white one I want to keep my best parts.

She'll be coming out again getting good at it at this stage. Quick seal kit thrown at it and a bit of a rattle can and she's good to go! It'll get the timing belt too.

Also threw a Walmart stereo system into it. Bluetooth and four speakers, delivered for $29.99 for black Friday.

Not exactly a kicker/ Kenwood combo but in the general theme of the car. Still waiting on the surround to arrive.

Last edited by admredux; 27-11-2021, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X