Killarney Historic Rally 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killarney Historic Rally 2021

I've never really travelled to a Rally before, only been to local ones where I'd know the lie of the land but thinking about heading to Killarney next weekend to see a bit of it.

Not really planning on camping out on a stage for the whole day, does anyone have suggestions of a spot where a man could get to within lets say 30 minutes walk, watch the stage and head back for home. my travelling companions have neither the toughness nor the attention span to spend a day freezing their bits off on a mountain in kerry.

Looking at the locations of the stages is this approach even possible in Killarney? I know there's not an abundance of roads out there to come at a stage from the side. Wouldnt have to be the worlds best corner or anything, just a bit of noisy old cars will be fine.

Does anyone have a program that could share the stage maps in advance? The Caragh Lake area looks like my best option for accessability.

Comment

Please see attached… I’m going but not sure exactly where I’ll be.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I think I'm on duty there now. ​​​​​​
        I had hoped to spectate.
        www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Thanks DMZ, I'd assumed Molls stage was from killarney out to Molls as opposed to from there onwards. looks to be some good access from the southern side of that stage too.

Comment

Very short day's rallying with a very compact route, I'd recommend getting into one of the stages before the road closes (generally 90 mins before 1st Car) and get parked up for the 2 runs. The access to Molls from the Kenmare side will get you to the Gap, but note they are swinging right so not the usually spectacular Molls Gap as you'd imagine. My tip would be to come in from Killarney and get the car parked somewhere along the stage (lots of good lay-by's low down by the 1st lake, or in the mile or two from Ladies View to the 2nd lake), you'll see a lot better action with more freedom to move around.

It'll be an early morning, but finished up nice and handy in the early afternoon.

Comment

You don't have children do you? If I can get one full stage in without them crying I'll be delighted. The very end of Caragh lake looks ideal.

If I can line everything up I'll get a rally stage in the morning, a hurling match in tralee in the afternoon and look at a tractor I want to buy on the way home!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                You don't have children do you? If I can get one full stage in without them crying I'll be delighted. The very end of Caragh lake looks ideal.

If I can line everything up I'll get a rally stage in the morning, a hurling match in tralee in the afternoon and look at a tractor I want to buy on the way home!
                The most Irish forum post, EVER!
                www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

its a balls that theres only 6 stages this year, but better than nothing!

i think trying to get 3 stages is not going to be possible without drama, so my plan is molls gap, or possibly ballagbeema service, carragh lake I think.
                  the right turn at molls gap is quick but not enjoyable as the proper gap.

looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post

The most Irish forum post, EVER!
                    I dunno, hurling in tralee is a bit unnatural

Comment

Is there any decent map of the stages available online?

Comment

Killarney-Historic-2021-Regulations-updated.pdf

https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/counc...s-rally-259126
                        Last edited by Alfaguy; 22-11-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                          Is there any decent map of the stages available online?
                          In this thread for instance

Comment

support the rally and buy a programme!
                            looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

The rest of us have an excuse, but Alfaguy should surely be able to find one in the kingdom.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X