Where are all the Racers, Rallyists and Trackdayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Racers, Rallyists and Trackdayers

As per the tiltle, Where are all the Racers, Rallyists and Trackdayers. This section used be filled with tales of races trackdays and rally's. Have we all given up and gotten old? I for one liked reading up on others competitive exploits. Like the kick start the project section got a few months ago, If you do anythting competitive post about it.
    https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Anseo.
    Getting close to taking the RallyKa out. Designing and making brake caliper brackets.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Anseo also!

Hape of flights booked for Nurburgring weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
        Anseo also!

Hape of flights booked for Nurburgring weekends.
        Jealous.
        www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Been aiming my sights at a track bike since parting out the Supra. But progress is definitely slow.

For starters, I keep buying 2nd hand leather suits online that are too small. Which is a pain in my fat hole.

Comment

Over to Angelsey for first time since March 2020 in a few weeks. Really looking forward to it.

There is still a regular posse from on here at Mondello trackdays as well. I guess you can only write so much about going round in circles in a field in Kildare!

Comment

I hope to be out on Friday for the first time in 6 years I think.

cdiv enjoy, anglesey is mega.
              https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

i keep an event report in my project thread for every targa rally i do.

is this section not taboo now in 2022..? i thought i was one of the only people left on here that loves burning petrol like its 1999
                looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  I hope to be out on Friday for the first time in 6 years I think.

cdiv enjoy, anglesey is mega.
                  Look for Joe in the grey VX and ElDel in the red 308 GTI. Might be a few others out

Comment

Originally posted by cdiv View Post
                    I guess you can only write so much about going round in circles in a field in Kildare!
                    I guess no one told the horsey set!

Comment

Was out on the bike in Mondello last Wednesday, got soaked to the skin, hopefully the weather is a bit better on Sunday. The new tarmac felt nice, can't wait to get a good run at turn 4 in the dry!

Comment

Hoping to get the RX7 out for a trackday next month

Comment

I moved in with herself recently so now have some extra money to finally bring the DC2 back from the grave, I initially used the money I had to buy the ST.

Then to see if I can kill it around Mondello again.

Comment

Yeah, surprised that most the pitlane stuff disappeared. Quite a few of us are now using Whatsapp for the trackday events. As it happens, I updated a very old post with an update earlier. I have taken part in a lot more trackdays in the last year and as many other competition events as I can fit in.

http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...ore-puff/page6

Comment

I was only telling Piers earlier that I kind of have given up and gotten old alright.It was 2019 since I last did a race and the last competitive event I did was a sprint this time 2 years ago just before the Covid stopped everything.

I still have 2 Lotus racecars and still take them out for plenty of trackdays but find myself happy enough with that and currently couldnt be arsed putting in the extra time and effort of actually bringing them racing.

Certainly a far cry from years ago when many late nights were spent in the garage preparing the car and then over to England for a weekends racing in Elise Trophy and then back to report on here how I got on before doing it all again sometimes only a week or 2 later.I once hauled the car all the way over to Spa to do a race and then did another race in Silverstone the following weekend.Now I am exhausted after a trackday in Mondello and it is only 20 minutes away!I have definitely gotten old and lazy.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X