No announcement yet.

F1 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I stayed up to watch it but... for me in Sydney, coverage started at 2:30 am, race at 4:30 am, I am now at work, its 11 am, I am dying.
    Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

• At least the next race is at a far more favourable time for you down there ozy

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
        At least the next race is at a far more favourable time for you down there ozy
        ha! zing! nice reply, and in fact, I fly out next Wednesday to Melbourne to go see the damn thing with my cousin and hopefully meet one of the lads from Backroads that live down there.
        woo bloody hoo!

p.s. still dying
        Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

• Nice one,enjoy it especially since it's been a while since it was on there 👍
          Be interesting to see if the changes they've made to the track have made it better or not so much...

Comment

• Very nice!

The Saudi race is on at a strange time in fairness. It must be aimed at the increasingly important US market. It seems they have gotten into F1 in a big[ger] way.

Hamilton did well in fairness to him. It’s easy to sit at the front and maybe deal with one or two other cars but to carve through the midfield pack is another ballgame and it’s not uncommon for drivers to just get stuck. And Sky had something to talk about during the race.

i don’t know if it’s a new F1 thing across the board or track specific but the TV coverage has been poor. Maybe it’s because there’s actually stuff happening now but in Bahrain they would switch to somebody doing a pit stop in the midst of a fight on the track and in the last one they did replays during the actual fighting. Do the replays during the boring bits… or if I really really cared I could just rewind myself.

Comment

• Do they have their own video feed or is it feed coming from a local tv network? It used to be that way and the local guys would focus moreso on a local driver as opposed to other battles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                Very nice!

The Saudi race is on at a strange time in fairness. It must be aimed at the increasingly important US market. It seems they have gotten into F1 in a big[ger] way.

Hamilton did well in fairness to him. It’s easy to sit at the front and maybe deal with one or two other cars but to carve through the midfield pack is another ballgame and it’s not uncommon for drivers to just get stuck. And Sky had something to talk about during the race.

i don’t know if it’s a new F1 thing across the board or track specific but the TV coverage has been poor. Maybe it’s because there’s actually stuff happening now but in Bahrain they would switch to somebody doing a pit stop in the midst of a fight on the track and in the last one they did replays during the actual fighting. Do the replays during the boring bits… or if I really really cared I could just rewind myself.
                I noticed it too. And Jenson Button even said during the commentary at one point "we need to get back to the fight here" when they randomly changed camera away from the Verstappen leclerc fight mid attack. At another point they cut from a some very important bit to show some random Hamilton footage not worth talking about. I wish there were options other than Sky for live coverage

Comment

• Amazing that Leclerc can actually race hard like say, a racing driver, get out of the car shake hands laugh and joke about the hard race, and give full kudos to Max for just getting lucky in that battle to come out on top, rather that pissing in 'Bono's' ear saying 'this guy is crazy man' after every battle that Shamilton does.

the Ocon Alonso battle was great to see too. it was promising to hear Ocon afterwards in the interview the presenters asked was it just this track that we will see these type of battles ? and Ocon said 'Oh no, it will be like this for sure, these cars are like go karts pretty much'

thats promising
                  looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by Smythy411 View Post

I noticed it too. And Jenson Button even said during the commentary at one point "we need to get back to the fight here" when they randomly changed camera away from the Verstappen leclerc fight mid attack. At another point they cut from a some very important bit to show some random Hamilton footage not worth talking about. I wish there were options other than Sky for live coverage
                    Yeah, the filming was atrocious. In the middle of a battle they cut away to show some replays, and even badly cut replays.
                    The problem is all the feeds in the world come from the same source, so it was the same for all of us.

It was an interesting race alright.
                    Verstappen and Leclerc raced with their brains out, each trying to outsmart the other one.
                    The new cars seem to be working, but again, we still ad a few cars qualifying out of position (Mclarens and Hamilton) , so that added to the overtakings.
                    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark2 View Post
                      Amazing that Leclerc can actually race hard like say, a racing driver, get out of the car shake hands laugh and joke about the hard race, and give full kudos to Max for just getting lucky in that battle to come out on top, rather that pissing in 'Bono's' ear saying 'this guy is crazy man' after every battle that Shamilton does.

the Ocon Alonso battle was great to see too. it was promising to hear Ocon afterwards in the interview the presenters asked was it just this track that we will see these type of battles ? and Ocon said 'Oh no, it will be like this for sure, these cars are like go karts pretty much'

thats promising
                      It’s only the second race of the season though. If they take each other out during the season or if the battles remain close to the end I don’t think they’ll be joking with each other somehow 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
                      Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                        Latifi has a tendency to muck up races, doesn't he? It's probably his only real contribution to F1.
                        We agree on something!
                        2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                        2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                        2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                        1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                        1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
                          It’s only the second race of the season though. If they take each other out during the season or if the battles remain close to the end I don’t think they’ll be joking with each other somehow 😂
                          Yeah things could change after a few more races like that. But I don't think it will get messy like with Hamilton! Both drivers seemed to genuinely really enjoy the race yesterday! No complaints from either driver. And I know Max and Charles have some history from their go-karting days, but they are of the same generation and do seem to have genuine respect and comradery, unlike with Hamilton...

Comment

• "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                            "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• That was a great race. More of that in the future please!

I have never watched F2, mainly because I don't get the time. I had left the race on and left the room. When I came back a few hours later there was a rerun of the F2 race on. The thing I noticed immediately was the sound....You could hear the engines! 3.4 turbo V6. Why the hell is F1 so restricted when the junior classes get to have all the fun with proper engines?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post

We agree on something!
                                Who is Latifi anyhow? Some pay driver presumably? That seems to be Canada's lot in life, providing semi-useless pay drivers to F1.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X