No announcement yet.

F1 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. Poor guy. His career has been a bit of a “car crash” tbf.

Looks like the Mercedes-Bounce is back too.

Comment

• I’m just watching the FP’s now and Zak Brown was supposedly turning the screw already during the week saying they’re not getting what they want out of him etc.

mercs are just sprung too highly to get their performance, they can reduce the bounce but they lose performance, they’re not porpoising as before.
      I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• It’s a pretty strong statement particularly coming from Zak. He’s usually super smooth American style. I’d say McLaren is under a decent amount of financial pressure generally so Ricciardo might be heading for the chop thanks to some clause or another. I’m sure he’s not cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElDel View Post
          The fact that the first question Ricciardo's engineer asked after the shunt was "Is the car alright?" sounded like a bit of a Freudian slip which reveals the drivers standing in the team.

Danny simply replied "I'm alright".
          Actually that was because the engineer was looking at the data, and not at the camera.
          Only afterwards did he go: "oh!"..
          He was warned there was a crash ahead. The one he caused...
          "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
          "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• It’d be great if Ricciardo did well, though. He seems like a great guy.

Just like it’s great to watch Lewis fail.

Comment

• Here is the actual comunication before someone (the "social" media) gets its self in a twist:
              https://twitter.com/wtf1official/sta...043009/photo/1
              "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..

Comment

• Wait until D2S gets a hold of it!!

Nico Rosberg said team was the issue with the crash, chasing more speed and setting the car up badly. Lando “hit” the wall yesterday too but got away with it. Vettel had the same issue in the same corner as Ricciardo but just managed not to hit the barrier.

Comment

• I used to love Monaco years ago, but with these lardy cars, it's a rubbish race most of the time. Qualifying is far more interesting.

Those Mercs look very uncomfortable.

Comment

• Yeah it's pretty obvious Daniel Ric is really struggling to get on with that McLaren.
                    I'd expect talk of him being replaced starting to ramp up a bit if he cant start to turn it around over the next few races.

Fair play to Alonso,great qualifying run for him.

With a bit of luck it will rain for a part of the race tomorrow,might liven it up a bit.

I don't know if anyone watched Mick Schumacher talking about racing here and they played him Michael's last pole lap here in 2012 or 13.
                    That car looked so narrow and small compared to what they are like now.
                    Last edited by Titan; 28-05-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, a bit of rain should be good. Brundle was saying, rumours of losing Monaco the race, there’s issues with contract talks. It would be no loss to F1 as a race spectacle. Would much rather keep the Spa, Suzuka circuits etc.

Comment

• I would actually be a bit upset to see Monaco disappear.
                        In the auld days, it was the only street track. While racing has never been great at it, it was then unique. A a break from the otherwise fast tracks of Hockenheim, Spa, Monza, Silverstone etc.
                        Now, all the copycats of Baku, Abu Dhabi Miami etc. try to to copy the glitz and glamour with fake plastic trees and equally fake boats and marinas.

Monaco, along with Silverstone and Monza are the only original F1 tracks still on the calendar. It's such a part of history is un-removable.
                        Yes, there are overtakes on Baku or Abudhabi. But only because they have a landing strip length straight. Sure, we might as well bring AVUS back, and there will overtakes a plenty.

Mind you, one of the preferential treatments Monaco gets, it has its own feed production. Which is why they sometimes show naff stuff, like cutting away from an overtake last year, and the poor cutting this year (showing Hamilton on a slowdown lap for half a lap, or cutting away from the Perez spin and crash. etc.)

Comment

• I get it, but it’s probably more that Liberty would like to see more ticket sales, I don’t know what the average capacity is around Monaco, but there’s been hundreds of thousands around other venues.

Comment

• It could just be PR as well, creating a bit of drama and gossip around the weekend. Dropping Monaco would be insanity. You can’t ditch the classic tracks, that would kill the mystique and F1 would be just another racing series. Americans watch this stuff because it’s European and has class and tradition. Monaco loves F1 as well and it’s part of its mystique.

I like Baku incidentally. It’s a proper street circuit but it has overtaking also and doesn’t look like a Formula E track.

Comment

• Yeah it seems fairly obvious and likely something will have to change relating to Monaco.

I wasn't aware that they basically sell and control their own advertising along with paying
                              some of the lowest fees to host a race.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...p-lustre-faded

Comment

• Surely Sponsors would rely on Monaco out of all races for exposure?

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X