No announcement yet.

Supra TT x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers guys, hopefully can get it out a bit in the summer. With the uncertainty of restrictions it's easier to stomach the 1.3 tax on the RX7 vs this with the risk of not getting to drive it at all!

Comment

Jesus looks like it just rolled out of the factory! Fair play Brian.

Comment

Nothing much to report on this couple small maintenance and refresh jobs.

It was with Zenith getting lower shifter bushes done, spigot bearing, rear crank seal and a full service

I also replaced the bonnet insulation with a new unit and fitted the genuine TRD front brace I bought nearly a year ago at this stage

It's taxed at the minute so getting it out for a few spins as well

Comment

Immaculate as always,also top quality machines parked beside it as well 😉

Comment

Lovely and clean bay mate, only issue with putting the bonnet insulation back on is lack of turbo noises.

Comment

Originally posted by TuneR View Post
              Lovely and clean bay mate, only issue with putting the bonnet insulation back on is lack of turbo noises.
              Ah it had one on already just refreshing it with a new one, you can't miss what you didn't have 😅

Should of really took it for a drive without one to see the difference

Comment

Few photos taken over the weekend at a small shoot, some more to follow as well

All photos taken by Hubert of the Park n Chill group in Waterford.

They have their main show of the year next Saturday at Johnstown Castle aswell should be a good day out!

Comment

Two beauties.

Honda got so much right when they first designed the NSX, still looks so fresh and modern
                  despite it being nearly 30 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
                    Two beauties.

Honda got so much right when they first designed the NSX, still looks so fresh and modern
                    despite it being nearly 30 years old.
                    Yep for sure. So sleek, majority of non car people don't know what it is when your out and about

Comment

• Your posts just keep on giving Brian, keep them comin!
                      I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Two smashing cars, That NSX is a real dream car.
                        My car history:
                        1995 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda Civic Vtec-i,1998 FTO GX, 1998 Toyota Chaser, 1995 Toyota Supra, 2001 Toyota MR2, 2007 Nissan Cube, 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

Comment

• I was lucky enough to see both the Supra and NSX up close last weekend. Fantastic cars and great to see them out and about.

Comment

• Great pics of the cars there mate.

Comment

• Few small updates on this, I was supposed to take my GT86 out to Europe to some alpine passes but it wasn't ready in time!

So last minute (4 hours before ferry) had to take this with no shakedown or anything, luckily its a Toyota and everything went smoothly apart from a small power steering fluid weep.

But I've gone ahead and ordered alot of bits for it from Japan to keep on top of everything. Alot of these are neglected mechanically because they are 'bulletproof' and small niggly jobs just keep building up and it could easily cost 5-6k to get them mechanically 100% with the price of parts now!

I've ordered the following from Japan

-Front crank seal (slight oil leak from there)
                              -Cam seals
                              -Cam cover gaskets and associated hardware
                              -Sump sealer
                              -Valve stem seals
                              -Coolant pipes behind head
                              -Propshaft flexi coupler
                              -Propshaft carrier bearing

Steering rack is out to get rebuilt as well as that's where the weep is coming from.

New rear abs sensors fitted and used front ones, ABS was giving issues since the underneath restoration, I suspect one or more were damaged on removal.

All 4 calipers rebuilt, front left was slighty sticking.

All this should see it good for another while anyway. At this stage it has almost everything replaced or rebuilt bar the actual engine, gearbox and diff. I'll likely end up getting the gearbox done at some stage while parts are available as I don't see myself selling it and it'll deserve a refresh considering the rest of work gone into it.

Comment

• If you don't mind me asking where did you go in Europe Brian?
                                After all of that work the Supra will both feel and look like new.
                                Did you manage to hit any Autobahn stretches in it?

The LS400 would be a seriously good cruiser for cheap money.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X