X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimgti View Post

Not on yet AFAIK. Think next week.
    Ya it on till 23-25 Feb.

Looked on Sky and there no listing for anything live next week.All they have is a 30 min Ted's notebook.

I think there showing the second test in Bahrain live.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
      Good riddance!
      he can wait out his retirement in a small office in FIA headquarters pushing papers from left to right for all I care.

However; One of the persons mentioned as replacement, Niels Wittich, has not exactly covered himself with glory in DTM as of late:
      https://the-race.com/gt/dtm-finale-w...ecide-a-title/
      While I think Masi got a lot wrong and was very inconsistent with his rulings,I think the way the FIA set up the system,allowing teams to basically harass the race director during the race weekend was a really big problem and should have been stopped a long time ago.

Anyway,I'm sure this new system of governance wont be perfect either but at least it should help reduce the teams pushing their agenda and bias onto the race director.

Comment

ferrari
        Attached Files
        Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

That looks mega....
          Ferrari-officially-presents-their-2022-F1-contender-the-F1-75.jpg?is-pending-load=1.jpg

this view.... class, hated all those flat rigid nosed cars of the last decade.

Ferrari-F1-75-frontale-960x545.jpg
          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
            That looks mega....
            Ferrari-officially-presents-their-2022-F1-contender-the-F1-75.jpg?is-pending-load=1.jpg

this view.... class, hated all those flat rigid nosed cars of the last decade.

Ferrari-F1-75-frontale-960x545.jpg
            Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post

While I think Masi got a lot wrong and was very inconsistent with his rulings,I think the way the FIA set up the system,allowing teams to basically harass the race director during the race weekend was a really big problem and should have been stopped a long time ago.

Anyway,I'm sure this new system of governance wont be perfect either but at least it should help reduce the teams pushing their agenda and bias onto the race director.
              Oh yes, it was wrong too.

The direct link between teams and race director did make sense for certain areas, such as when the tires were failing in Baku - There the teams were able to dictate a race stop to change tires on safety grounds (even though, in reality teams should not have been allowed to push the tires to hard, but that is a different matter...) - But quite clearly, Masi allowed the system to be abused.

While Charlie Whiting had years of experience to draw on, Masi had no such advantage, and through his incompetence revealed the broken system for what it was.
              "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
              "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

Oh yes, it was wrong too.

The direct link between teams and race director did make sense for certain areas, such as when the tires were failing in Baku - There the teams were able to dictate a race stop to change tires on safety grounds (even though, in reality teams should not have been allowed to push the tires to hard, but that is a different matter...) - But quite clearly, Masi allowed the system to be abused.

While Charlie Whiting had years of experience to draw on, Masi had no such advantage, and through his incompetence revealed the broken system for what it was.
                Agree with that,hopefully the Fia will get a system in place now that is far less open to be abused by those shouting the loudest.

I think the fact Masi was literally dropped in it when Charlie suddenly died just added to the instability of it as well.

I was reading something on the BBC website I think it was.
                Even on non race weekends,Masi was travelling the world,looking and inspecting tracks.
                He was also attending the likes of Formula E races regularly as well.

It just seems the job was asking way too much from one person,especially when they didnt have decades of experience to help them deal with the undoubted pressures of that most important jobs.

Comment

I hope Ferrari are back at the front this year. Be good to have another team in the mix and they are well over due a championship. Be interesting to see Sainz v Leclerc, was close last year with Sainz just edging it IIRC.

Comment

It'd be nice to see Ferrari and McLaren up there for sure but perhaps likelier to be Ferrari. I think it will be a good year with the new designs and underfloor aero that isn't impacted by following other cars. That was an ingenious rule change in my opinion.

Comment

I see Ferrari have reverted to the original version of the Ferrari red, the one used for a good few years was dictated by Marlboro sponsorship. Despite owning two red cars, I never liked the luminous red that they used.

Comment

How cool does this look, especially with the drivers helmet in camo too.

https://twitter.com/alfaromeoorlen/s...IR33TnzCaT_Tyg
                        https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

Originally posted by Cappo View Post
                          I see Ferrari have reverted to the original version of the Ferrari red, the one used for a good few years was dictated by Marlboro sponsorship. Despite owning two red cars, I never liked the luminous red that they used.
                          Yes! so much better. Just a shame the wheels aren't gold.
                          "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

Originally posted by SJ View Post
                            Just a shame the wheels aren't gold.
                            Hopefully they read this and make that change for the first race. Would look well IMO

Comment

When were they gold last,the start of the Schumacher era in '96/97?

Comment

from yesterdays testing. cool looking sideports from redbull
                                Attached Files
                                Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X