No announcement yet.

Good deals on tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you get one, it makes a big difference.

Comment

• Just picked up the halford advanced 5 drawer top box and 5 drawer lower cabinet/trolley.
      €250 plus vat ain't to bad.

Comment

• So you cant use your trade card or Axa card on the black friday deals? Was tempted by those, around €550 for the set of 3 Advanced ones.... Are the heavier load rating drawers worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TuneR View Post
          So you cant use your trade card or Axa card on the black friday deals? Was tempted by those, around €550 for the set of 3 Advanced ones.... Are the heavier load rating drawers worth it?
          The drawer system seems to be a bit better and they have slow closers on them, they are a bit better but I'm not a heavy user and I allready have a few different boxes so I didnt see the need.

Comment

• Halfords have 20% of their tool chests but the bottom 6 Drawer is over 50% off when you use the code Extra10 so it's just over €170 when you order through click and collect, picked one up today as at that price I thought it was worth it, its showing as €270 on trade card so a decent saving.

Comment

• I just tried that and got an "Ooops, none of the items in your basket qualify for this voucher." message they must have fixed the glitch.

Comment

• Be careful about the halfords boxes,

I bought a top and bottom advanced box, got the both home and when I opened the top box it was damaged so I brought it straight back.
                They had no more of the top box in stock so I waited for a week for their next delivery. I asked to open the box in the shop only to realise that 3 other boxes where damaged in exactly the same way.
                obviously a manufacturing issue.

I'll pick another one up after Christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by AidanStap View Post
                  Halfords have 20% of their tool chests but the bottom 6 Drawer is over 50% off when you use the code Extra10 so it's just over €170 when you order through click and collect, picked one up today as at that price I thought it was worth it, its showing as €270 on trade card so a decent saving.
                  Ya got the bottom 6 drawer adv but used an old Axa card to bring it down to 172. Will collect the top boxes when/if they come down on sale too, albeit after checking them for the issues Renn mentioned above.

Comment

• I brought my halford breaker bar back yesterday and they didn’t have one in stock. Girl also said they may not replace it without a receipt.

The quality has dropped noticeably I think in the last couple of years and they are starting to get sticky with returns. I think it’s the beginning of the end of Halfords tools. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.
                    Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

• Impact guns are back in Lidl today. Managed to snag one. Missed out on them for the last 2 or 3 years. Closest thing in a Millwaukee is something like €550

Comment

• ^^^ I actually picked up one of them the last time people were talking about them on here as I used to just use the air gun... Tbh it would open very little in regards to suspension components and wouldn't open any wheels. If anything it frustrated me into buying the milwaukee and i'm glad I did bought a big an small 1/2 inch milwaukee with one set of batteries and it just makes everything a breeze. The small little milwaukee will open more than the large lidl one. Worth the investment tbh if you do any sort of work.

Comment

• Ah bolox wish I'd seen that before I bought it! Was hoping it would be useful on the mx5 suspension refresh.

Comment

• incidentally it was an mx-5 I was using it on when we pulled the back subframe out of the one at home. If anything I suppose it saved winding in and out wheel bolts but don't trust it to tighten anything near everything I sent home with it needed an extra nip up after. Milwaukee is the opposite you have to stop and check that you don't snap whatever it is your tightning off ha ha. That was partly the reason I bought the small milwaukee so I could send things home and just check them after without the worry of wrecking threads.

Comment

• Ah :D:D:D:D. Hopefully yours was possibly faulty or something!ha ha I have a lot of their other tools so I assumed these would be just as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Bear View Post
                                I brought my halford breaker bar back yesterday and they didn’t have one in stock. Girl also said they may not replace it without a receipt.

The quality has dropped noticeably I think in the last couple of years and they are starting to get sticky with returns. I think it’s the beginning of the end of Halfords tools. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.
                                You can get the joint on the top on its own if you need to fix that

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X