Good deals on tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deals on tools

I'm not sure if there's a special on these at the moment but the modular socket sets in Halfords seem to be great value. Can anyone say if they are on special or not? Might have to grab them if they are, lifetime warranty and all that.

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tool...socket-set-1-2

Seeing as there's been lots of greats stuff lately would people have an interest in keeping this thread open to spread the word on good deals?
    Last edited by Smokey Bear; 21-03-2017, 08:57 PM.
    Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

I would like to see this thread kept open. I am always inclined to purchase some half price tools.

They do seem a good deal, not sure if they are on special offer or not though.

Comment

I picked up that exact set during the week as I had a tenner off voucher that was expiring, great value for 30 even better for 20,
      30 is an online price if I remember right they were marked 40/50 instore, the guy on the till mentioned they are 25 with a trade card

I haven't used them properly yet but had a play around with them the day I got them and the quality is great for the price.
      The is the ratchet is a little stiff/ but will probably free up with use & to be fair I'm comparing it with a Facom ratchet that costs twice on its own what the set cost me, I can't understand how they can sell the likes of this and make money, especially with a lifetime guarantee

Comment

Also the set I got has 6 point sockets which was a nice bonus as what I reserved looked to be 12 point.

Comment

The ratchet mechanism does not get a lifetime guarantee on the halfords stuff if i remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by TyperItr View Post
            The ratchet mechanism does not get a lifetime guarantee on the halfords stuff if i remember correctly
            It does unless evidence of being used incorrectly. IE as a hammer, belting the end with a hammer etc.

Comment

I bit the bullet and picked up a few bits this evening. I already had the Halfords toolboxes for the past few years and by removing the bottom case I managed to get 3 modular boxed into the bottom drawer. I went from this farmchild arrangement:

To this nice organised shiny arrangement. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to working with organised tools, they have 15% off online so less than 60 for the two sets and I picked up some other bits too.

Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'd already got the reduced from €200 to €30 socket set a few weeks ago. Picked up 4 modular units for my brand new and enormous tool chest. It still looks empty!
                Keep 'em coming!
                Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Bear View Post
                  I'm not sure if there's a special on these at the moment but the modular socket sets in Halfords seem to be great value. Can anyone say if they are on special or not? Might have to grab them if they are, lifetime warranty and all that.

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tool...socket-set-1-2

Seeing as there's been lots of greats stuff lately would people have an interest in keeping this thread open to spread the word on good deals?
                  Got the sis to get that in Dublin, bargain...... Thanks bud.

Comment

Originally posted by lucanlaw View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. I'd already got the reduced from €200 to €30 socket set a few weeks ago. Picked up 4 modular units for my brand new and enormous tool chest. It still looks empty!
                    Keep 'em coming!
                    I got myself that too and some flexi head ratchet spanners which seem to be just as good quality as gear wrench but I'll never work them hard enough to find out. What kind of chest did you get? I would love a red snap on lower box with the pine top. I can't justify it though.

Originally posted by james forde View Post
                    Got the sis to get that in Dublin, bargain...... Thanks bud.
                    No worries chief!

Comment

Thanks for the link Smokey, I do think its a good idea to make a thread dedicated to good offers (and maybe donedeal lists) of kit. I say donedeal listings as you might sometimes find a tool that would cost more than worth spending for a hobby come up cheap on DD.

Comment

Comment

thats a bargain
                          looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

I've got those halfords boxes in red. Not the greatest, but damn fine for the money, perfect for the hobbyist.
                            https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                              I've got those halfords boxes in red. Not the greatest, but damn fine for the money, perfect for the hobbyist.
                              not sure the red ones are the same quality. i have the red ones and served me well but not great quality

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X