F1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The season that keeps on giving!
    I don't agree with Max getting the punishment and Lewis not - they are both to blame.
    Max is way up alongside and has every right to stay on track - Lord Lewis as straight lined to the apex to bang wheels and send Max across the sausage kerbs - it was just unfortunate that they ended up on top of each other.
    Racing incident and that's that - punish both or punish none.

And all the while, when these are knocking seven bells out of each other, we are seeing different battles and different winners!

Whether you love them or hate them, this is what F1 has needed since Rosberg beat Hamilton and it's mega!

Comment

• McLaren 1 & 2 - that's been a long time coming. Delighted for Ricciardo, I hope he can keep that momentum going for the rest of the season, and Lando is a class act.

Verstappen vs Hamilton, sure isn't a good head to head like this exactly what the sport needed? The sequence of extraordinary mistakes that resulted in them both arriving at that corner together would have a fella reaching for the tinfoil FWIW, I think this is just another example of how Max had a little too much of the Senna Kool-Aid growing up and he's got a lot to learn about respect for others and playing the long game. As the young gun he's making things exciting, but it'd be great if he could drop the attitude and concentrate on racing fairly.

Comment

• It's a bit mad when you think about it but these two teams are usually the best of the best when it comes to pit stops.

But in this race both teams made mistakes during Lewis' and Max's pit stops which led to both of them coming together on the same piece of track coming into the first corner.

This has all the makings of an epic last part to the season,its going to be nip and tuck to the end hopefully.

Comment

• I think its going to be interesting how Hamilton comes back. Max was in a bad accident and came back with no issues, will be interesting to see is Lewis willing to take the same risks wheel to wheel with Max after having a car on his head

Comment

• I wouldn't think he'd even give it a thought, you don't get to F1 if crashing is going to bother you.

Comment

• If I remember correctly Hamilton stuck it in the barriers at around 180mph on his very first day in the McLaren during testing back in 2007 so that didnt put him off racing.

He already seems to be over the stiff neck judging by the pictures of him at some gala thing in New York.

Comment

• Max taking new engine and starting last.

Comment

• Waiting for Toto to say his 3 place penalty should carry over to the next race. Effectively avoided it with this.

Comment

• That was very much expected, was it not?

The rest of qualifying… perhaps not expected. A bit of rain is always good!
                    I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Yeah, qualifying was good, feel a bit sorry for Gasly, he could’ve had a great result there if the team listened to him, he was fuming afterwards. Perez is pants!! Hamilton is feeling the pressure, making mistakes more and more, he left his “brake magic on again and took out one of his pit crew in free practice, then In qualifying he hit the wall in the pits and eventually spun into a barrier on the final qualifying lap.

the race start should be good with everyone slipstreaming into the first corner!!
                      ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Not a bad race at all.
                        Bit of excitement the whole way through, topped off for the last 10 laps or so.

Feel sorry for Lando but he will get a win before the end of the season I feel.
                        Verstappen made great progress through the field and its going to be nip and tuck
                        with Lewis up to the last race I think, plus he now has a fresh engine which will be one less
                        thing to worry about.

Its a pretty phenomenal stat for Lewis too, 100 GP wins.

Comment

• Early on in the season I was thinking Monza and Russia were McLarens best chance, they won’t do any better, maybe Mexico, but the Merc PU never faired well there, their car is set up to be quick in the straights. They were nowhere in Zandvoort for example.

Yes a good race but Hamilton gifted another win, while Verstappen gifted 2nd place, I think Max was more pleased with Hamilton begrudgingly mentioning Max getting second was not good.

100 wins is more of a testament to Mercs’ dominance in the hybrid era as no one was able to touch them for years.
                          ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• I don’t remember Sochi ever being particularly good but this was a good one. Rain always delivers. We got a topsy turvy grid and we got excitement towards the end. Half way through the race I would never have expected Hamilton to win followed by Verstappen.

it’s interesting how hard it is for Hamilton to overtake. There’s been a good few races with a Mercedes powered car ahead and he just can’t get close enough. Strategically maybe not so smart to supply other teams unless they are on your side when it matters but I’m sure McLaren and Williams aren’t complaining.
                            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Anyone know why Martin Brundle never goes to the Russian GP?
                              https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Channel 4 didnt go either,they just broadcast from Red Bull HQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X