F1 2022.... too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 2022.... too

Well, are we over the 2021 finale yet as it wasn’t long coming round to the next generation of F1 car. It’s car launch season and Redbull are second out of the traps....

2022-Red-Bull-F1-Car-Photos-1-1.jpg

Last edited by Bazg2; 09-02-2022, 07:47 PM. Reason: Brain fart
    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Have to say the cars look a little bit better, but still too big. This is how the size of F1 cars have increased over the years. Mind you, last season was very good.
    A9D758A6-312B-47B1-8621-564625E17795.jpeg

Comment

Well these cars are slight smaller and narrower, if we get any on track overtakes in Monaco, we’ll know they did something right.

Comment

The new cars look great but are way too big alright.
        They’ll still sound shite though.

Comment

Haas car has also been launched.Last few years I miss the gloss paint especially on the Ferrari.

Comment

Apologies, brain fart moment, I knew that

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
              Apologies, brain fart moment, I knew that
              I only found it when I went looking for more pics the Red Bull.I like the look of the new cars but them wheel discs or covers look all wrong to me.Like something ya get on Matchbox or Hot Wheels toys

Comment

Originally posted by Cappo View Post
                Have to say the cars look a little bit better, but still too big. This is how the size of F1 cars have increased over the years. Mind you, last season was very good.
                A9D758A6-312B-47B1-8621-564625E17795.jpeg
                Most of the 90's F1 cars to me were stunning to look at.

Comment

Its not the width that is the problem as much, its the bloody length.
                  There were overtakings in Monaco up through the early /middle 1980s, but after that, they got rarer and rarer.
                  Of course, it was also helped by the increased scientific knowledge of tyre behaviour (nobody's tires fall of a cliff for unknown reasons, or suddenly discovered they had much more traction that they thought) but the length of the cars really made it harder to get that one bit ahead.

Anyways op topic, I guess we wont see the real cars till the first test session. Both the Haas and the Red Bull are just livery launches.
                  Each team is afraid to show their real solutions.

The wise word is that Ferrari look to be in a strong position, having abandoned 2020 and 2021 efforts to concentrate on 2022, but I still think that Red Bull will be the team to beat, Adrian Newey is a great designer, and he designs with his head first, rather building and testing in CAD and wind tunnels over and over.
                  Then again, one team might discover a double diffuser trick and then its all open.
                  "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                  "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

Yeah, rumours are everywhere, Merc were supposed to have “something special”, but who knows, maybe Haas who did zero development in 2021 will surprise everyone. Alonso think El Plan will work, Renault supposedly stopped developing their engine for the last few years to focus all on this. Merc also said they gained back the 20hp they lost due to the new E10 fuelling, but equally Honda is rumoured to have gained that back plus more.

what will make this season great is the great unknown, with hopefully more mixed up grids.

Comment

Aston Martin are launching there car tomorrow,live on sky sports F1 at 2PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

The wise word is that Ferrari look to be in a strong position, having abandoned 2020 and 2021 efforts to concentrate on 2022, but I still think that Red Bull will be the team to beat, Adrian Newey is a great designer, and he designs with his head first, rather building and testing in CAD and wind tunnels over and over.
                        Then again, one team might discover a double diffuser trick and then its all open.
                        Adrian Newey is also a huge fan of finding loopholes in the rules when it comes to design

Comment

Looks like the usual rumours have begun in earnest. Saw that last year's drivers championship is still not official and that there has been new audio released. That said I read it on a UK site which would be slightly biased. Also read this morning that Christian Horner bid and won a Merc F1 factory tour at a charity auction. Seems like the games have begun...

Comment

The Redbull car was just really a livery reveal. Most of the parts used have been seen to be just for show, and not even legal. Horner said the actual car will probably look a little different. Keeping their cards close to their chest at the minute, not to give anything away to Merc.

The Haas car seems like it may be a fairly finalised car and had some interesting design features. Watched a good breakdown video of it on YouTube by an Aerodynamics guy who used to work for Mercedes

Comment

When is testing starting? Must be soon enough, will get some idea of the pecking order then

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X