No announcement yet.

F1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah that move was something I have not seen since 1997.
    It was a deliberate crash.
    We could discuss whether Hamilton was right in cutting Verstappen of on the straight before, but once that move was done, Verstappen (as did all of us watching) that there was NO WAY he could make that pass. It was absolutely, 100% deliberate.

Any sane race would back off if he had gotten cut off, go on the radio complain bla bla, and maybe MAYBE Hamilton would have gotten 5sec penalty, if that. But Verstappen, being pissed off with Hamilton, pissed off in general (due to his slow pit stop) just saw the red mist in front of his eyes, and caused a deliberate crash.

It's one thing when a drive overcooks it, and accidentally slams into another, that is obviously not on, and should be penalised (in the way of: "learn to drive, you") but this was a calculated move.

I would have thought a race ban would have been a more appropriate penalty.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• He did look towards him, but after Hamilton put him hospital at Silverstone, do you really think he gave too much of a shite if he was ok??
      ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Everyone says max is a cold :D:D:D:D:D:D:D for not making sure Lewis was ok after the crash but I think he knew he was ok as he was trying to reverse away as max was still getting out of his car and as he was walking away.

Comment

• Didnt see the whole race but brundle (i think it was him) was adamant it was a racing incident.

Comment

• Brundle doesn’t really like Hamilton by the way.

I thought it was a racing incidence too but then I think penalties are a bunch of nonsense anyhow. Do we want drivers to go around in circles or actually race?
            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• I always seen brundle as a Hamilton fan boy. Never knew he didn't like him so was surprised when he but the blame on Hamilton in commentary

Comment

• Verstappen got punished, grid penalty for the next race.

Comment

• Doesn’t make sense that, Hamilton only got a 10 second penalty in Silverstone. Paul Di Resta was also siding with Verstappen... turning into even more a farce...
                  ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                    He did look towards him, but after Hamilton put him hospital at Silverstone, do you really think he gave too much of a shite if he was ok??
                    Fair enough but this was a bit more of a dangerous coming together compared to the more usual hitting each other side on.
                    And I'm not saying Hamilton was blameless for the Silverstone crash,I think Verstappen is still a bit annoyed that he seen Hamilton celebrating so much after winning that race even though he was in hospital.

It's alright to be rivals and fight each other on the track but I think if your car lands on top of someone you should at least check they are ok.

Verstappen can get very hot headed,or at least that's the way he comes across sometimes on the radio and in interviews.

Anyway it's great to see the safety technology and research that goes into today's cars did their job today.

Comment

• Max seems as much of an asshole as Lewis, neither are in any way likeable. The pair of them are like young kids at a kart race winging about anyone who gets in their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                        He did look towards him, but after Hamilton put him hospital at Silverstone, do you really think he gave too much of a shite if he was ok??
                        Verstappen was sent to hospital for a checkup.
                        It was not that he was hospitalised. There is an important difference here.

Verstappen just kept whining about it, like we should all hold our breath on his account.

I dislike both Hamilton and Verstappen, for what its worth.
                        "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                        "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Hamilton was trying to reverse out from under as MV was walking behind the car, LW was obviously fine. If Copse was 51/49 Hamiltons fault, according to the stewards, I can this as the other way around quite easily. Plus at least this time both were out so no points haul to consider

Comment

• I like Verstappen I must say. A properly aggressive driver and he's a straight talking dude. Hamilton is about as interesting as the other Instagram influencers. Also a bit of a difference having a nudge in a corner vs sending someone into a tyre wall at a very high speed. I think I would have checked on Hamilton anyhow but I'm not in the heat of the battle so easy to say sitting on the couch. And he was fine anyhow.

Maybe the most important thing is that there are drivers actually challenging each other instead of a Mercedes cruising off into the distance. Given how qualifying looked, I didn't have high hopes for the weekend but it was a lot better than expected and obviously a bit of drama always helps.
                            I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Jaysis some serious over reaction here. Talking about bans for that. The stewards verdict was spot on in my opinion. Both were to blame just Verstappen a bit more.

And as for Lewis moaning that Max didn't check on him. Toughen up you moany git. Why would nax check on you he feels like you just took him out. Its not like it was a massive shunt.

I was delighted for Danny Ric. FL at the end showed he had the pace and wasn't holding up Lando. Also respect to Lando for that move at curva Gande.
                              https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• I think it was said before that Lewis trying to reverse his car out while Max was still in the car was proof enough that he was ok. I think Max was hard done by because he was quite entitled to make the move when Hamiltons' tyre weren't up to temperature. Had he have jumped the chicane he would've lost the position so he did everything he could to make the position stick. It didn't work and both lost out.

Max has had three DNF's and still leads the championship. Lewis is panicked, his attitude is changing, it's not all going his way now. The rest of the season will be either epic or farcical!!

Comment

Working...
                                X