Clear All

• jimgti
    replied
    Explains it well enough here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQPuif6EZB0

Leave a comment:

• jimgti
    replied
    Originally posted by Cold View Post
    I'm sure you're not asking me specifically but I'm struggling to fully understand what is happening and why. So Seidl saw Sauber as a career upgrade with the Audi money type of thing? McLaren stuck for options so promoted internally which is maybe bad?
    Sorry, was not a question directed at you personally, more a general question. Thought McLaren were pumping money into developing infrastructure, etc. and bar this year were making progress. For Seidl to jump ship before they got to reap the fruits of their labour, is not a good sign imo, maybe not going right direction or money drying up, etc. Maybe just Audi made him an offer too good to refuse, but they are not replacing him with a team manager that has experience in the role, but maybe all will be good there.
    Last edited by jimgti; 15-12-2022, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    I'm sure you're not asking me specifically but I'm struggling to fully understand what is happening and why. So Seidl saw Sauber as a career upgrade with the Audi money type of thing? McLaren stuck for options so promoted internally which is maybe bad?

Leave a comment:

• jimgti
    replied
    Are those moves not a good sign for McLaren? Would Norris be exiting stage left if it is?

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    If you guys haven't seen it, this is a good article I thought on the changes occurring in F1 as a result of the cost cap and how leading a team is now a different ballgame: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ound/10410952/

It seems like doing financial modelling of different approaches is nearly as important as anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Smythy411
    replied
    That is a very good synopsis of today's events! It was all very confusing as the announcements came in on social media this morning

Leave a comment:

• cdiv
    replied
    F1 Mgmt silly season has kicked off.

Vasseur exits Sauber and replaces Binotto as Ferrari boss
    Capito retired/gone from Williams (along with FX, his technical director)
    Seidl exits Mclaren, announced as new Sauber CEO (Audi has bought Sauber, but doesn't enter until 2026, Seidl is ex Porsche, i.e ex VAG, so a return to the mothership of sorts)
    Stella takes over as TD in McLaren.

Leave a comment:

• hi-rev
    replied
    Originally posted by SJ View Post

My bad.
    Guenther Steiner is Italian too!
    According to Austrian TV, Steiner is very much Austrian.
    ..but then, the line of nationality is a bit murky there when it comes to historical figures...

Leave a comment:

• SJ
    replied
    He's very Nicki Lauda in his straight talking. Lauda apparently plucked him out of Ford as a talent when he was in charge of the Jag F1 entry...

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    Switzerland has four languages: German, Italian, French, and Rätoromanisch (not sure what it's called in English). Northern Italians tend to speak German also. The border areas there are quite blurry when it comes to language and culture.

Anyhow, G√ľnter Steiner is a legend of a man. I'm not sure he's the suave Ferrari type, though.

Leave a comment:

• Roarsbaby
    replied
    Originally posted by SJ View Post

My bad.
    IIRC Switzerland has German, Italian and French communities?
    Guenther is a gas man. Star of Drive to Survive IMO

Leave a comment:

• SJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post

Mattia Binotto is a Swiss-born Italian engineer and the team principal of Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One.
    He was appointed to the role on 7 January 2019, replacing Maurizio Arrivabene. His parents are Italian.
    My bad.

Leave a comment:

• charlie
    replied
    I think LeClercs main problem is his lack of decision making experience and also not being able to rely on his engineer during the race to make good decisions. Martin Brundel mentioned this during one race where this lack of decision making responsibility was clearly evident during a radio exchange. I can't remember which race exactly as there were so many bad decision made behind the scenes. I don't think LeClercs driving ability is in question but if you don't have the confidence in your team mistakes will happen. As team Principle, Benito didn't appear to know if he should scratch his watch or wind his butt. I hope the new Team Principle is a better decision maker.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    Ferrari is the Man U of F1 so presumably they will go through team principals in the same manner, lol

Leave a comment:

• Roarsbaby
    replied
    Originally posted by Titan View Post
    There you go, I always thought he was Italian

Agree with many others, being a team principle in F1 must be just head wrecking and the pressure
    never ending.But the Ferrari job is probably one of the most intense and demanding there is.
    Mattia Binotto is a Swiss-born Italian engineer and the team principal of Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One.
    He was appointed to the role on 7 January 2019, replacing Maurizio Arrivabene. His parents are Italian.

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X