No announcement yet.

Killarney Historic Rally 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd convinced myself this was on last weekend. Had the Saturday cleared, laid out the weather gear on Friday night, set the alarm for 4:30, switched off the phone when it went off, woke up again at 7:30, cursed meself, messaged the lads to say I wouldn't be going ("No rally for me today") to which I got a reply along the lines of "No rally for anyone today, rally is next week..."
    If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2 View Post
      support the rally and buy a programme!
      €12 for a programme that's mostly full of ads - sorry no thanks.

Comment

Gym or rally launch - gym or rally launch???

Comment

Originally posted by cianha View Post
          I'd convinced myself this was on last weekend. Had the Saturday cleared, laid out the weather gear on Friday night, set the alarm for 4:30, switched off the phone when it went off, woke up again at 7:30, cursed meself, messaged the lads to say I wouldn't be going ("No rally for me today") to which I got a reply along the lines of "No rally for anyone today, rally is next week..."
          Reminds me of a couple of friends who were going over to England a few years ago.

Both of them rocked up to the check in desk,handed over the passports and bags etc only to be told by the smiling Aer Lingus staff member that their flight wasnt for another week.

Pair of eejits 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post

Reminds me of a couple of friends who were going over to England a few years ago.

Both of them rocked up to the check in desk,handed over the passports and bags etc only to be told by the smiling Aer Lingus staff member that their flight wasnt for another week.

Pair of eejits 😂😂
            I did the same on a ski trip, except I booked the wrong week. Meeting a load of lads there I couldnt miss it. I paid for a seat on the flight out and was going to 'wing' it on couch surfing. but massive kudos to TUI whom by the time I landed had me rebooked in a week earlier at no extra cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post

€12 for a programme that's mostly full of ads - sorry no thanks.
              Yea you should probably save the €12 to pay into the stages instead I suppose. Oh wait...

Comment

Aren't those ads for the companies that continue to support rallies time and time again? From what I see some of these companies are still supporting rallies 20years+ on.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
                  Aren't those ads for the companies that continue to support rallies time and time again? From what I see some of these companies are still supporting rallies 20years+ on.
                  correct, plus its one of the main revenue streams these days for the clubs to actually recover costs of running events.

Alfaguy, if you cant contribute 12euro, stick to the gym
                  looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

€12 for a days entertainment, money well spent.

Unreal buzz parking up near Molls after the two hour sprint down, sun not up yet but the snowline visible ony a few hundred metres further up the hills. Synchronised three point turns, firing the car in tight to the drain, togging out with another three or four layers, the bustle of a decent crowd. Stopping to take pictures of spectators road cars on the way up Getting "the spot", then hiding out of the wind for an hour before the unmistakable induction roar from that S14 first made itself known over 4km away as it crested before Looscaunagh. Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitri View Post
                      €12 for a days entertainment, money well spent.

Unreal buzz parking up near Molls after the two hour sprint down, sun not up yet but the snowline visible ony a few hundred metres further up the hills. Synchronised three point turns, firing the car in tight to the drain, togging out with another three or four layers, the bustle of a decent crowd. Stopping to take pictures of spectators road cars on the way up Getting "the spot", then hiding out of the wind for an hour before the unmistakable induction roar from that S14 first made itself known over 4km away as it crested before Looscaunagh. Magic.
                      Lovely bit of prose there D. I totally get the excitement it brings, only very disappointed to have missed it. Won't be happening next year.

Comment

hopefully after Covid the rally will come back to full length. the night runs in previous years were fantastic. standing in the pitch black freezing cold with hundreds of other nut cases waiting on the spotlights to start appearing in the distance
                        looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Deffo, the night stages down there are magic.

Short loop with tight times this year, and I'd to run into Killarney between stages to pick up the missus, but still got every car on Stage 1 and just missed Breen (heard it, but didn't see) on 6. Two out of six wouldn't be a bad days effort at the best of times. The schedule definitely suited getting locked in for the two passes somewhere though, with a flaschk of tae and sangages.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitri View Post
                            Deffo, the night stages down there are magic.

Short loop with tight times this year, and I'd to run into Killarney between stages to pick up the missus, but still got every car on Stage 1 and just missed Breen (heard it, but didn't see) on 6. Two out of six wouldn't be a bad days effort at the best of times. The schedule definitely suited getting locked in for the two passes somewhere though, with a flaschk of tae and sangages.
                            yep for sure, i would have plonked myself in the middle of Molls Gap somewhere but i wanted to go to service to meet a few lads

Comment

I was the stop car at the end of Molls Gap, so i didnt get to see any cars at full chat. but my god the sound of Breens M3 was magnificent echoing through the valley
                              BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X