No announcement yet.

F1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny enough, my first Grand Prix was also at Zandvoot, a few years earlier then yours, it was the time Gilles Villeneuve lost his rear tyre, but decided to continue to the pits with three wheels!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cappo View Post
      Funny enough, my first Grand Prix was also at Zandvoot, a few years earlier then yours, it was the time Gilles Villeneuve lost his rear tyre, but decided to continue to the pits with three wheels!
      Gilles Villeneuve was a hero driver of mine and I was really looking forward to seeing him in action on the Sunday as I didn't make it to the qualifying session. He was having car trouble all weekend and he ended up 16th on the grid with his teammate, Didier Pironi, ahead of him in 12th. More car trouble kept him out of the Sunday morning warm up session so then I was living in hope that he'd make a good run through the field in his spectacular style. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be either as, after his usual good start, he ended up being pinched by two cars ahead of him and off he went into the litter at turn 1. I was at the bend called Sheivlak (turn 7) and all we could see from there was a huge plume of dust going up into the air. He was killed the following year so never got the chance to see him again.

Comment

• Gilles was my hero as well, only got to see him that time, he went off just back down the track where I was standing, huge cheer from the crowds when he got it going. And pass us by. There was huge controversy at the time as it was probably a dangerous move, but I believe the 'Il Commendatore' Enzo Ferrari himself was very impressed by his efforts to bring the car home. I was really saddened by his death

Comment

• Originally posted by ElDel View Post

This weekend's action at Zandvoort is bringing me back loads of memories. As it happened, the F1 convoy arrived from Spa on Monday the 30th of August, 40 years to the day from when I witnessed my first F1 GP.

And the first car I saw in action happened to be driven by someone from my locale..............

It will be interesting to see how this race pans out with the current generation of cars. The track is quite narrow, tight and twisty in a similar fashion to the Hungaroring and passing opportunities may be limited to banzai moves into Turn 1 (Tarzan). They were originally going to start the final DRS zone on the banked turn into the Start/Finish straight but now they're now erring on the side of caution and the zone will not start till on the straight itself so that will limit its affect.

The banking is not at peak Monza level but it is steep enough alright.

Jesus that is a pretty decent banking alright, I can only imagine what going around that would be
          like in the rain!!

I think the days of Marlboro tickets are well over

Comment

• Originally posted by Cappo View Post
            Gilles was my hero as well, only got to see him that time, he went off just back down the track where I was standing, huge cheer from the crowds when he got it going. And pass us by. There was huge controversy at the time as it was probably a dangerous move, but I believe the 'Il Commendatore' Enzo Ferrari himself was very impressed by his efforts to bring the car home. I was really saddened by his death
            Gilles was the fastest of all

Comment

• Hello all from Zandvoort - I ran the circuit last night and Wednesday night - the banking is much steeper than it looks on TV and the camber changes in some of the corners are fantastic - It is quite an electric atmosphere here this weekend!

Comment

• Enjoy! The track looks very cool. It may not translate to great racing but you never know.
                I'm with the resistance

Comment

• The racing wasn't the most exciting, but the cars looked great on that track. the rivers seemed to enjoy it too. Its a real shame how tv flattens everything out. There's a lot of elevation change on that track. Turn 7 is blind and you just have to commit to it. One of the few corners that ever made me nervous. I cant imagine what its like in an f1 car.
                  https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Somehow that race was worse than last week lol!

Comment

• From an armchair perspective, I thought the cars looked savage on that track, it was a challenge for all the drivers too, they really had to work, hence the top grafter Alonso had a great race, LeClerc thought the AT was easy pickings but got left for dead, good on ye Gasly!! Perez proving to me once and for all that he's not a top driver, don't care about making his way back from the back of the grid, it's a top car that won the race with a top driver.
                      ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                        Perez proving to me once and for all that he's not a top driver, don't care about making his way back from the back of the grid, it's a top car that won the race with a top driver.
                        I think we're just seeing the RB pressure getting to him and causing mistakes. His performances outside of the mistakes are good but your auntie had balls etc. I genuinely think they'd have less second drive issues if Marko was sidelined

Comment

• I figured correctly that the qualifying would be more exciting. I watched all of that which I normally don't bother doing. And ffwd through the race. I was really surprised that Hamilton got so close in qualifying. It probably would have been a more interesting race if he had taken pole.

Happy days for the Dutch, though. The place went mad.

Hopefully the Tifosi get something to cheer about at the weekend.
                          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            I was really surprised that Hamilton got so close in qualifying.
                            That was a good lap from Hamilton, given he lost a lot of laps in free practice. But Verstappen had two issues on his lap, where at one point it upshifted from 4th straight to 6th and lost a bit on the straight up hill and his DRS did not open, so probably would have been 0.3 or so faster.

Comment

• So it’s official, Bottas to drive for Alfa next year, on a multi-year contract! No word on Russell yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
                              Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Comment

• Russell is tomorrow apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X