No announcement yet.

1990 Toyota Celica GT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question - What size is the 'gazebo' that you used as your spray booth, wouldn't mind creating something similar myself.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post
      Did you watch the Binky/BOM Howie did it episode about the Celica gearbox? Amazingly overengineered.

I haven't seen that, I'll have to find it, cheers!

Originally posted by dimitri View Post
      Great work, you're in deeper than I've ever been comfy at before there conor2469. Are you going standard clutch again?

How are the vacuum hoses etc. at the back of the engine? Might be worth renewing them now while it's on the floor, they're a right pain to get to when it's in the car.

I wouldn't be in a rush to do it again. Be happy that yours still has a healthy clutch! Yeah I'm staying with the standard clutch. Lots of the clutch manufacturers supply the same clutch kit whether its st185, st205, Caldina etc. So if they can handle st205 or Caldina power then they should be enough for any light tuning I plan to do.

​​​​​​​
      Originally posted by slipsliderg View Post
      Don't forget the Hoses from Hell at the back of the engine also.

Get the genuine replacement from Toyota. as they have a heat protection wrap where required.

https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30901

Love seeing these come together, the gearbox is a beast in weight.

Yeah thanks for that, I removed and checked them and they all look good, although the heat wrap was missing off one so I put fresh heat wrap on it.

Originally posted by dave.irl View Post
      Quick question - What size is the 'gazebo' that you used as your spray booth, wouldn't mind creating something similar myself.

Cheers
      It's a 6x3 gzebo, we got it off donedeal. Its snug enough for a full car but still perfectly doable if you are careful

Current stable:

1988 VW T3 Syncro
      1989 VW Jetta Syncro 1.8T
      1990 Toyota Celica GT4

Comment

You're clearly an experienced mechanic. you know how to use all the sizes of hammer

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
          You're clearly an experienced mechanic. you know how to use all the sizes of hammer
          Haha yes, the sledgehammer was for removing the box from the engine!
          Current stable:

1988 VW T3 Syncro
          1989 VW Jetta Syncro 1.8T
          1990 Toyota Celica GT4

Comment

www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
            Working...
            X