No announcement yet.

F1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember a similar incident in Silverstone where Raikonnen spun Hamilton in the same circumstances. That was judged a racing incident, and Hamilton was not upset by it.
    Yeah Hamilton was a bit deep in the corner, but neither could he make his car disappear. And Verstappen nearly pushed him into the wall on the straight before, so I would say it was fair enough.
    Just a 1st lap incident.

Both drivers have pushed drivers off in their careers before, so it's not like any of them can claim the moral high ground.

Regarding the celebrations, so what? Verstappen was ok and alright. if he had been hurt, I am sure the celebrations would have been different.
    And as for the fans, yeah sure british fans are the worst, but not that Verstappen's are any better The whole day yesterday and today there has been unmeasurable amount of vitrol and hate thrown at Hamilton from Verstappen's fans all over social media, microblogging and F1 pages. You would think Hamilton was a baby eater from their descriptions.

And Horner is just embarrassing to listen to at this point. The technical changes introduced this year have favoured RedBull and McLaren's cars specifically, so he should be going about FIA favouritism.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
      I remember a similar incident in Silverstone where Raikonnen spun Hamilton in the same circumstances. That was judged a racing incident, and Hamilton was not upset by it.
      Yeah Hamilton was a bit deep in the corner, but neither could he make his car disappear. And Verstappen nearly pushed him into the wall on the straight before, so I would say it was fair enough.
      Just a 1st lap incident.

Both drivers have pushed drivers off in their careers before, so it's not like any of them can claim the moral high ground.

Regarding the celebrations, so what? Verstappen was ok and alright. if he had been hurt, I am sure the celebrations would have been different.
      And as for the fans, yeah sure british fans are the worst, but not that Verstappen's are any better The whole day yesterday and today there has been unmeasurable amount of vitrol and hate thrown at Hamilton from Verstappen's fans all over social media, microblogging and F1 pages. You would think Hamilton was a baby eater from their descriptions.

And Horner is just embarrassing to listen to at this point. The technical changes introduced this year have favoured RedBull and McLaren's cars specifically, so he should be going about FIA favouritism.
      I completely agree and im a bigger fan of Max than Lewis i actualy cant stand Hamilton!

Comment

• When Ch4 were showing replays you could see Hamilton start to pull back as he obviously could see what was happening as they went
        through the corner but obviously there wasn't enough track available for the both of them to get around the corner.

I was surprised to see how quick and racy Hamilton was up to the crash, had they not collided I think
        the Mercedes was quicker than the RB at that early stage which is a turn around compared to previous races.
        But Hamilton seemed to find it hard to get close to LeClerc for a large part of the race until the very end for some reason.

It was obviously a dangerous thing to do on such a fast corner but now Max will be thinking twice
        the next time he's in a similar situation with Lewis, knowing he's not going to back out.

But as usual social media gets all fired up and people writing abuse towards Lewis or any other person doesn't help
        the situation.No driver is a saint, every one of them has made some dodgy decisions in the past, Lewis included.

And yes Mark Webber is your typical straight talking Aussie and the coverage is all the better because of him.

Comment

• Well that was a good race,lot more excitement than usual for Hungary.

Delighted for Ocon and Vettel along with Alonso putting in a stonking drive as well.
          I thought Lewis was close to collapsing on the podium,he didnt look good at all.
          I hope it was just dehydration after that very tough race.

I dont know what all the booing was about towards Lewis,lot of Verstappen fans...

Comment

• Yep, Alonso was and a Merc essentially took out two Redbulls this time. Pity Sainz had no tyre left to keep the podium.
            ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
              Yep, Alonso was and a Merc essentially took out two Redbulls this time. Pity Sainz had no tyre left to keep the podium.
              Ive had my fill of redbull the last 2 weeks Karma's a :D:D:D:D:D!

Comment

• Yeah I thought Christian Horners argument was a bit stupid.
                Something along the line of he wanted the cost cap to be lifted for them because they might run out of engines after what happened at the last two races.

And since every team has to agree to that request,I dont fancy his chances,I think that would get a big Nein from Herr Wolff.

Comment

• Vettel now disqualified because not enough fuel in the car for a sample. Really gutted for Seb and the team

Comment

• Yep very harsh on Vettel but I suppose the team should have been on top of that. Great race today it was a joy to watch Alonso and Hamilton battle it out. I am no fan of Hamilton but you have to give him credit today for coming from last to finish what is now 2nd.

Comment

• Yep great race. Who would have expected so much overtaking in Hungary of all places?
                      I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                        Well that was a good race,lot more excitement than usual for Hungary.

Delighted for Ocon and Vettel along with Alonso putting in a stonking drive as well.
                        I thought Lewis was close to collapsing on the podium,he didnt look good at all.
                        I hope it was just dehydration after that very tough race.

I dont know what all the booing was about towards Lewis,lot of Verstappen fans...
                        Was a great race to watch.

For Hamilton it seems to be long covid.In an interview after he said he struggling with health since catching covid late last year and that it still a battle.I honestly thought he was going drop on the podium.

Comment

• Originally posted by joey View Post

Was a great race to watch.

For Hamilton it seems to be long covid.In an interview after he said he struggling with health since catching covid late last year and that it still a battle.I honestly thought he was going drop on the podium.
                          Yeah he looked really wrecked and like he was after running 100m sprint,I really thought he was going to collapse.
                          Hopefully he can take the summer break to recover and get back to full health.

Just heard about Vettel losing his place,I can only imagine what Verstappen thinks about that,the air will be blue when he heard that!!
                          Sorry for Seb but yeah,that is down to the team.

Comment

• So that was the Belgian GP 2021.
                            Two laps after the safety car,race was called.

Max will be pleased to be a bit closer to Lewis in the championship again even if it's just half the points.

Comment

• What a load a shite!

Comment

• Load of shite maybe but racing in those conditions is a bad accident waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X